E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
Mildred

My Ride: E46 320 Touring
E46 Supersprint VS Remus sports back box muffler

Hey!

I know just how opinionated and passionate you all are, so I wanted to get your input to help me choose between a Supersprint VS Remus sports back box muffler for my e46 320ti sports tourer!

I've replaced the airbox with an induction system and will be getting a full dyno remap once I've fitted the muffler your gonna help me choose

Looking for a wee bit more power, less weight but most of all a good Germanic growl with low bass, yet still a Bavarian Gentleman not a lunatic!

Thanks for getting involved and helping me with this mod

I will post before and after videos and photos of the install too!
Mildred is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
vicariously13

My Ride: 2004 330ci
I've heard Remus has reliability issues with rust over time. Supersprint is pricey but you get a great product. I would look for something in between. I'm not sure if there's any available for your specific car but I would suggest Billy Boat or Active Autowerke

No real mods... just loads of maintenance
vicariously13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
klax

My Ride: '04 325i
I've got a Supersprint muffler. No real power gains (I wasn't expecting any), I was looking for a nice sound which is fantastic. Nice and mellow at cruise, almost like stock but a great sound as you accelerate. I didn't want anything obnoxious. It's heavy but a bit lighter than the stock box.
klax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
Mildred

My Ride: E46 320 Touring
Thanks Klax! That really helps me, how long have you had it?! What would you get next...?!
Mildred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #5
klax

My Ride: '04 325i
I've had it about six years (I'm the original owner of the car). I don't have any plans to change it out so it's staying on the car till the car dies or I sell it. I plan on going to somewhere between 250-300,000 miles with this car, when the day comes that I sell it I'll probably put the stock muffler back on.
klax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
ModBargains
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 325e & E46 ZHP
I have never heard anything about the Remus exhaust systems pre-maturely rusting or deteriorating. Our customers have been very happy with them. The quality of workmanship and the additional high temp coating on them make for a great looking and amazing sounding exhaust system. They also come with various tip options, so you have some variation as to what you want people to see

BMW Wheels In Stock | BMW Intake Experts
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates!
ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote