E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #61
AMG-ETR
///AMG ETR

My Ride: S54B32 On Boost
Send a message via MSN to AMG-ETR
Quote:
Originally Posted by A4RingedONE8T View Post
The 500whp+ pulls we're done only on race gas I believe. A stock compression S54 isn't going to go much out of the low 4's without race gas or E85
Stage II AA kit makes around 540rwhp with the new manifold and that's on pump gas.

AMG-ETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #62
NickG

My Ride: 2001 330ci turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric W View Post
Basically anything over 500whp. would put a huge smile on my face, 501rwhp. would be just fine with me, but 550 is even better. I live in central ohio so I'd just be using 93 octane pump gas, I Do have Cam2 110 octane about 3 miles from my house easily available but I'm not willing to turn my modest M3 into that much of a "race car' so to speak. Take's the daily driver convenience away.

93 octane, stock S54 @10lbs. boost without any meth/water injection: wonder what the outcome of that would be on your kit?
The kit was designed to run 8psi on 93 octane unleaded fuel. With that setup, it has put out over 460rwhp through a catless exhaust and stock muffler (no cutout). Just to see the possibilities, we threw some 103 octane unleaded fuel in and increased the boost to 10.5psi. This resulted in the last dynos shown in this thread (~524rwhp).

You'll have to decide if having 460rwhp on a daily basis, with occasional increases to over 500rwhp when you fill up with high octane fuel, is worth it to you.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #63
A4RingedONE8T

My Ride: Turbo ///M Roadster
Quote:
Basically anything over 500whp. would put a huge smile on my face, 501rwhp. would be just fine with me, but 550 is even better. I live in central ohio so I'd just be using 93 octane pump gas, I Do have Cam2 110 octane about 3 miles from my house easily available but I'm not willing to turn my modest M3 into that much of a "race car' so to speak. Take's the daily driver convenience away.

93 octane, stock S54 @10lbs. boost without any meth/water injection: wonder what the outcome of that would be on your kit?
First off, why are you saying 10psi without referencing a turbo? Boost means nothing on its own. 10psi on a T25 vs 10psi on a 67 vs 10psi on a GT55 all drastically different. Boost pressure means nothing without speaking of a specific turbo or CFM. 93 octane is going to net you at best 450whp on a stock S54
Old 12-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #64
A4RingedONE8T

My Ride: Turbo ///M Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by A55A55IN View Post
Stage II AA kit makes around 540rwhp with the new manifold and that's on pump gas.
Different powerband, blower vs turbo, and AA uses meth. Not at all an equal comparison.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #65
NickG

My Ride: 2001 330ci turbo
Quote:
According to AA's website, their Stage2 kit is "designed and engineered to operate in conjunction with the Active Autowerke Water/Methanol system as an integral part of the kit." This is in addition to the 11-12psi that the kit runs to make that advertised power. The previous question indicated a goal of 10psi and no water/meth injection.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #66
AMG-ETR
///AMG ETR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG View Post
According to AA's website, their Stage2 kit is "designed and engineered to operate in conjunction with the Active Autowerke Water/Methanol system as an integral part of the kit." This is in addition to the 11-12psi that the kit runs to make that advertised power. The previous question indicated a goal of 10psi and no water/meth injection.
I was under the impression that AA uses meth as a cooling agent and not as a octane booster.

I remember speaking with Jean long time ago and he said it's not required to have Meth switched "on" all the time but only when the temperatures are warmer.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #67
Eric W

My Ride: 02 AA M3, 02 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG View Post
The kit was designed to run 8psi on 93 octane unleaded fuel. With that setup, it has put out over 460rwhp through a catless exhaust and stock muffler (no cutout). Just to see the possibilities, we threw some 103 octane unleaded fuel in and increased the boost to 10.5psi. This resulted in the last dynos shown in this thread (~524rwhp).

You'll have to decide if having 460rwhp on a daily basis, with occasional increases to over 500rwhp when you fill up with high octane fuel, is worth it to you.
Sorry everybody, I didn't mean to start an argument and wasn't trying to be so confusing for everyone.

My only question was with you advertised turbo kit that you are currently finishing up, you designed the kit to operate at 8lbs. boost through a catless exhaust with whatever turbo comes as part of your advertised production kit. This gave you a result of 460whp. which is very good for only 8lbs. boost.
I just wanted to know how many more lbs. of boost would need to be added to achieve 500+whp. If your already making 460whp. at 8lbs. without meth injection I would assume just 1 or 2 more lbs. of boost would net you 500whp. ON PUMP GAS still.

What would happen if you did the exact same dyno that you did on 103 octane race gas @ 10.5lbs boost BUT left the 93 octane pump gas in the tank an dyno'd it again at 10.5lbs. boost. Would it make 500whp.? Would it knock/detonate or would the stock s54 make 500whp. on your turbo kit @ 10.5lbs. on 93 pump gas and be just fine????
Eric W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #68
Eric W

My Ride: 02 AA M3, 02 325ci
Quote:
If AA. made 540whp. using meth. Maybe I could contact them and up grade a few of my parts on my existing AA. supercharger kit and be able to make 500whp. without the addition of there water/meth system. That would save time and money. If this where possible without the meth. 11-12 psi. would be scary without the safety of meth though
Eric W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #69
djtrini

My Ride: 04 M3 & 05 330i ZHP
Quote:
AA Stage 2 is advertised 520 whp w/ meth. w/ STD Correction. Tune is meth dependent to make the extra power.

AA also recommends:

Upgraded Motorsport 55 degree thermostat
Upgraded radiator
Headers
Clutch fan

AA also notes the following for their stage 2:

Stage 2 tune is dependent on their provided meth system, failure to install their meth system on stage 2 Or turning off the meth system will VOID WARRANTY.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #70
luke@maximumpsi
Sponsor

My Ride: 750hp E36 NickG Tune
Quote:

Quote:
Sorry everybody, I didn't mean to start an argument and wasn't trying to be so confusing for everyone.

My only question was with you advertised turbo kit that you are currently finishing up, you designed the kit to operate at 8lbs. boost through a catless exhaust with whatever turbo comes as part of your advertised production kit. This gave you a result of 460whp. which is very good for only 8lbs. boost.
I just wanted to know how many more lbs. of boost would need to be added to achieve 500+whp. If your already making 460whp. at 8lbs. without meth injection I would assume just 1 or 2 more lbs. of boost would net you 500whp. ON PUMP GAS still.

What would happen if you did the exact same dyno that you did on 103 octane race gas @ 10.5lbs boost BUT left the 93 octane pump gas in the tank an dyno'd it again at 10.5lbs. boost. Would it make 500whp.? Would it knock/detonate or would the stock s54 make 500whp. on your turbo kit @ 10.5lbs. on 93 pump gas and be just fine????
Eric,

Nick has specified that 8 psi is the max boost pressure that our kit will run on 93 octane. Running 10.5 psi on pump gas would put you out of the safety zone. You could potentially do some damage to the motor.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions!

Luke King - Sales@maximumpsi.com
908-290-3571
luke@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #71
AMG-ETR
///AMG ETR

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtrini View Post
AA Stage 2 is advertised 520 whp w/ meth. w/ STD Correction. Tune is meth dependent to make the extra power.

AA also recommends:

Upgraded Motorsport 55 degree thermostat
Upgraded radiator
Headers
Clutch fan

AA also notes the following for their stage 2:

Stage 2 tune is dependent on their provided meth system, failure to install their meth system on stage 2 Or turning off the meth system will VOID WARRANTY.
That's with the Gen6 manifold - with the Gen7 manifold its supposed to pick up an extra 20rwhp so that puts it at 540rwhp.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #72
djtrini

My Ride: 04 M3 & 05 330i ZHP
Quote:
That's with the Gen6 manifold - with the Gen7 manifold its supposed to pick up an extra 20rwhp so that puts it at 540rwhp.
+20whp w/ new I/M is sweet indeed! What does 540whp STD correction factor convert in SAE correction factor anyone know?

MaxPSI posted all their dyno's using SAE correction factor either using staight pump gas or race gas no meth added.

I wonder what the kit can do with meth added to the existing tune? Exactly like Tonester did on his ESS VT2-550 kit. I think he gained around 25whp just adding meth to the existing ESS tune for the 550 kit. Ie. Tune isn't dependent in the Meth.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #73
Grendelsbane

My Ride: M3
Quote:

LOL...that is exactly what I am looking for...a Turbo kit that will put out 550 hp on pump gas. Oh and it would be nice if I could do it without going totally broke.
2004 Silver M3 / SMG / Koni Yellow shocks and struts / Vogtlands lowering springs / Eibach front and rear sway bars / Proflex bushings / Predator Orion V2 Multi-Color LED Angel Eyes / Laser Interceptors / Clear Bumper Reflectors / Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator / AKG Motor mounts / Rogue Engineering Transmission Mount / AKG differential bushings / Euro mirrors / B&B Exhaust / CSL SMG tune /DME CSL tune

Grendelsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #74
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendelsbane View Post
Oh and it would be nice if I could do it without going totally broke.
Exactly. It's about time.

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #75
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
550rwhp on pump with stock internals will never happen without meth or e85 "pump"

Also, once you get 550, you will want 650, and so on and so on, I promise!

Last edited by MSpired; 12-03-2012 at 07:08 PM.
MSpired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #76
joey330i

My Ride: bmw m3
any pics of the engine bay
Old 12-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #77
cnotesdip

My Ride: 330ci
great work
cnotesdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #78
adamdifilippo

My Ride: The M
Impressive results MaxPSI. looking forward to updates!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
adamdifilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #79
blkdiamondm3

My Ride: 2005 BMW M3
not sure if this was asked/answered before but since Mike is experimenting with different fuel options, will NickG consider adding an E85 fuel option. E85 is becoming very well readily available nationwide and im sure some of us can appreciate the power gains from running this fuel.

Eurosquad
Current - 2005 M3 Frozen Dark Grey/Cinnamon
Mods - Not Enough
blkdiamondm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #80
kidrobot_

My Ride: 2003 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdiamondm3 View Post
not sure if this was asked/answered before but since Mike is experimenting with different fuel options, will NickG consider adding an E85 fuel option. E85 is becoming very well readily available nationwide and im sure some of us can appreciate the power gains from running this fuel.
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...3&postcount=65
kidrobot_ is offline   Reply With Quote