E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 81 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #221
stpbmw

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Turn by Turn

Can anyone tell me how to get back to Turn by Turn navigation? I used to have the option but now when I enter a route it sets me a straight line, "As the Crow Flies". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
stpbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #222
GThreepwood

My Ride: 2001 330 Ci
Got my D99+ delivered this past week and finally had a chance to get her put in today. My previous set-up was the 4:3 nav, so it threw me for a bit of a loop when I realized the Fakra cable had square pins when I needed round. Oops... Guess I should've researched a little more.

No matter - as splicing the Fakra wires to the standard radio adapter was easy. Does anyone know if there are any adverse effects for doing it this way? I haven't noticed anything yet - everything booted beautifully - but I haven't really had a chance to sit down and hash out any bugs or annoying nuances.

Oh, and Jeff - thank you so much for the awesome service! Much appreciated!
GThreepwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #223
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Yes, you handled the fakra cable plug correctly. if your car has the wrong plug, swap them.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #224
MacSTi

My Ride: 2005 STi
Does this unit work with the Audiovox Duo for Sirius ability?
MacSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #225
Pectel

My Ride: Bmw 540ia x2
Hi everyone,newbie to the forum

As this is the most comprehensive dynavin thread on the interwebs i need to ask about some issues i have.

1. clock on windows side sometimes resets itself,could this be to low voltage from alternator?
2. Updating the Android side,screen is flickering and takes forever to update.
3. Android suddenly died/didnt start.been like this for three months thats why i have tried updating it.

any ideas how to fix these issues except setting it on fire?

dealer here in norway isnt too happy speaking with me regarding this unit.(think they knew it would have problems)

btw its a D99 installed in a E39

Cheers
Geir
Pectel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #226
g-rex

My Ride: Corvette, 330ci
OK after doing the research and asking a few questions, I just placed my order for the D99+ WinCE model, HVAC relocation kit, and the reverse camera on Jeff's website (thanks Jeff! please email the tracking number once you have it, order 2222).

I have one final question, but it's a minor one. Since I went ahead and opted for the reverse camera, what routing has everyone been using from the head unit to the trunk? Along the headliner, door sills, down the middle of the car under the console? I googled for several hours last night and didn't find anything. Just wondering if one is easier than the other. My guess is that the door sills would be the way to go.

Thanks
Tracy

Last edited by g-rex; 03-08-2013 at 06:38 AM.
g-rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #227
bimmerkid330

My Ride: 2004 330ci
I just got my dynavin with rear camera and accessories this week and the rear camera instructions show you the wiring path which is along the door sill. That's probably how i'll hook mine up. Except i'm most likely running my wires through the passanger side glove box to the door sills (the instructions go along the drivers side).

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-rex View Post
OK after doing the research and asking a few questions, I just placed my order for the D99+ WinCE model, HVAC relocation kit, and the reverse camera on Jeff's website (thanks Jeff! please email the tracking number once you have it, order 2222).

I have one final question, but it's a minor one. Since I went ahead and opted for the reverse camera, what routing has everyone been using from the head unit to the trunk? Along the headliner, door sills, down the middle of the car under the console? I googled for several hours last night and didn't find anything. Just wondering if one is easier than the other. My guess is that the door sills would be the way to go.

Thanks
Tracy
Old 03-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #228
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerkid330 View Post
I just got my dynavin with rear camera and accessories this week and the rear camera instructions show you the wiring path which is along the door sill. That's probably how i'll hook mine up. Except i'm most likely running my wires through the passanger side glove box to the door sills (the instructions go along the drivers side).
Pics of instructions?
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #229
jwbeck17

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-rex View Post

Thanks
Tracy
The wiring I used took the following path>

Back of Dynavin > behind glove box > tucked behind passenger door trim down to plastic step trim at bottom of door > underneath step trim to C pillar trim edge (it's the trim split at the same leve as the step sills) > underneath rear passenger step sill > underneath rear base seat cushion (it pops right out) > through the base or the split seat opening to trunk > behind trunk liner side trim > up through elephant trunk wire tube > trunk lid > trunk license plate light lip (need to unscrew it and remove to get cables through).
jwbeck17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #230
lfhdez

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325i
Send a message via AIM to lfhdez Send a message via Yahoo to lfhdez
Wow.. Dynavin definitely looks like it's come a long way from my D90... might have to update.

Transmitido en espaņol por SAP
lfhdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #231
bimmerkid330

Jeff,
I installed the Dynavin today and it was working perfectly. I turned it off and on a few times and now it won't turn on at all. I checked the fuse and it looks fine. Thoughts?
Old 03-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #232
bimmerkid330

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerkid330 View Post
Jeff,
I installed the Dynavin today and it was working perfectly. I turned it off and on a few times and now it won't turn on at all. I checked the fuse and it looks fine. Thoughts?
disregard. blonde moment. I should have turned the car on at some point as too not kill the battery.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #233
bratliff

My Ride: 330i
Ordered my Dynavin from Jeff last week. Installed it today and everything works perfectly right out of the box. I will say that the manual that comes with the head unit is basically worthless. This thread and Jeff's tutorials were much more helpful.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #234
GThreepwood

So I'm having some trouble with the bluetooth audio skip feature. Skip on the dynavin and steering wheel works in every other radio side application except bluetooth. Anyone have any idea?
Old 03-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #235
jwbeck17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GThreepwood View Post
So I'm having some trouble with the bluetooth audio skip feature. Skip on the dynavin and steering wheel works in every other radio side application except bluetooth. Anyone have any idea?
Had the same problem. Just delete the pairing from the Dynavin and phone, then pair again. Should hopefully fix it.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #236
GThreepwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbeck17 View Post
Had the same problem. Just delete the pairing from the Dynavin and phone, then pair again. Should hopefully fix it.
Awesome, thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try tomorrow and see how it works.

BTW, Jeff... are the USB wifi dongles that are included in Android orders from you tested at all? I'm having issues connecting to a wifi hotspot. It will show "connecting", "searching", "connecting", but never end up establishing a connection with my phone's hotspot. I've tried re-flashing to no avail, so I'm thinking I might be having an issue with the usb dongle. Are those provided directly from Dynavin?

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #237
jwbeck17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GThreepwood View Post
Awesome, thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try tomorrow and see how it works.

BTW, Jeff... are the USB wifi dongles that are included in Android orders from you tested at all? I'm having issues connecting to a wifi hotspot. It will show "connecting", "searching", "connecting", but never end up establishing a connection with my phone's hotspot. I've tried re-flashing to no avail, so I'm thinking I might be having an issue with the usb dongle. Are those provided directly from Dynavin?

Thanks for the help!
Once again, I had that issue, and still do. What are you using as a wifi hotspot? While the wifi can be finicky about connecting, I noticed that it seems like my iPhone 5 with AT&T is the culprit. A turn off/turn on of android Wifi along with a reboot of the phone seems to allow for a connection.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #238
GThreepwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbeck17 View Post
Once again, I had that issue, and still do. What are you using as a wifi hotspot? While the wifi can be finicky about connecting, I noticed that it seems like my iPhone 5 with AT&T is the culprit. A turn off/turn on of android Wifi along with a reboot of the phone seems to allow for a connection.
Well jw, if tomorrow morning comes and both these issues are fixed, you will be my personal hero! Thanks for the tips!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #239
ViperZ

My Ride: 1992 325i & 2006 M3
I received the Igo Primo GPS module for my Dynavin D99+ today. The module was the basic SW verson for a cost of $99. I immediately downloaded and upgraded it with the North American POI and North American Major Cities 3D Building add-ons ($22) for a total of ~$122. My D99+ was one of the earlier ones that came shipped with Sygic GPS module (~Oct 2012), later ones now come shipped with the Igo Primo.

Update of the software from the Sygic to the Igo Primo was easy and straight forward. First you remove the Micro SD card on the left side under the volume knob, and then insert the new Micro SD card. Power up the unit and press the Navi button. The unit will then display an error indicating it can not find the Nav SW files. The screen then allows you to browse to the Micro SD card file structure and load the Igo Primo.exe file. From there it only takes a few seconds and it ready for setup.

You are lead through a few series of setup screens, and that's it, its ready to go. From there I then powered off the system, ejected the Micro SD card and plugged it into my PC to update it with the newly acquired software. Note, it is necessary to install the Micro SD card into the D99 unit one time before the updates can be installed, this is so it can register the unit on the memory card.

From there the Naviextras Tool box is really intuitive and simple to use. Once logged in you can browse all the latest maps and updates for the Igo Primo in the Tool Box window. Updates are purchased and downloaded to the memory card all from the tool box. I have a Garmin Nuvi standalone GPS unit and it's not a slick as this interface. When all the updates have been applied to the memory card, you simply plug it back into the Dynavin units slot, power up and run the same set up screen again, viola! She done!

So I haven't had a chance to really use it yet, but already I can tell this is a much better interface than the Sygic SW it replaces.... In fact, in just navigating it's user menus, it feels light years ahead of the Sygic, and seems much simpler and easier to use. This is very welcomed as it allows a person to focus on driving rather than fumbling with the interface. The search menu seems very quick and easy to use, as does all the other menu items. In all I feel this is a worthwhile upgrade over the Sygic system, and I look forward to it use. Thanks to Jeff at J and T Distributing for getting this SW update to me with all the required support.

Downloading the updates and extras on Naviextras Tool Box

The Micro SD card and adapter, ready for the upgrade

The memory card inserts just under the left knob

Press the Nav button once and this error is displayed until the file path is chosen

Once chosen, the update takes less than 10 seconds to load

Here is the 2D Street view zoomed out, in night mode

Set up screen for the GPS

The search menu while retaining a windowed 3D map view

The POI menu showing nearby restaurants

That's all today folks....

Last edited by ViperZ; 03-12-2013 at 07:01 PM.
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #240
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Glad you are enjoying iGo Primo but one thing you didnt point out that is pretty important for future readers of this thread.....you had to BUY the program/maps for $99+/-......and then you added the upgrades from naviextras.com for $22. I want to make sure everyone reading this in the future understands the costs associated with what you did.

A little background for you readers out there, We recently started including licensed iGo Primo Navigation Program with the Dynavin units we sell, "ViperZ" has a previous unit that came with "Sygic Drive" Navigation Program and bought iGo Primo to replace it.

This version of iGo Primo works on Dynavin D95, D99, and D99+ units ONLY.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 03-12-2013 at 03:11 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d99, d99+, dynavin, gps, navigation