E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #301
soko

My Ride: 2004 330i
I wonder if anybody else noticed the same issue with USB resume.

When I turn off the ignition while playing mp3s from USB it will not remember the spot the next time I turn it on. If, before turning off, I switch to any other source, it will.
Anybody noticed the same thing happening on theirs?
soko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #302
eriksen76

My Ride: BMW 318D 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by soko View Post
I wonder if anybody else noticed the same issue with USB resume.

When I turn off the ignition while playing mp3s from USB it will not remember the spot the next time I turn it on. If, before turning off, I switch to any other source, it will.
Anybody noticed the same thing happening on theirs?
Actually one of the things that works on mine :p
Old 04-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #303
soko

My Ride: 2004 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksen76 View Post
Actually one of the things that works on mine :p
Seriously? it looks like each of the units have different quirks, not much consistency.

You could imagine how annoying it is each time you turn on the iginition, the same tune starts playing, tam-tara-ram-tam-tam. It's the first one from the first folder. I like the band and the tune, but hearing it for the 100-th time this week is too much.

Jeff,
did you have a chance to look into it?

Last edited by soko; 04-03-2013 at 11:33 AM.
soko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #304
eriksen76

My Ride: BMW 318D 2004
I cant adjust the birghtness or anything in the display category, only thing that works is switching from Off to just dim when using "mute"
Tried everything but never makes a difference o.o

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #305
E46Enthusiast20
Modded ///Member

My Ride: 2008 135i M-Sport
Alrighty everything's been fantastic since yesterday. The GPS won't find any signal. No satellites are shown. I've checked all the settings and it should be working but it isn't. Before it would be full of satellites and signals until yesterday. Could the GPS antenna be culprit? The GPS antenna is mounted by the center rearview mirror btw.

My hellrot sedan thread.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...382&highlight=
E46Enthusiast20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #306
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by soko View Post
Seriously? it looks like each of the units have different quirks, not much consistency.

You could imagine how annoying it is each time you turn on the iginition, the same tune starts playing, tam-tara-ram-tam-tam. It's the first one from the first folder. I like the band and the tune, but hearing it for the 100-th time this week is too much.

Jeff,
did you have a chance to look into it?
I just tried it and it starts where it left off......seems like your usb drive is not cooperating for some reason. Do you loose any other settings? Have you tried a different USB, different files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksen76 View Post
I cant adjust the birghtness or anything in the display category, only thing that works is switching from Off to just dim when using "mute"
Tried everything but never makes a difference o.o
Anyone else have this problem?
The Display setting in the radio settings are for video display, not the radio interface. The main interface has only the regular brightness and the dimmed brightness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Enthusiast20 View Post
Alrighty everything's been fantastic since yesterday. The GPS won't find any signal. No satellites are shown. I've checked all the settings and it should be working but it isn't. Before it would be full of satellites and signals until yesterday. Could the GPS antenna be culprit? The GPS antenna is mounted by the center rearview mirror btw.
By the rearview mirror? You mean up in the roof? That is definitely problematic....
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #307
E46Enthusiast20
Modded ///Member

Jeff why would it be problematic placing the GPS antenna there? It worked flawlessly since I got the dynavin until 3 days ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365453595088.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	499429  

My hellrot sedan thread.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #308
J&T Distributing

well its upside down for one thing...but that may or may not be an issue here....remember the sats are always moving, always a different combination in use, so its dynamic, what works today may not work tomorrow. You mentioned signal strength in your prior post, are you getting any signal or are you getting nothing. What screen are you looking at to determine your signal strength. If you are getting nothing at all that implies the wire has been damaged OR the plug has come loose OR GPS antenna has failed. In any case some troubleshooting is in order.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 04-08-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #309
E46Enthusiast20
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
well its upside down for one thing...but that may or may not be an issue here....remember the sats are always moving, always a different combination in use, so its dynamic, what works today may not work tomorrow. You mentioned signal strength in your prior post, are you getting any signal or are you getting nothing. What screen are you looking at to determine your signal strength. If you are getting nothing at all that implies the wire has been damaged OR the plug has come loose OR GPS antenna has failed. In any case some troubleshooting is in order.
I moved the GPS antenna around and nothing. Checked the connection and nothing. All settings checked and still nothing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365454691109.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	499432   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365454702066.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	499433   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365454798107.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	499434  

My hellrot sedan thread.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #310
J&T Distributing

Good pics, lets me know you are looking in the right place. Either the plug is loose or the gps antenna is dead/damaged as the dynavin is seeing nothing on the GPS port. Take a look at the connection and if it checks out, if it does, email me and ill get a new antenna out to you right away.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 04-08-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #311
E46Enthusiast20
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
Good pics, lets me know you are looking in the right place. Either the plug is loose or the gps antenna is dead/damaged as the dynavin is seeing nothing on the GPS port. Take a look at the connection and if it checks out, if it does, email me and ill get a new antenna out to you right away.
So I disconnected the antenna and reconnected it. Had little to almost no signal for a minute then nothing. GPS couldn't find my location. Shoot you an e-mail Jeff?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365460456148.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	499469   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365460505486.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	499470  

My hellrot sedan thread.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #312
goorec

My Ride: 318Ci
Hello. Is anybody trying to use NAVIGON on dynavin???
goorec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #313
lfhdez

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325i
Send a message via AIM to lfhdez Send a message via Yahoo to lfhdez
Hey Jeff, are the Android Dynavin units already sold out (the ones you have coming to you) or if I place an order today will I get one shipped out as soon as you get them? Thanks!

Transmitido en espaņol por SAP
lfhdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #314
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhdez View Post
Hey Jeff, are the Android Dynavin units already sold out (the ones you have coming to you) or if I place an order today will I get one shipped out as soon as you get them? Thanks!
The last shipment went quicker than usual...... but I have more coming in a few days.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #315
lfhdez

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325i
Send a message via AIM to lfhdez Send a message via Yahoo to lfhdez
Do you think I might be able to get one before sometime this weekend? (I'm in So Cal- Thinking about installing it as a surprise gift). I'm just not sure whether to order the WinCE or put up the extra dough for the android unit but if i'll get either by friday or saturday, I might just go for android.

Transmitido en espaņol por SAP
lfhdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #316
J&T Distributing

I don't really expect them until Thursday or Friday so I doubt you would have it by this weekend. The winCE units are in stock though. Lets do this by email though, keeps the threads cleaner.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #317
jwbeck17

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Very odd issue I have recently noticed. If I have my iPhone plugged in to the Dynavin but not playing music, it will start playing music as soon as I go in reverse. Once I go out of reverse, it shuts off.

I turned off the Reverse Sound in prefs but would like to turn it back on again.
jwbeck17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #318
SmokedBMW23

My Ride: Estoril 98 M3/4
Man seems like these things have a ton of random problems. I was looking into one but with all the wild random issues maybe it's better to wait till they get sorted out.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #319
jwbeck17

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Checking again and the Dynavin just acts odd with any sound source now.
- as soon as the car turns on, the Dynavin boots up and starts playing the radio, or the last input played. It then stops after approx. 5 seconds.
- then I take the car into reverse, and the music comes on again. It stays on until I shift to drive.
- if to want the music source to play at this point, you have to exit the desired sourced to the main menu, then switch back again.
- bluetooth streamed music also has the same problems, but in addition, the talk button on the steering wheel or right radio knob needs to be pushed frequently to reengage the stream.

So far I have used the reset button to reset the unit and have reinstalled the dynavin software. Any other suggestions?
jwbeck17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #320
J&T Distributing

Wierd, may be radio firmware related, nothing Ive seen before though. Email me and ill email you the firmware file and instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokedBMW23 View Post
Man seems like these things have a ton of random problems. I was looking into one but with all the wild random issues maybe it's better to wait till they get sorted out.
Actually the d99 and d99+ units have very few problems....this thread is biased towards people searching for answers to problems, people don't post too often when everything is working great! Also note this thread is really short compared to previous dynavin threads (and knock off threads) .....16 pages in 7 months....we were close to 100 pages at this point with some of the older units.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 04-13-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Tags
d99, d99+, dynavin, gps, navigation