E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 06:24 PM   #1
autograff323

My Ride: One nice BMW
Help with power folding mirrors

I have a 323I no power seats no memory I put aftermarket M3 mirrors on the car and they look great. I want to hook up my motors the way they work is two wires a blue and a white put power to one and ground the other it goes up and if you reverse the power they go down. I have seen ferns write up but he taps into the switch wires I have the T set up on the back of my switch and wanted to have them work off my lock unlock. My ? is how I can get my mirrors to work I know I need relays but I don't know what ones and how many. In ferns write up after the relay he taps into the switch wires is it possible to come straight out of the relay to the wires going directly into the motors??
Thanks

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
BMWF18

My Ride: Truck
Can you link his DIY and i'll see if I can help.
BMWF18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:37 PM   #3
autograff323

My Ride: One nice BMW
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=module
Old 02-24-2007, 07:54 AM   #4
Pat-UK

My Ride: 325i Auto
Send a message via ICQ to Pat-UK
Hi

I have the perfect solution if you don't want all the hassle of doing all the wiring yourself, It's not officially released until 7th March 2007, I have had to stick up a temporary website while the prober one is being built as I was getting so many enquiries about it.

Have a look here http://www.automods.co.uk and look under FCU2 module.

I emailed Admin a week ago but not had a response about being a sponser and being able to promote this through here. I am still awaiting a reply ADMIN !!!

Hope this is of some help to you

Pat
Pat-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:57 PM   #5
Mikaly

My Ride: TiAG 323i on 19s
Hey Pat, March 7th now. Any news on this?

Mikaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:19 PM   #6
Adenosinebambam

My Ride: My Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaly View Post
Hey Pat, March 7th now. Any news on this?
x2
Old 03-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #7
Pat-UK

Hi

Yes, we're Online at last, our web designer was not quite what he made out to be so i've spent most of the day trying to get things going myself.

The shop is working, all the prices are in USD. but I have not quite got the photos etc online as yet. it's only been on about 10 mins or so.

I will be trying to get everything sorted shortly.

At the Checkout use e46fanatics as the discount coupon code, it knocks off 10%

Thanks for your patience.

Pat
Old 03-09-2007, 01:38 PM   #8
Mikaly

My Ride: TiAG 323i on 19s
Awesome. Can't wait to see it!

I'm still debating whether to do it this way or use a center-off DPDT switch (since it looks like I have to add wiring with this module anyway). I'll decide when I see pics with install instructions. Thanks!

Last edited by Mikaly; 03-09-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Mikaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:05 PM   #9
Pat-UK

The only wiring you'll need to run if you don't want to add the fold when lock option, isthe cable to go from the passenger side mirror, you'l have to get that over to the drivers door, other than that it's totaly plug and play,

No wires to cut or or join.

I'm working on the new pictures now, My digital camera is crap at close up, i'm trying to borrow a better camera as we speak.

Thanks for looking

Pat
Old 03-10-2007, 09:07 AM   #10
Adenosinebambam

My Ride: My Ride
Can't wait to see a couple more pics.. looks promising!
Old 03-10-2007, 10:34 AM   #11
Pat-UK

I'm going to try to video the instal, I have sorted out a better camera and will be geting the photos done today.

It's noce and sunny at the moment so i'm gonna take advantage of the sunshine and do it in a min.

As soon as it's done i'll get it online

Thanks again

Pat
Old 03-11-2007, 09:37 AM   #12
Pat-UK

I've found someone that is going to sort out the site for me and get it working propperly.

I have taken shed loads of photos and will be organising them later to get online, I have decided that it will be best to include an install loom too.

Whilst fitting I noticed the distinct lack of ways to get the cables from the passenger door to the drivers door without looking tacky.

I decided to make up a 3 part loom and included it in the kit, Part One to go from the passenger Mirror fold wires to the door loom plug. Part 2 to go from the passenger side door loom socket to the drivers door loom socket and part 3 to go from the Drivers door loom plug to the Controller.

This will mean you have no extra wires showing going between the door and the car, it will look totally OEM.

I will be ordering the crimps tomorrow which should be here Wednesday or Thursday, I think this will be the best option all round, that way, all the wiring you need is included in the box, I can get my poor car back together now.

Thanks
Old 05-04-2008, 09:06 AM   #13
ollieretro

My Ride: 318is se coupe
hi pat-uk
this is my first reply to this forum so please bear with me lol.
i have a e46 coupe 318ci and have just installed oem m3 mirrors with power auo fold.
i dont have the fuse 57 to get the power source but i have just fitted a new wiring loom that goes in both doors with the black folding modules and the folding switch.basically as stated earlier im not getting power to the mirrors/switch etc at all.no heating tilt or powerfold.
how can i get power to these mirrors for both sides?
im gathering its only a case off this now because i have everything else now in place?
hope you can help
thanks
ollieretro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:05 AM   #14
ryn004

My Ride: '04 316i Sport
Send a message via ICQ to ryn004
Is the kit still available?
There's no contact details on automods.co.uk

PS: I'm a website developer if after5 years you are still looking for one.