E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.17 average. Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #21
threetwentyfizzle

My Ride: '00 323i
Many LOL's in this thread.
Sent from my HTC One X using Bimmer App
threetwentyfizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #22
Russian172

My Ride: Flying brick,e39 b28
Quote:
Originally Posted by threetwentyfizzle View Post
Many LOL's in this thread.
Sent from my HTC One X using Bimmer App
Many not many enough
Old 09-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #23
maurer

My Ride: 04 Coupe
OP needs a flame retardent suit for posting this here lol
maurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #24
tcphoto

My Ride: '01 325Cic TiAg
A waste of time, money and a perfectly good car. If you wanted an M3, you should buy one. Imagine if you sold the 325 and put the mod money into an actual M3, you would have a real M3.
tcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #25
Riverbmr3

My Ride: slow 3
who knows OP might slap an engine bigger than the real M3
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #26
lsteg

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoybmr3 View Post
who knows OP might slap an engine bigger than the real M3
Old 09-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #27
LeMansteve

My Ride: '04 330i 6mt ZSP ZPP
Simply stunning.

It's stunning why someone would choose to do something the absolute hardest way possible, only to have not even 1/2 of what they are trying to make in the first place!
Old 09-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #28
fofex

My Ride: 325ci 2001
Well guys ok let me explain.. I live in costa rica here the goverment charges alot of taxes for the import of cars
(thats why whe have a shitty flet of cars ) For example i bougth this 325ci in copart for $3200 and i paid $5500 of taxes to let the car come in to the country

If i bought and m3 i would not payed $5500 it would been $11000 or more...

On the bright side here manual labor is cheap so all the modification
that are being done are around $1800

So thats kind of the reason i dident bought and m3.

I never said it will be a real m3 but it will look alike and my plan also is to get and used motor of m3 and
Adapt it.
Cheers to all the good coments and the hatters.
fofex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #29
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
fofex,

The haters aren't haters...they're lovers...they're fanatics (me included). But our love and fanaticism is for the car...your car.

Had you invested that $1800 into the car, you'd likely be able to get it back, say, to 75% of what it was when it came out of the factory...and have many more thousand miles of driving safety and enjoyment.

That's why you got the heat. Not because your car wouldn't look nice with what you're doing, but because looks are deceiving. We want you to have a nice car, not just one that looks nice.

You'll grow to love this place if you love your car.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #30
fofex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
fofex,

The haters aren't haters...they're lovers...they're fanatics (me included). But our love and fanaticism is for the car...your car.

Had you invested that $1800 into the car, you'd likely be able to get it back, say, to 75% of what it was when it came out of the factory...and have many more thousand miles of driving safety and enjoyment.

That's why you got the heat. Not because your car wouldn't look nice with what you're doing, but because looks are deceiving. We want you to have a nice car, not just one that looks nice.

You'll grow to love this place if you love your car.
Thanks dmax yeah actually i put $1000 in to the engine to make it work weell.
I made a complete tuning, oil and filters changes, liquids, cables, inyectors. ..
I love this car i always wanted a bmw and finally i am able to have one because like i explained here in costa rica is dificult to have nice cars.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #31
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Yeah, then you should have just made it nice instead of trying to turn it into something it's clearly not. You could have modded it without trying to make it pose as an M3.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #32
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
fofex,

most of the haters are here to jump on anyone they can when given the chance and smell blood in the water. had they not read he was from Cost Rica they might have figured out it's not as easy to just get an M3. he isn't really making an M3, just one that looks like one (from what i can tell). what's worse to the love of a BMW, emulating a factory look E46 M3 with an E46 Coupe or modding it with outrageous body kits and the such?? there are plenty of build threads where people make M3 looking cars. anyone with M3 bumpers, M-Tech bumpers, M3 mirrors would fall in the same general category that you mention of "love for the car" and what it's not. group all theose people in and see where "fanatic" in "E46Fanatics" really fits what you say.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #33
PH03NIX46

My Ride: '03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Yeah, then you should have just made it nice instead of trying to turn it into something it's clearly not. You could have modded it without trying to make it pose as an M3.
To be fair, some people love the way the M3 looks. I don't blame them!

Good luck with your customization OP. Also, let us know when that motor's getting dropped in!
Old 09-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #34
dmax

Alex,

Although you might be right about the 'blood in the water,' I do think lots of comments like OP got are motivated because many think it's foolish to spend money on aesthetics when the mechanics are iffy. Admittedly, everyone assumed, like I sort of did, that the mechanics aren't as correct as they could be (I still sort of think that, knowing that even $1,000 in parts alone isn't close to what I've spent on parts...and I do have more to do still).

Also, you know, I bet half making the nasty comments here went through their own 'hazing' phase here and are just awkwardly 'welcoming' the OP as they'd been.

Yes, we have just plain old 'sharks' here too, just waiting for a toe to dip below the water line!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
Old 09-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #35
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Alex, Although you might be right about the 'blood in the water,' I do think lots of comments like OP got are motivated because many think it's foolish to spend money on aesthetics when the mechanics are iffy.
Also, you know, I bet half making the nasty comments here went through their own 'hazing' phase here and are just awkwardly 'welcoming' the OP as they'd been.
Yes, we have just plain old 'sharks' here too, just waiting for a toe to dip below the water line!
Old 09-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #36
dmax

Perfect!

Man, have to say that that movie scared the sh!t out of me the first time I saw it! Now, Fanatics scares me much more almost every day!

A recent set

Old 09-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #37
fofex

updates from todays work ...still working in the hood and in the back fenders

Old 09-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #38
fofex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post

most of the haters are here to jump on anyone they can when given the chance and smell blood in the water. had they not read he was from Cost Rica they might have figured out it's not as easy to just get an M3. he isn't really making an M3, just one that looks like one (from what i can tell). what's worse to the love of a BMW, emulating a factory look E46 M3 with an E46 Coupe or modding it with outrageous body kits and the such?? there are plenty of build threads where people make M3 looking cars. anyone with M3 bumpers, M-Tech bumpers, M3 mirrors would fall in the same general category that you mention of "love for the car" and what it's not. group all theose people in and see where "fanatic" in "E46Fanatics" really fits what you say.
i am with you i think that emulating a factory m3 is better than making a weird car with outrageous body kits
Old 09-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #39
Optio

My Ride: 328i
Converting a 325i to an M3 is like adding a silicone dido onto a 3 inch dick!

The women is going to open the hood and say......your 9 incher is a fake
Optio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #40
Blueandwhite85

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optio View Post
Converting a 325i to an M3 is like adding a silicone dido onto a 3 inch dick!

The women is going to open the hood and say......your 9 incher is a fake
Okay dudeman bro. Seriously shut up & leave.
Blueandwhite85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
325ci, 325ci transformation, e46 m3, m3, m3 look