E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2003, 10:00 PM   #1
woods42

My Ride: 98 Cobra
01 or 02 to 2003 Nav Upgrade? HELP

If I bought a 2001 M3 WITHOUT Nav, can the 2003 DVD Nav be added? I talked with a BMW dealer in Columbia, SC and they said yes and it would cost $1800 plus install and trim pieces. I just want to make sure it is possible. PLEASE HELP. I want to get a M3, but I definately want NAV.
woods42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:38 PM   #2
XcvX

My Ride: 1999 328i
Send a message via AIM to XcvX
I pretty sure that a retrofit is possible...but if you're looking at 1800+install maybe look into other possibilities that are possible outside of factory...Then again some people like the factory look its all personal preferance

SWED
XcvX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 11:42 PM   #3
woods42

Yeah, i like the factory look of the Nav. I am going to call a dealer in Atlanta tomorrow and see what they say about it. I know its 1800 for the unit and then I need some trim peices, so we will see. thanks
Old 06-30-2003, 11:47 AM   #4
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

My Ride: 2006 GTI
Follow this link:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...threadid=89826

Thats my NAVI system, looks better than OEM
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 08:48 PM   #5
woods42

looks good, but I like the OEM look better.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:49 AM   #6
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

But thats not only a NAVI system, its a TV, DVD, Tuner, CD player, and backup camera display

Old 07-02-2003, 10:37 AM   #7
woods42

True, but you can get the Nav-tv unit and get the same results. Even though the cost is probably alot more. How much was your unit and install? Also, does it have and voice command capability? U have any more pics of it?
Old 07-02-2003, 10:43 AM   #8
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

Yea it has voice commands, thats why I got it. And it was very expensive, but the quality is far superior to OEM NAV.

I posted alot of pics of the unit on that link I posted before, if you want to see more, I will have to take some when I get home tonight.