E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 03:53 AM   #1
omroalansari
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 28
My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci
New Kid On The Block. In need of advice

Gday guys.
I recently posted in another forum and was directed here.
I recently bought a 2006 silver 330ci 2 door convertible. It is my first car so as you can imagine I am over the moon with it. I however, would love any feedback or advice on the following topics from your seemingly expert options.
-Soft roof issues. Including electronic and mechanical failures and physical cleaning maintenance?
-Mechanical issues. How to maintain the driving excellence as best as I can. As well as Insure the length and therefore weight of the door will not have a profound negative effect on practicality?
-Interior maintenance. How to maintain the integrity of the leather as well as operation of interior controls?
-Modifications issues. Any recommended modifications I could import onto the car?
-Any general advice for a first time owner of a second hand 3series in Melbourne?
I apologise if I sound novice, because I am. Many thanks in advance!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1350118264154.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	473694  
omroalansari is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:20 AM   #2
DamoBMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 750
My Ride: '02 325Ci M-Sport
Nice car! Welcome to the forum
__________________
'02 BMW 325Ci 5MT M-Sport Individual Stratus Grey
DamoBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:33 AM   #3
omroalansari
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 28
My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci
Thanks a lot

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App
omroalansari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:30 AM   #4
gueste46
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,607
Hello. Welcome. I strongly suggest you try the advanced search option. Every one of your questions has been addressed, probably dozens of times. Type in your key words and you will be amazed at the volume of information you may get.

For example type in "convertible roof" select "search titles only" Try different combination of key words and get further results.

This way you are tapping in to thousands of people rather than the few here.

There are also many sub forums like this one below on car car and detailing.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30


Good luck.

Last edited by gueste46; 10-13-2012 at 05:35 AM.
gueste46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:52 AM   #5
DamoBMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 750
My Ride: '02 325Ci M-Sport
^ Just continuing from your advice about searching...

I always use this to search for something on e46fanatics, I think it works better:
https://www.google.com/search?btnG=1...46fanatics.com

Just change TEST to whatever you want to search for.
__________________
'02 BMW 325Ci 5MT M-Sport Individual Stratus Grey
DamoBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:01 AM   #6
shannon1
Registered User
 
shannon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,635
My Ride: 2001, 318i
Welcome
__________________
Shannon.

shannon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:15 AM   #7
Sherweeeny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,535
My Ride: BMW Civic
Welcome, however I struggled greatly attempting to comprehend the cohesion of your sentence structure and

Please talk a little simpler!

Ps car is hot!
__________________
Sherweeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #8
DesiredM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 519
My Ride: E46 M3
Welcome to the forum, car looks good.

My one piece of advice is dont go trying to be a racer boy in the car because 1. Unfortunately that car isn't really that quick. 2. It's dangerous 3. Enjoy the car and be sensible.

Make sure the car is fully maintained before you spend money on mods and just have fun with it.
DesiredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #9
e46jki44
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: hickory
Posts: 117
My Ride: e46 325i sedan
In case you didn't know you have a zhp 330. It has slightly more power and is a little more rare than the average 330.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Bimmer App
e46jki44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #10
DesiredM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 519
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46jki44 View Post
In case you didn't know you have a zhp 330. It has slightly more power and is a little more rare than the average 330.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Bimmer App
there are no ZHPs in Australia. It's just a regular 330Ci with the M sports pack (mtech 2 body, m sport suspension a a few M bits). Power wise it's no different than a regular 330Ci. Still a 0-100 time of around 7.5 seconds for the auto so not quick at all.
DesiredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #11
e46jki44
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: hickory
Posts: 117
My Ride: e46 325i sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiredM View Post
there are no ZHPs in Australia. It's just a regular 330Ci with the M sports pack (mtech 2 body, m sport suspension a a few M bits). Power wise it's no different than a regular 330Ci. Still a 0-100 time of around 7.5 seconds for the auto so not quick at all.
Sorry for the misinformation. I didn't realize they didn't have zhps in Australia.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Bimmer App
e46jki44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:10 AM   #12
mario-g
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 80
My Ride: 323ci
Car looks mad bro, youve done alright for yourself

Not too sure about the convertible issues but for general maintenance im sure youll meet dmax sooner or later.
Heaps of threads on replacing you cooling and bushings, if you spend enough time around here youll end up getting sick of hearing about them!

Keep it clean with mods, its a BM not a honda
Stay safe, not sure if youre a P plater as well but us kids gotta look out for eachother
mario-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #13
omroalansari
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 28
My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
Hello. Welcome. I strongly suggest you try the advanced search option. Every one of your questions has been addressed, probably dozens of times. Type in your key words and you will be amazed at the volume of information you may get.

For example type in "convertible roof" select "search titles only" Try different combination of key words and get further results.

This way you are tapping in to thousands of people rather than the few here.

There are also many sub forums like this one below on car car and detailing.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30


Good luck.

thank you I will detail search there!




Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoBMW View Post
^ Just continuing from your advice about searching...

I always use this to search for something on e46fanatics, I think it works better:
https://www.google.com/search?btnG=1...46fanatics.com

Just change TEST to whatever you want to search for.

appreciate that!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherweeeny View Post
Welcome, however I struggled greatly attempting to comprehend the cohesion of your sentence structure and

Please talk a little simpler!

Ps car is hot!

haha sorry about that, I thought this was a rather formal context. Next time I'll be a little clearer. Thanks for the compliment




Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiredM View Post
Welcome to the forum, car looks good.

My one piece of advice is dont go trying to be a racer boy in the car because 1. Unfortunately that car isn't really that quick. 2. It's dangerous 3. Enjoy the car and be sensible.

Make sure the car is fully maintained before you spend money on mods and just have fun with it.

not quick? That's disappointing. I kid. I don't like to speed but I like to get to the speed limit quickly. It is fully maintained at the moment, just curios as to what sort of modifications are suggested by you good people.




Quote:
Originally Posted by e46jki44 View Post
Sorry for the misinformation. I didn't realize they didn't have zhps in Australia.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Bimmer App
That's fine, of course it would have been nice with the greater power however the looks of greater power (M) is still great. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App
omroalansari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #14
omroalansari
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 28
My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario-g View Post
Car looks mad bro, youve done alright for yourself

Not too sure about the convertible issues but for general maintenance im sure youll meet dmax sooner or later.
Heaps of threads on replacing you cooling and bushings, if you spend enough time around here youll end up getting sick of hearing about them!

Keep it clean with mods, its a BM not a honda
Stay safe, not sure if youre a P plater as well but us kids gotta look out for eachother
Thanks bro.
Dmax, I'm not familiar? It will help with general maintenance of the roof?
Yeah I should spend a lot of time on her scrolling.
I'll be a p plater in 2 months. Just looking for as much information before I hit the roads (distracting me from year12 exams). Oh well haha... thanks a lot man!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App
omroalansari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:32 AM   #15
DesiredM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 519
My Ride: E46 M3
Yeah mate not to quick compared to today's standard. A Toyota Aurion Sport for example would beat you 0-100 so don't go racing or expecting to wipe anyone around you. I had a 330Ci Clubsport and I remember going to a drag meet for fun at a track day and lost quite convincingly to a supercharged Mitsubishi colt...very embarrassing.

Any mods to increase power are expensive and are not legal for p platers (supercharge or turbo it).
DesiredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #16
omroalansari
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 28
My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiredM View Post
Yeah mate not to quick compared to today's standard. A Toyota Aurion Sport for example would beat you 0-100 so don't go racing or expecting to wipe anyone around you. I had a 330Ci Clubsport and I remember going to a drag meet for fun at a track day and lost quite convincingly to a supercharged Mitsubishi colt...very embarrassing.

Any mods to increase power are expensive and are not legal for p platers (supercharge or turbo it).
Interesting, thanks for sharing. A little disappointed I must say but my mum will be happy that I won't be getting involved in races. I would never consider power mods for the reason you mentioned however I've just been reading about the many mods people are doing on here and was intrigued.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App
omroalansari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #17
Fern2899
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 227
My Ride: 2003 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to Fern2899
I think you should get a bomex fiberglass front end, some underbody glow, a wings west double decker spoiler, those cutout rear diffusers for your rear bumper, and a flame decal of some sort for the side of the car.. Oh and almost forgot folgers makes a great exhaust!!! (They're on sale at the moment)

Just kidding, if you rice that car out I will personally fly to Melbourne, steal your car and take it to the closest trash compactor!!!

Or not...... cause that flight is probably way expensive and like 16hrs.. But you get my point

Haha I'm kidding, welcome to e46fanatics, keep it clean, original and most important maintained!!!

Good Luck!!
__________________
Fern2899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #18
omroalansari
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 28
My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern2899 View Post
I think you should get a bomex fiberglass front end, some underbody glow, a wings west double decker spoiler, those cutout rear diffusers for your rear bumper, and a flame decal of some sort for the side of the car.. Oh and almost forgot folgers makes a great exhaust!!! (They're on sale at the moment)

Just kidding, if you rice that car out I will personally fly to Melbourne, steal your car and take it to the closest trash compactor!!!

Or not...... cause that flight is probably way expensive and like 16hrs.. But you get my point

Haha I'm kidding, welcome to e46fanatics, keep it clean, original and most important maintained!!!

Good Luck!!
Charisma. Thank you!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App
omroalansari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #19
Chewy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 2,749
My Ride: '03 LSB M3 Vert SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by omroalansari View Post
Interesting, thanks for sharing. A little disappointed I must say but my mum will be happy that I won't be getting involved in races. I would never consider power mods for the reason you mentioned however I've just been reading about the many mods people are doing on here and was intrigued.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App
Haha We'll see, not saying you would power mod a 330 but will def eventually want something quicker. It never stops!

Anyway glad you made your way here and as i said come to a few meets.

Also where you from east or west?
__________________
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #20
omroalansari
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 28
My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Haha We'll see, not saying you would power mod a 330 but will def eventually want something quicker. It never stops!

Anyway glad you made your way here and as i said come to a few meets.

Also where you from east or west?
I would love to when I get my P plates. I live in the east, the Doncaster area. How about you? And where abouts do the meets usually take place

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App
omroalansari is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use