E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2016, 06:12 PM   #1
nateo

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Passenger door won't open

So pass door has never unlocked since I've owned this car. keyfob doesn't unlock and button on console doesn't unlock. Previously I was able to open the door by using the inside handle. Now door won't open at all. Does anyone know how to fix?

Last edited by nateo; 06-27-2016 at 06:12 PM.
nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:41 AM   #2
Gabrielito88

My Ride: 2000 328ci
It looks that the actuator is double locked and cant be opened from the inside... Try pressing the fob key unlock button and then open with the door handle from the inside. If that doesn't work you should get some professional help. If you can open it, replace the actuator right away before it fails completely
Gabrielito88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:47 AM   #3
markusmarkus

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
The inner panel, aka "door card", will have to come off. It's a five minute job with door open, but a PITA with the door closed.
markusmarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:48 AM   #4
nateo

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielito88 View Post
It looks that the actuator is double locked and cant be opened from the inside... Try pressing the fob key unlock button and then open with the door handle from the inside. If that doesn't work you should get some professional help. If you can open it, replace the actuator right away before it fails completely
Darn, sounds like that's where I'm at now. What would they do I wonder, drill the lock? Or perhaps a locksmith can get it open?
nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:53 AM   #5
Gabrielito88

From my experience both handles are disbled when double locked. I had a faulty actuator and replaced it and played around with it a little and when double locked, both handles don't open
CHeck this thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1001764
Old 06-28-2016, 08:28 AM   #6
Gabrielito88

Maye if you can open the door panel with the door closed you can reach a wire and release the double lock. It would be a feel job but i think it can be done
Old 06-28-2016, 08:42 AM   #7
msp198

My Ride: e46 320d
if you cant get the door card off with the door closed, it may be worth taking it off of the other door, lowering the window, closing the door and seeing if you can do anything to force it to unlock with a slim jim or something similar. at least on the side that works you could see what you are doing and practice. may be a pathetic idea but it's something i would probably consider trying before spending serious money.
msp198 is offline   Reply With Quote