E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #61
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundown798 View Post
He wants the 330i ZHP for the 4 doors for his kids sake. There is alot of room in the back seats for kids in my 05 M3 as long as you don't put the seats back too far though.
The wheelbase and roof line of coupes, sedans, and m3's are exactly the same. The only advantage to a 4 door is entrance and egress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanga254 View Post
An M3 is faster and looks great yes, but the ZHP is a gorgeous car as well. The 4 door aspect is helpful with kids.

And one thing you can't forget, everything is 2x more expensive with the ///M.
He doesn't seem to care too much about the money, and to find he's going to have to pay M3 money for his perfect car.

I don't know his stance on modifications, but a very clean 330 with light, tasteful mods would probably be even more enjoyable than a overpriced zhp
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:28 AM   #62
sundown798

My Ride: 05 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy2108 View Post
the wheelbase and roof line of coupes, sedans, and m3's are exactly the same. The only advantage to a 4 door is entrance and egress.

He doesn't seem to care too much about the money, and to find he's going to have to pay m3 money for his perfect car.

I don't know his stance on modifications, but a very clean 330 with light, tasteful mods would probably be even more enjoyable than a overpriced zhp
+1
sundown798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:37 AM   #63
Russian172

My Ride: Flying brick,e39 b28
Are jew not entertained ???
Old 10-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #64
sundown798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian172 View Post
Are jew not entertained ???
What are you talking about??
Old 10-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #65
Russian172

My Ride: Flying brick,e39 b28
Quote:
What are you talking about??
What are Jew talking about ?
Nuqqa
Old 10-19-2012, 01:04 AM   #66
sundown798

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04yfz View Post
So you offer people $$ to look for cars online but you made someone else waste their own time and money to check out a car for you that you didn't intend on buying?
I doubt the guy would pay for his perfect car anyways LOL
Old 10-19-2012, 04:17 AM   #67
braves011

My Ride: 330i ZHP Imola
just an FYI I have a flight that leaves in 2 hours to possibly go pick up my ZHP. I cold called a few dealers throughout the nation after I wrecked my E31 and let them know what I was looking for and the finance manager of a dealer on the east coast actually just traded hers into her dealership so crossing my fingers everything on it checks out!
braves011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:45 AM   #68
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by braves011 View Post
just an FYI I have a flight that leaves in 2 hours to possibly go pick up my ZHP. I cold called a few dealers throughout the nation after I wrecked my E31 and let them know what I was looking for and the finance manager of a dealer on the east coast actually just traded hers into her dealership so crossing my fingers everything on it checks out!
Did you see pictures of the car?
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:51 AM   #69
braves011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Did you see pictures of the car?
indeed I did.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #70
Dathaeus

My Ride: 1997 328i+SportsPack
Quote:
Thanks but silver is completely out of the question don't want something that looks like a rental car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrunBimmer View Post
haha i know what you mean hate the color to ; just a guy in my area selling.
I found this interesting, maybe its a personality thing... most of you dont like silver for BMW's? I have a black 3-series and I am not sure I would get anything but a black or silver because they look classier and more appropriate for different settings... I would feel a bit out of place with red (even tho its actually my fav color), too bright/attention monger, but then again, maybe thats what some of you want? I just love psychology and I love cars so I am trying to learn a bit about what people like etc... I also heard cops tend to pull over bright colored/sporty cars more, so I figure with a red BMW, thats not doing me any favors out there.

Quote:
Congrats! (sorry, not trying to hijack!) This thread came up because I am searching for a ZHP myself starting last week. I cant afford an M3 and I love to drive so I wanted something with at least a SP util I found out about the ZHP and how gorgeous it is. I Just had a guy in Orlando try to scam me over email with a M-II from Canada labeled as a ZHP, which was really weird bec the VIN said Canada but its also a 6-speed, tach to 6700rpm, but the carfax doesnt show the performance upgrade.... anyways, my questions are

1. How did you find this gem you are going after, just plain online usual suspects?

2. Have you flown or gone out of your way to go buy a car before? I would just feel pretty lousy driving more than a couple of hours to buy a car because I feel like the success rate of the car being what the guy says it is might disappoint me, let alone buying an airplane ticket! At what point did u know that this was worth paying the extra money and time to go get it? And how far are u flying... maybe this will give me some insight on how I should change my approach to get the car I want, thanks!
Dathaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #71
sundown798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
I found this interesting, maybe its a personality thing... most of you dont like silver for BMW's? I have a black 3-series and I am not sure I would get anything but a black or silver because they look classier and more appropriate for different settings... I would feel a bit out of place with red (even tho its actually my fav color), too bright/attention monger, but then again, maybe thats what some of you want? I just love psychology and I love cars so I am trying to learn a bit about what people like etc... I also heard cops tend to pull over bright colored/sporty cars more, so I figure with a red BMW, thats not doing me any favors out there.

Congrats! (sorry, not trying to hijack!) This thread came up because I am searching for a ZHP myself starting last week. I cant afford an M3 and I love to drive so I wanted something with at least a SP util I found out about the ZHP and how gorgeous it is. I Just had a guy in Orlando try to scam me over email with a M-II from Canada labeled as a ZHP, which was really weird bec the VIN said Canada but its also a 6-speed, tach to 6700rpm, but the carfax doesnt show the performance upgrade.... anyways, my questions are

1. How did you find this gem you are going after, just plain online usual suspects?

2. Have you flown or gone out of your way to go buy a car before? I would just feel pretty lousy driving more than a couple of hours to buy a car because I feel like the success rate of the car being what the guy says it is might disappoint me, let alone buying an airplane ticket! At what point did u know that this was worth paying the extra money and time to go get it? And how far are u flying... maybe this will give me some insight on how I should change my approach to get the car I want, thanks!
Lots of pictures video, and audio to hear the sound of the engine. Pref a video of the guy driving it down the highway to hear any unwanted noises. Pictures under the car if he can put it on a lift. It always helps if you have a friend to take a look. Someone you can trust. Or call a mechanic and pay him to do a full inspection on the car too. Just went through this long distance process. Pretty stressful but the car was awesome. Bought my M3 in ft lauterdale and brought it back to Boston. So had a mini vacation too
Old 10-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #72
Dathaeus

Quote:
Lots of pictures video, and audio to hear the sound of the engine. Pref a video of the guy driving it down the highway to hear any unwanted noises. Pictures under the car if he can put it on a lift. It always helps if you have a friend to take a look. Someone you can trust. Or call a mechanic and pay him to do a full inspection on the car too. Just went through this long distance process. Pretty stressful but the car was awesome. Bought my M3 in ft lauterdale and brought it back to Boston. So had a mini vacation too
Wow the guy did ALL that for u??? Maybe I can always "hire" a guy from these forums who lives near the place to go take a look... one actually offered to do it for free (if he were in the area), some super nice people out there still!

LMAO, u r coming down to my area to get a car and I may need to go up there to get mine, wow, what a world... u in the city? I went to BU!
Tires: BBS 17" rims
Hankook Ventus V12
Front: 225/45ZR
Rear: 255/40ZR

Answerway.com
Old 10-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #73
sundown798

Quote:
Wow the guy did ALL that for u??? Maybe I can always "hire" a guy from these forums who lives near the place to go take a look... one actually offered to do it for free (if he were in the area), some super nice people out there still!

LMAO, u r coming down to my area to get a car and I may need to go up there to get mine, wow, what a world... u in the city? I went to BU!
Yes I wanted to make sure the car was in order before I made the 1200 mile trip to buy the car. But there is nothing like seeing it for yourself in person to make the final ok. It can be a gamble no doubt. Anything can go wrong. If the car has low miles maybe invest in a extended warranty but for M3 it's $$$.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #74
Dathaeus

Quote:
Yes I wanted to make sure the car was in order before I made the 1200 mile trip to buy the car. But there is nothing like seeing it for yourself in person to make the final ok. It can be a gamble no doubt. Anything can go wrong. If the car has low miles maybe invest in a extended warranty but for M3 it's $$$.
Honestly I never even considered driving more than 100 miles or so to buy a car... but now I know what I want and its rare, I guess its not so uncommon to go hundreds of miles... sigh... if only I could be satisfied with a Honda Accord, meh.....

Thanks for your input, it helps my future process no matter how annoying it'll have to be.
Hankook Ventus V12

Answerway.com
Old 10-20-2012, 04:03 AM   #75
braves011

Quote:

well first off I have many reason of hating silver, they look like rental cars or fleet vehicles (90% of all my rentals have been silver). And my wife had a silver Accord not only was I pulled more in that than any of the other red vehicles I've owned (trans-am, X-runner, 3 F150's) but countless times I had people change lanes on top me during the rain because i blended in and they couldn't see me.

Black is an awesome color just a PITA to keep clean makes every swirl, scratch and dirt spot stick out like a sore thumb.

as for my ZHP, I drove 4hrs to Baton Rougue last year when I bought my first 330i. This time I flew from Destin, FL to Raleigh, NC to get it. If you want something very particular (and I was) don't be scared to travel cause your prolly gonna have too. I hate seeing people buying a car in a color they don't want, with me if I'm dropping thousands of dollars its gonna be exactly what I want unless its a stupid good deal.

As for finding the car, I used to have a BMW 840ci after it got totalled i cold called a few dealers told them what I was looking for if they got in on trade or saw it at auction to call me. get pictures, pictures and more pictures. if you buy from a dealer try to get from a larger chain type dealership (i just bought mine from a Kia dealer) that has a service department because they're more strict about what goes on their lot than "ma's used cars" would be. crappy thing for you is your location you have a good 4-6hr just to get out of the state so finding one will be kinda difficult, also look for other members to help you out. I'm a long standing member of a truck forum and have a few buds that have checked out some rides for me and saved some coin.

if you have any other questions PM me.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:49 AM   #76
Dathaeus

Quote:
well first off I have many reason of hating silver, they look like rental cars or fleet vehicles (90% of all my rentals have been silver). And my wife had a silver Accord not only was I pulled more in that than any of the other red vehicles I've owned (trans-am, X-runner, 3 F150's) but countless times I had people change lanes on top me during the rain because i blended in and they couldn't see me.

Black is an awesome color just a PITA to keep clean makes every swirl, scratch and dirt spot stick out like a sore thumb.

as for my ZHP, I drove 4hrs to Baton Rougue last year when I bought my first 330i. This time I flew from Destin, FL to Raleigh, NC to get it. If you want something very particular (and I was) don't be scared to travel cause your prolly gonna have too. I hate seeing people buying a car in a color they don't want, with me if I'm dropping thousands of dollars its gonna be exactly what I want unless its a stupid good deal.

As for finding the car, I used to have a BMW 840ci after it got totalled i cold called a few dealers told them what I was looking for if they got in on trade or saw it at auction to call me. get pictures, pictures and more pictures. if you buy from a dealer try to get from a larger chain type dealership (i just bought mine from a Kia dealer) that has a service department because they're more strict about what goes on their lot than "ma's used cars" would be. crappy thing for you is your location you have a good 4-6hr just to get out of the state so finding one will be kinda difficult, also look for other members to help you out. I'm a long standing member of a truck forum and have a few buds that have checked out some rides for me and saved some coin.

if you have any other questions PM me.
Sweet, thanks for the info... I was actually thinking about calling some dealers in the area, but considering I am getting such an older model capped at about $10k, I thought it would be a waste of time for them, esp in my area, but I guess not? I guess worst they can say is get lost.

I guess I dont mind going to get a car, even in NYC or whatever... my fear is when I get there, something is amiss that wasnt apparent in the pics, his description, video, paper work, whatever... I mean, I just picture flying to NY or something, and then getting a PPI there, and something is amiss that makes the car worth $2000 less, and the seller goes, sorry, I can only take off max $500 for that... has that ever happened to anyone? I understand that is a pessimistic way to see it, but....

As stated in the other thread, I think I may have found a good one here, and it is about a 9 hr drive I think, and if they take a trade in, thats even sweeter, drive there, drive the new one back, simple. Any opinions on this, feel free to let me know... THANKS!

ZHP in Pensacola (Carfax also in there)

His responses to my questions, pretty good, unlike this weird one in Orlando:
Quote:
"The car is in great shape mechanically you can look at the carfax at eddiemercer.com and if you want to take it to your local mechanic you are more than welcome to as well the hood id fading but no big deal we can get that fixed in the deal we are a dealer.The only problem is that it doesnt have an owner

If you want you can call me and ill let you know everything if the email bothers you. Yes we take trade ins,what are you thinking about trading in?What other info are you needing ill get it all for you.

No problem besides the car fax im not sure ill ask my boss man what we have and i understand about the drive the only problem i know of is the hood fading i drove this car a few times it is a fantasic riding car
let me get some more info ill email u back

Yes it is the zhp i even looked up the zhp specs i will do all this [[[my request for video/audio and more photos]]] for you but thiers no interstate that will alow me to do 80 and i cant afford to get a ticket or lose my job because of a speeding ticket and if you get a guy that is willing to test drive it awsome if not i will take it to a shop but the fees are on you not us
You got a cell i can send the info too?"
I have yet to get the files but the last statement was at the end of the day today, so.... I feel good about this one.
Hankook Ventus V12

Answerway.com
Old 10-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #77
braves011

Quote:
Sweet, thanks for the info... I was actually thinking about calling some dealers in the area, but considering I am getting such an older model capped at about $10k, I thought it would be a waste of time for them, esp in my area, but I guess not? I guess worst they can say is get lost.

I guess I dont mind going to get a car, even in NYC or whatever... my fear is when I get there, something is amiss that wasnt apparent in the pics, his description, video, paper work, whatever... I mean, I just picture flying to NY or something, and then getting a PPI there, and something is amiss that makes the car worth $2000 less, and the seller goes, sorry, I can only take off max $500 for that... has that ever happened to anyone? I understand that is a pessimistic way to see it, but....

As stated in the other thread, I think I may have found a good one here, and it is about a 9 hr drive I think, and if they take a trade in, thats even sweeter, drive there, drive the new one back, simple. Any opinions on this, feel free to let me know... THANKS!

ZHP in Pensacola (Carfax also in there)

His responses to my questions, pretty good, unlike this weird one in Orlando:

I have yet to get the files but the last statement was at the end of the day today, so.... I feel good about this one.
ok I live in 35mi from Pcola and I've actually test drove that car STAY AWAY!!!! the camel interior looks pretty rough. the driver door panel isn't fastened completely and there we're a few other things. iot did have a chip and an exhaust on it but I honestly wouldn't pay over 5-7k for it.

I acutally bought my wife and X3 from Fields BMW in Lakeland last weekend and they were keeping an eye out for one for me. Luckily for you, you're not looking for Imola so finding one should be a bit easier.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #78
Dathaeus

Quote:
ok I live in 35mi from Pcola and I've actually test drove that car STAY AWAY!!!! the camel interior looks pretty rough. the driver door panel isn't fastened completely and there we're a few other things. iot did have a chip and an exhaust on it but I honestly wouldn't pay over 5-7k for it.

I acutally bought my wife and X3 from Fields BMW in Lakeland last weekend and they were keeping an eye out for one for me. Luckily for you, you're not looking for Imola so finding one should be a bit easier.
Are u friggin serious??? WOW, I never feel lucky but right now.......

No wonder he doesnt have the interior pics up... so he was going to lt me come all the way up there to find that out??? See what I mean about these guys, gezuz... if it werent for you, maybe the PPI would have told me the same thing, but thats just crappy and dickly.

He actually did send me a video of driving it with the view on the dash and also one on the engine. so I guess it sounds good and drives well but lots of other problems.... when I saw the 2 pics he sent me of the "interior" I was like, ummmmmmm....... ???????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PART_1350752950892.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	214.0 KB
ID:	474789   Click image for larger version

Name:	PART_1350755133757.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	474790  
Hankook Ventus V12

Answerway.com

Last edited by Dathaeus; 10-20-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #79
braves011

Quote:
Are u friggin serious??? WOW, I never feel lucky but right now.......

No wonder he doesnt have the interior pics up... so he was going to lt me come all the way up there to find that out??? See what I mean about these guys, gezuz... if it werent for you, maybe the PPI would have told me the same thing, but thats just crappy and dickly.

He actually did send me a video of driving it with the view on the dash and also one on the engine. so I guess it sounds good and drives well but lots of other problems.... when I saw the 2 pics he sent me of the "interior" I was like, ummmmmmm....... ???????

yeah I know there's another on craigslist up here that's gray but its auto.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #80
Dathaeus

Quote:
yeah I know there's another on craigslist up here that's gray but its auto.
LOL, auto? I'm not even going to respond to that!

Btw, can u do me a favor? Can you give me more specifics on what u didnt like about the car in Pensacola at Eddie Mercer? This as the guy's response:

Quote:
I was up front and honest with you i told you the hood was fading as far as interior it is in really good condition i have no reason to lie to you im not your typical salesman.But hey someone will love this rare zhp may not be you but someone who really appreciates these cars.

Thank you
Andrew Jackson
I just wanna see how far he will go to lie... or not... not only for just this, but this is part of my learning experience and I am a big fan of psychology, so I am just curious to learn more about this whole cat and mouse process with buying a ZHP from various places.

And you are 100% sure it was the same car?
Hankook Ventus V12

Answerway.com