E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Interior

Interior
Interior BMW parts. Pedals, trim, interior panels, seats, floor mats, shift knobs, e-brake handles, steering wheels, etc...

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 02:07 AM   #21
braymond141

My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlysyns View Post
FYI...

I hate to burst your bubble but your wheel is not OEM made from BMW. BMW alcantara tri-stitched steering have always been a 4 seam design. Your wheel is a one seam design at the 6 o'clock position. Also the thread used on the wheel is thinner than what BMW uses. Your wheel was re-wrapped by someone.
Not true.

Regardless this wheel is way overpriced (this is my opinion just based on the fact that the multi-function buttons are not needed for $280 more over the ZCP setup), would benefit from proper photos and not being used as a snot rag (3 o'clock position). Furthermore, this is not a "BMW Performance" catalog part.

Last edited by braymond141; 10-19-2012 at 02:16 AM.
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #22
deadlysyns

My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by braymond141 View Post
Not true.

Regardless this wheel is way overpriced (this is my opinion just based on the fact that the multi-function buttons are not needed for $280 more over the ZCP setup), would benefit from proper photos and not being used as a snot rag (3 o'clock position). Furthermore, this is not a "BMW Performance" catalog part.
that was the prototype CSL interior shot....alot of the interior bits from that car never made it to production.
deadlysyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #23
braymond141

Quote:
that was the prototype CSL interior shot....alot of the interior bits from that car never made it to production.
I'm aware of that, but that doesn't mean all stock is the same style. I know you know that parts are superseded all the time, style changes being apart of that.

The oddity of a tri-stitch wheel with multi-function buttons is enough. That's considering it is highly unlikely that a dealer would have a re-wrapped wheel. Judging by the condition of the trim/buttons, I'd say this thing was found after years and years of sitting around and being moved (scratches on the trim)... ie; old stock. That doesn't rule out the thought that someone did a panel trim swap on a ZCP wheel either and then shoved it on a shelf to hide that.

Additionally production ZHP wheels had just the middle lower seam. I feel it isn't so inconceivable that a tri-stitch multi-function wheel with one seam exists.

Having friends that work at the dealer and helping them sell parts... Dealers do not screw around with re-wrapping things. If this dealer has, that is a HUGE no-no and shame on them (part of me is guilty for assuming they hold to this standard that quality dealers do). A backside shot of the stitching might reveal more.

The dealer cost on this wheel (today) is $611 +/- depending on individual dealer costs. If that helps anyone negotiate on this wheel (still too high imo).

Last edited by braymond141; 10-19-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #24
deadlysyns

Quote:
Originally Posted by braymond141 View Post
I'm aware of that, but that doesn't mean all stock is the same style. I know you know that parts are superseded all the time, style changes being apart of that.

The oddity of a tri-stitch wheel with multi-function buttons is enough. That's considering it is highly unlikely that a dealer would have a re-wrapped wheel. Judging by the condition of the trim/buttons, I'd say this thing was found after years and years of sitting around and being moved (scratches on the trim)... ie; old stock. That doesn't rule out the thought that someone did a panel trim swap on a ZCP wheel either and then shoved it on a shelf to hide that.

Additionally production ZHP wheels had just the middle lower seam. I feel it isn't so inconceivable that a tri-stitch multi-function wheel with one seam exists.

Having friends that work at the dealer and helping them sell parts... Dealers do not screw around with re-wrapping things. If this dealer has, that is a HUGE no-no and shame on them (part of me is guilty for assuming they hold to this standard that quality dealers do). A backside shot of the stitching might reveal more.

The dealer cost on this wheel (today) is $611 +/- depending on individual dealer costs. If that helps anyone negotiate on this wheel (still too high imo).
what car is that from? I know the ZHP steering is one seam at 6'oclock position with black stitching. ZCP and ZHP models had alcantara steering wheels, what other models came with them?
Old 10-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #25
braymond141

Quote:
what car is that from? I know the ZHP steering is one seam at 6'oclock position with black stitching. ZCP and ZHP models had alcantara steering wheels, what other models came with them?
That's my E36 with a factory ZHP wheel. That's what I was showing.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #26
Bamsterman

My Ride: BMW
OK, here's what I know. This wheel has been here since I started at the dealership (almost 2 years), the past couple of months I've been selling items online that we've had for awhile. I've sold an E9X BMW Performance Steering Wheel, AA exhaust, E92 Carbon Fiber roof spoiler, E46 carbon fiber strut bar. This is was ordered along with BMW Performance wheels and the strut bar. I assumed it was a BMW Performance wheel, my mistake. This is not a re-wrapped wheel. The history of it from after it was ordered down to today, I don't know. I understand many can get a better deal elsewhere. I am only doing what I have been told by my manager to do. I cannot sell it below cost.
Bamsterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #27
Thotfulspot

My Ride: 2003 330Xi
Nothing wrong with a rewrapped wheel. I had one done by Coby Wheel. Just got back from a 5000 mile road trip and loved the wheel. The only problem is the cruise portion of the controls work fine, but the stereo controls won't work.
Thotfulspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #28
deadlysyns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamsterman View Post
OK, here's what I know. This wheel has been here since I started at the dealership (almost 2 years), the past couple of months I've been selling items online that we've had for awhile. I've sold an E9X BMW Performance Steering Wheel, AA exhaust, E92 Carbon Fiber roof spoiler, E46 carbon fiber strut bar. This is was ordered along with BMW Performance wheels and the strut bar. I assumed it was a BMW Performance wheel, my mistake. This is not a re-wrapped wheel. The history of it from after it was ordered down to today, I don't know. I understand many can get a better deal elsewhere. I am only doing what I have been told by my manager to do. I cannot sell it below cost.
can you take pictures of the back side at the 3, 6, 9 o'clock position? Also a close up of the tri-stitching would help determine if its been rewrapped or not.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #29
deadlysyns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thotfulspot View Post
Nothing wrong with a rewrapped wheel. I had one done by Coby Wheel. Just got back from a 5000 mile road trip and loved the wheel. The only problem is the cruise portion of the controls work fine, but the stereo controls won't work.
you should check the connection and see if the plug is plugged in all the way.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #30
Thotfulspot

My Ride: 2003 330Xi
I've checked that. I'm going to have my car stereo guy check that a signal is being sent. If not I'll just swap the module for another.
Thotfulspot is offline   Reply With Quote