E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #81
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I work with a Muslim guy who has commented on how terrible things are in the ME, and how the actions of radicals embarrass him and people like him.

What more is he to do?
He could make a plea to his religious leaders. That would be a good start. Plead for them to be very vocal in condemning and condoning the extremists and those that support them. Put these high ranking clerics on an international stage demanding civility and publicly scorn those that feel rioting and murdering is the appropriate response to minor acts of disrespect.

I'm not saying these kinds of discussions within the musilim communities aren't already happening... if it is, it should be a lot more public.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.

Last edited by joeski3d; 10-03-2012 at 10:02 AM.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #82
pakman3

My Ride: piece
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...1&postcount=12
Old 10-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #83
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
He could make a plea to his religious leaders. That would be a good start. Plead for them to be very vocal in condemning and condoning the extremists and those that support them. Put these high ranking clerics on an international stage demanding civility and publicly scorn those that feel rioting and murdering is the appropriate response to minor acts of disrespect.

I'm not saying these kinds of discussions within the musilim communities aren't already happening... if it is, it should be a lot more public.
I would be willing to state that these conversations are already happening, but it doesn't make as good of a news story compared to a bunch of radicals blowing up cars.

There are articles all over the place, actually.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-reaction.html

http://www.voanews.com/content/musli...k/1506903.html

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #84
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
I believe he has his mind made up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #85
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:

Look, I can sympathize with the "what can I do" comments from passive muslims here in the states. But the fact of the matter remains that a large majority of those muslims in the middle eastern countries in question are NOT passive. Furthermore, the religious leaders associate and (if not) fear the extremists and, in turn, do little (if anything) to persuade them away from these actions. The inmates (violent) are running the show over there and the prison guards (religious leaders) are bribed to idly stand by... not by money but by fear.

When Christians bomb an abortion clinic, you don't see the majority of catholic priests standing around or sitting on their hands.. they will speak out in outrage and do everything possible to assist in the arrest of the individual responsible. The same is NOT being done in the middle east... and that's why it's NOT just an extremist sect.. it's a much larger problem.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #86
Wes

Muslims ruined Europe.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #87
evolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Look, I can sympathize with the "what can I do" comments from passive muslims here in the states. But the fact of the matter remains that a large majority of those muslims in the middle eastern countries in question are NOT passive. Furthermore, the religious leaders associate and (if not) fear the extremists and, in turn, do little (if anything) to persuade them away from these actions. The inmates (violent) are running the show over there and the prison guards (religious leaders) are bribed to idly stand by... not by money but by fear.
Yeah, just like the Pope during WWII with the Nazi's.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 10-03-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #88
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Yeah, just like the Pope during WWII with the Nazi's.
Does one evil justify another? Ridiculous justification...

You won't find me defending the crusades either.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 10-03-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #89
evolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Does one evil justify another? Ridiculous justification...

You won't find me defending the crusades either.
No, it doesn't. Every religion has their ridiculous bullshit.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past

E46Sig
Old 10-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #90
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Yes.. but we can't use that as a defense for the current evils.

That would be like standing around claiming you can't frown upon mexicans for enslaving the Portuguese because it once happened elsewhere in the world...

Old 10-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #91
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
While you are technically correct, it would be dishonest if you actually believed the "bullsh!t" is on the same level. I don't know of other religions that blow up buildings, buses, train stations, kill ambassadors, etc.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #92
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
While you are technically correct, it would be dishonest if you actually believed the "bullsh!t" is on the same level. I don't know of other religions that blow up buildings, buses, train stations, kill ambassadors, etc.
I don't know any religions that blow up buildings, busses, etc either.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #93
Wes

Quote:
Give me a break. Muslims may be troublemakers now, but all religions have blood on their hands.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #94
joeski3d

Quote:
I would be willing to state that these conversations are already happening, but it doesn't make as good of a news story compared to a bunch of radicals blowing up cars.

There are articles all over the place, actually.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-reaction.html

http://www.voanews.com/content/musli...k/1506903.html
Both of those examples, while certainly positive, are from American muslim leaders... who's voice most likely weighs diddly squat on an extremist's religious outlook.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #95
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
I don't know any religions that blow up buildings, busses, etc either.
Is that right? For some reason, all the terrorists seem to do it in the name of Allah.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #96
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Quote:
Is that right? For some reason, all the terrorists seem to do it in the name of Allah.

I'm sure he would disagree.

But we get it. You hate us. All of us. You along with about 92% of the forum.

/iaintevenmad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #97
joeski3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface View Post

I'm sure he would disagree.

But we get it. You hate us. All of us. You along with about 92% of the forum.

/iaintevenmad
Right... this guy was a complete ass hole. And where is he now? Justice was served. Thank you for putting a face on my point.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #98
evolved

Quote:
Right... this guy was a complete ass hole. And where is he now? Justice was served. Thank you for putting a face on my point.
Did his religion put him in jail, or did the government?

My point is that the problem in the ME seems to be the asshat governments, not a religion that comprises nearly 1 in 4 individuals world wide.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past

E46Sig
Old 10-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #99
914kid

My Ride: many
Quote:
Because they are idiots who have no idea what they are doing. They are not even muslims, they take everything out of context and act upon that, they are wild barbarians with a very small IQ, they live in areas with no laws/rules.

Its clear to me that you think all muslims are the same and Islam is a religion of evil.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #100
joeski3d

Quote:
Did his religion put him in jail, or did the government?

My point is that the problem in the ME seems to be the asshat governments, not a religion that comprises nearly 1 in 4 individuals world wide.
The government did. But the point is, this man intentionally committed a heinous crime. He was hunted, caught, tried and dealt with.

Ballbusters Inc.