E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-23-2015, 12:20 AM   #1
e46m399

My Ride: E46 M3
Smile My first car!

So to start off I just want to say that this is my very first car and I'm not even old enough to drive it yet. :/

Before everyone says I'm spoiled and that mommy and daddy bought the car I'm just gonna say that that's not the case and I actually got a loan from my grandpa to buy the car which is going to be paid back. Bought the car off my dad's friend who happens to own an auto body shop so I know the car was well maintained through out it's 12 year life.

-89,000 miles
-03 e46 m3
-Stick

The color is matte battleship grey and matte black. When I first saw the car I thought that the color scheme was terrible but ever since I actually got the car it has started to grow on me haha. I wanna hear your guys opinions on the car. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front flash.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	591037   Click image for larger version

Name:	Back.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	591042  
e46m399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:06 AM   #2
farmdog

My Ride: Food Truck
Nice first car kid......when you wreck it, try not to kill yourself.
Slow down.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:17 AM   #3
e46m399

I knew someone was going to say it but honestly I know to respect the power the car has. I'm not like those other teens who try to show off and are throttle happy with no driving experience. I also plan to get a hoopty to drive daily cause I mean I'm sure an accident of some sort is bound to happen but my parents would buy that since I'm paying for the Bimmer
Old 02-23-2015, 07:31 AM   #4
Gatriel
Ami in Deutschland

My Ride: IS 250
Whats the plan with the hood and trunk lid?
Gatriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:49 AM   #5
rcsummers

My Ride: M3
Lucky!!

I wish I could've had the M3 as my first car, but I probably would have wrapped it around a tree.

Be safe man.

Last edited by rcsummers; 02-23-2015 at 07:50 AM.
rcsummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:01 AM   #6
e46m399

Once I get my money back up I plan on buying a carbon fiber csl trunk and carbon fiber oem hood. May also wrap the car which I plan to do myself and some more experienced people. I don't care if it doesn't come out perfect the first time I'm willing to spend the money, time, and learn how to perfect wrapping a car. I'm thinking some hre wheels are on their way soon too. Thank you guys
Old 02-23-2015, 11:24 AM   #7
jllphan

My Ride: is getting there
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
Congrats, heck of a first car. Enjoy it, care for it and be safe.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:30 PM   #8
alexs.lens

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i
Score on the first car, man!
It is VERY easy to hurt yourself in that, so stay chill.
Keep us posted on Mods/maintenance!!
alexs.lens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:55 PM   #9
e46addictseba

My Ride: 2002 325ci
Nice! Drive safe and mod tastefully!
e46addictseba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:10 PM   #10
MyNewRag

My Ride: 05 ///M Convertible
Nice, congrats...and notice the theme here....Be careful...be safe!!!!
We don't want you to hurt the car...oops...I mean...we don't want you to get hurt...hehe...

///M
Old 02-26-2015, 10:11 AM   #11
Ojai330i

My Ride: 330i Slick Top & X5
Killer first can and nice work buying a stick! Too many new drivers will never learn how to drive a manual.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:22 AM   #12
Riverbmr3

My Ride: slow 3
how much do you need to pay your grandpa if i may ask?
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:08 PM   #13
XKR

My Ride: 2001 M3 Convertible
I can't take these posts anymore. I highly doubt you are being charged interest and if you default on a "payment", you will have no consequences. Why not actually learn to drive first? Plus it would be more fun to work your way up the ladder and not skip to the top. I had an 88' 300zx before my M and the transformation was amazing and so rewarding. Do you really think that an insurance company is going to insure a kid's sports car? This is kind of like when someone gets their first motorcycle license/permit and they immediately buy a liter bike. I'm not trying to be mean but seriously, I'm speaking from experience. People make mistakes, that's how they learn and this is so true when learning how to drive.

Take baby steps

SGT catless headers

Full BW 3.5" Resonated Race Exhaust w/ diffuser

Epic Motorsports Race Tune

Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
Sebion CF hood | CF Kidneys | ‹mnitiza Predator Orion V4 | Painted Reflectors | BAC Filter | BW Intake Elbow
XKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:13 PM   #14
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Keep up on the maintenance and pay off your grandpa before thinking of modding....that's my recommendation. Then try to do mods that will keep your car looking clean. I'm not a fan of how your car looks right now but there's potential. Good luck!
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL Interior Door Panels l OEM CSL Bootlid l CSL Center Console | Nav s/w v32 | LCM s/w 4.5 One-Touch Triple Blink | OEM Black Interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Strut Bar/SSK/Cross-Drilled Rotors l Gruppe M CAI l BMW iPod/Sirius Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l 365Autosports One piece 1x1 cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 02-26-2015 at 01:16 PM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:03 PM   #15
SoCaLe39

My Ride: 06 M5 & 03 325i
Nothing like jumping straight into debt on your first car let alone one that requires a good deal of maintenance.

#responsiblefinancialdecisions :p
Old 02-26-2015, 03:40 PM   #16
jllphan

My Ride: is getting there
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKR View Post
I can't take these posts anymore. I highly doubt you are being charged interest and if you default on a "payment", you will have no consequences. Why not actually learn to drive first? Plus it would be more fun to work your way up the ladder and not skip to the top. I had an 88' 300zx before my M and the transformation was amazing and so rewarding. Do you really think that an insurance company is going to insure a kid's sports car? This is kind of like when someone gets their first motorcycle license/permit and they immediately buy a liter bike. I'm not trying to be mean but seriously, I'm speaking from experience. People make mistakes, that's how they learn and this is so true when learning how to drive.

Take baby steps
Me neither. This thread gives credence to the notion that BMW owners are jerks...

The kid's lucky w/ a grandparent that spoils him. So what? He's super proud of his first new car, joins a forum to become a part of the e46 owners community and a good chunk of the posts in his first thread are filled with negativity.

Not to single you out XKR, you were fairly constructive in your comments, just happened to be the last one I could read w/ out asking everyone to be a bit less on the hatorade and a bit more supportive of a new BMW enthusiast -- and w/ an e46 M3 as a first car -- there's a good chance he'll be a BMW nut forever.

Besides, it's not like he's rockin' a 458 --it's a ten year old 3 series. I didn't even have a car until I was 17 and it was a hand me down from my sister and i couldn't be happier for the newb.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:49 PM   #17
BMWjunkie77

My Ride: 2002 ///M3
Wow talk about a nice first car, my first car was my dads old 94 Bonneville with 180k miles on it. I'm not going to say your spoiled, but it looks that way to be honest. Best thing you can do is pay off your grandfather first and foremost, which if your not old enough to drive you probably have a minimum wage job at best, so it will probably take you close to a decade to pay him back. I personally think your going to have insurance thats through the roof, and I don't think this is a good first car, but only will time will tell if you wreck it or not. Good luck with everything, I wish I could say I had an M at that age, probably would have got me more girls then the Bonneville.

Last edited by BMWjunkie77; 02-26-2015 at 03:53 PM.
BMWjunkie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:52 PM   #18
Gatriel
Ami in Deutschland

My Ride: IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWjunkie77 View Post
Wow talk about a nice first car, my first car was my dads old 94 Bonneville with 180k miles on it. I'm not going to say your spoiled, but it looks that way to be honest. Best thing you can do is pay off your grandfather first and foremost, which if your not old enough to drive you probably have a minimum wage job at best, so it will probably take you close to a decade to do so to pay him back. I personally think your going to have insurance thats through the roof, and I don't think this is a good first car, but only will time will tell if you wreck it or not. Good luck with everything, I wish I could say I had an M at that age, probably would have got me more girls then the Bonneville.
If I had an M at 16 I would have;

1) gone bankrupt a long time ago
2) be dead
Gatriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:35 PM   #19
XKR

My Ride: 2001 M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jllphan View Post
Me neither. This thread gives credence to the notion that BMW owners are jerks...

The kid's lucky w/ a grandparent that spoils him. So what? He's super proud of his first new car, joins a forum to become a part of the e46 owners community and a good chunk of the posts in his first thread are filled with negativity.

Not to single you out XKR, you were fairly constructive in your comments, just happened to be the last one I could read w/ out asking everyone to be a bit less on the hatorade and a bit more supportive of a new BMW enthusiast -- and w/ an e46 M3 as a first car -- there's a good chance he'll be a BMW nut forever.

Besides, it's not like he's rockin' a 458 --it's a ten year old 3 series. I didn't even have a car until I was 17 and it was a hand me down from my sister and i couldn't be happier for the newb.
I would be proud as well but I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just trying to get my point across. A regular 3 series would make a GREAT first car. A motorsport 3 series is in a different league. If his parents could afford it then good for him. I'm just don't see the logic in it. I also can't figure out how a kid can afford to maintain a once $55,000-$60,000 car.

OP is making it seem like he's pulling all the ropes by him self but I will guarantee it the car is in his parents name and insured by them.

I bet he will be into bmws but still. From a financial standpoint, it's not smart and from a safety standpoint, it's dangerous. I don't care who is paying for what but since it's not my business but M3's can get out of hand pretty fast.

If I were his parent's I'd remove the DSC button so he can't turn it off hahaha

^that means no burnouts, drifting or powerslides

SGT catless headers

Full BW 3.5" Resonated Race Exhaust w/ diffuser

Epic Motorsports Race Tune

Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
Sebion CF hood | CF Kidneys | ‹mnitiza Predator Orion V4 | Painted Reflectors | BAC Filter | BW Intake Elbow
XKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:43 PM   #20
fckupayme

My Ride: Razor Scooter on 20s
i wish i was your older brother so i can get rid of all those stupid black details. Paint match everything... Stock signals and remove the tint on the LED tails + some ZCPs and thats a sick ride.

fckupayme is offline   Reply With Quote