E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
redtoesblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South OC
Posts: 15
My Ride: Lex
Exclamation Urget Help Needed - I love her

In a nutshell, seeing this girl for a month (short I know, but we moved fast), we've done everything together, she loves everything about me but she says she doesn't see a future with me. How can I get around this? I love this girl, and she has told me she loves me.

I know I sound like a rookie, but this scenario hasn't taken place before. I need help rather urgently as I will be seeing her soon and need some ideas on how to deal with this. I feel like she is the one deep down.
__________________
I have the best sig ever.
redtoesblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.
 
Solidjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 22,385
My Ride: 2002 330i
Why she said that she doesn't see a future with you?
__________________
WTB FACELIFT SEDAN TITANIUM SILVER DRIVERS FENDER

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
redtoesblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South OC
Posts: 15
My Ride: Lex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Why she said that she doesn't see a future with you?
Not 100% because I am not getting full grasp of the situation, this happened all of a sudden.

I believe parental pressure, as her parents basically said to her don't bring home a black guy or Muslim. I'm Muslim, she's catholic. Her parents have not met me or know that I am Muslim. They just know of me. Plus, I think she is scared she won't be able to live the life she wants with me cause I am Muslim. Which is untrue. I am totally chill. These bastards in the middle east aren't helping with the killing of the ambassador and all.

I don't know how to tell her that the life she wants to live will be possible with me and her happiness is more important to me than anything else.
__________________
I have the best sig ever.
redtoesblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
KaliVertBoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 272
My Ride: M3 Vert 6MT
Parental pressure? You guys must be young. Hopefully this is not a case of the girl only being interested in you to rebel against her parents. And you're not in love dude, you're infatuated. The first months of any relationships are always the best. Just give her her space and go hang out with your buddies.
__________________


Interior Pioneer avic z2--brushed aluminum vinyled trim--wind deflecter
Exterior Csl front bumper--Gold CSL reps--Macht Schnell spacers 18mmf/10mmr--Ebay trunk spoiler
Performance Macht Schnell intake elbow--K&N drop in--Manzo Headers (still in box lol)-- TCKline/Ground Control Coilovers
Lighting OEM LED taillight retrofit w/ amber vinyl--Chris Brown mod--3500k H7's--6000k morimoto D2s's--6000k ccfl angel eyes--LED's everywhere
KaliVertBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.
 
Solidjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 22,385
My Ride: 2002 330i
Just take it slow with her. Don't say things like you want to be with her forever, etc.
__________________
WTB FACELIFT SEDAN TITANIUM SILVER DRIVERS FENDER

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
redtoesblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South OC
Posts: 15
My Ride: Lex
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliVertBoy View Post
Parental pressure? You guys must be young. Hopefully this is not a case of the girl only being interested in you to rebel against her parents. And you're not in love dude, you're infatuated. The first months of any relationships are always the best. Just give her her space and go hang out with your buddies.
I've been looking for a girl like this since I broke up w/ my fiance of 6 years, 2 years ago. Been w/ several girls since then who were utterly garbage and she has been the first girl to check all the boxes of what I've been searching for.

We aren't young, but we both come from a culture to respect parents.

Here is the deal, she is in her late 20's been in a couple of really bad relationships. She is looking for a permanent one now. So she would be actively looking for someone else if things don't work out between us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Just take it slow with her. Don't say things like you want to be with her forever, etc.
She has said that she is pretty sure she won't change her mind, so I am unsure how to handle this. I told her we should move slow, but she says she doesn't want to drag it out.
__________________
I have the best sig ever.
redtoesblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.
 
Solidjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 22,385
My Ride: 2002 330i
How old are both of you if you don't mind me asking.
__________________
WTB FACELIFT SEDAN TITANIUM SILVER DRIVERS FENDER

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
redtoesblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South OC
Posts: 15
My Ride: Lex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
How old are both of you if you don't mind me asking.
I'm 32, she's 28
__________________
I have the best sig ever.
redtoesblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #9
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.
 
Solidjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 22,385
My Ride: 2002 330i
I don't see how the parents can be an equation in your relationship but I assume it's because you are in OC. Idk man, I'd have a sit down with her and ask if she wants to keep going or end it here. I know you might not want to do it but you're 32. I personally don't think you can afford to waste time if you get what I'm saying.
__________________
WTB FACELIFT SEDAN TITANIUM SILVER DRIVERS FENDER

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
redtoesblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South OC
Posts: 15
My Ride: Lex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
I don't see how the parents can be an equation in your relationship but I assume it's because you are in OC. Idk man, I'd have a sit down with her and ask if she wants to keep going or end it here. I know you might not want to do it but you're 32. I personally don't think you can afford to waste time if you get what I'm saying.
She stated that it's very hard on her and she wants to end it because she doesn't want to hurt me more.
__________________
I have the best sig ever.
redtoesblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #11
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.
 
Solidjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 22,385
My Ride: 2002 330i
Man, gotta tell you that the crap that goes on in womens minds is BAFFLING. Her saying that she doesn't want to hurt YOU is a lie.
__________________
WTB FACELIFT SEDAN TITANIUM SILVER DRIVERS FENDER

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #12
redtoesblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South OC
Posts: 15
My Ride: Lex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Man, gotta tell you that the crap that goes on in womens minds is BAFFLING. Her saying that she doesn't want to hurt YOU is a lie.
It's been 2 years since I told someone that I loved them. That is why this is so hard to deal with for me. I feel like she is making a grave mistake and she hasn't really understood that things can work out. Since things have already been working out.
__________________
I have the best sig ever.
redtoesblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #13
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.
 
Solidjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 22,385
My Ride: 2002 330i
What I would do is ignore what she said. Just keep hanging out with her normally, take her to new places, do fun stuff etc so she is happy again and slowly she will not want to let go
__________________
WTB FACELIFT SEDAN TITANIUM SILVER DRIVERS FENDER

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #14
redtoesblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South OC
Posts: 15
My Ride: Lex
Her words:
"in so many ways I would like to be. Honestly. I have a blast with you and think your truly amazing. But deep down I know it's not a right fit for me and for my future"

How the hell do I respond to something like that?
__________________
I have the best sig ever.
redtoesblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #15
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 373
My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtoesblue View Post
Her words:
"in so many ways I would like to be. Honestly. I have a blast with you and think your truly amazing. But deep down I know it's not a right fit for me and for my future"

How the hell do I respond to something like that?
Ask her why it's not a right fit.
__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #16
boostedisbetter
Registered User
 
boostedisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,615
My Ride: 03 S2000
Sounds like you have a fvck buddy. I'd let your emotions go and just have fun with it... It's only been 2 years, and if she's giving you the run-around now, she's obviously keeping her options open for a reason. If I were you I'd start seeing other people but continue beating the bottom out of it...
__________________
carsig

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 10-03-2012 at 11:19 AM.
boostedisbetter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #17
redtoesblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South OC
Posts: 15
My Ride: Lex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Ask her why it's not a right fit.
I believe she envisions her children to be brought up in a different way. I would like them to be knowledgeable in both areas. Plus she eats pork & drinks. Drinking doesn't bother me, but the pork does. It's not like it's impossible for me to get over that. But I don't prefer it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
Sounds like you have a fvck buddy. I'd let your emotions go and just have fun with it... It's only been 2 years, and if she's giving you the run-around now, she's obviously keeping her options open for a reason. If I were you I'd start seeing other people but continue beating the bottom out of it...
How do I let my emotions go in this situation? I love everything about her and we get along great.
__________________
I have the best sig ever.
redtoesblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #18
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
I need more details. Is she divorced, or have children? If not, she could have a major issue with settling down, and have an insane bar for men to reach. Have you already told her you love her? You could've spooked her by being too overbearing. Your gut knows it's over, hence the urgency for advice. If you want any chance at this, you need to pull out now. She's began to emotionally walk away, instead of trying to fix it like she expects, do the opposite. It'll make her rethink what she's doing. But honestly, sounds like that probably won't work and it's already too late.
__________________

Last edited by CollinsE90; 10-03-2012 at 11:36 AM.
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #19
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 373
My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtoesblue View Post
I believe she envisions her children to be brought up in a different way. I would like them to be knowledgeable in both areas. Plus she eats pork & drinks. Drinking doesn't bother me, but the pork does. It's not like it's impossible for me to get over that. But I don't prefer it.

.
IMO she is breaking it off now while it's early before some major feelings are caught. She just has a different lifestyle than you, sorry bro.
__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #20
redtoesblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South OC
Posts: 15
My Ride: Lex
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
I need more details. Is she divorced, or have children? If not, she could have a major issue with settling down, and have an insane bar for men to reach. Have you already told her you love her? You could've spooked her by being too overbearing. Your gut knows it's over, hence the urgency for advice. If you want any chance at this, you need to pull out now. She's began to emotionally walk away, instead of trying to fix it like she expects, do the opposite. It'll make her rethink what she's doing. But honestly, sounds like that probably won't work and it's already too late.
So I told her that I want to see her tomorrow and talk about what she has decided to do. Not divorced, had 2 pregnancies w/ each engagement, but miscarried. Guys treated her like crap. No insanely high requirements. I think I'm the first awesome guy she's met.

I told her I loved her the first time she brought up all this last week. She told me she loved me too.

I think you're right about my gut feeling, just don't know how to handle this. I have no one. I let all the other girls I was seeing die out, and I did not prospect for more girls while with her. I gave her all my attention.

I really miss seeing her & being with her. She told me last week that she needs time and 1 week to work things out in her mind. Tomorrow is the end of that time period.
__________________
I have the best sig ever.
redtoesblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use