E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-31-2015, 12:10 AM   #1
willgdwn

My Ride: 2000 e46 323it
My First Car

So two Octobers ago I told my family I wanted a Toyota 4runner. The next day my brother(Braymond141) and I picked up a 00' Fern Green on Beige e46 323it with a five speed steptronic. The previous owner let the back fees rack up because he was unable to get the car to run right. We fixed the car in an hour or so and started the drive home from Bakersfield, CA. Not too long into the drive the oil light comes on and we pull over and add oil until it was safe. Ten minutes later the light came back on and we pull over to add more. This time it was fine for about half an hour until we got to a Fresno O'reillys. The oil filter was so old it fell apart and plugged up all the oil passageways and starved the car of oil. We replaced it and went on our way. The engine was so sludged up it was just garbage. Later in the year we bought a wrecked 328i parts car and my rebuild began. Skipping time and progress here is my wagon today with an m52tub28 and 5spd, I wish I had taken before pics.
Semi finished product

Car came with broken halogens, retrofitted xenons

Missing trim and all

Needs spacers in the rear

My buddy working hard

Time for an mtech bumper!

m52tub28

Still needs some attention

ACS style three reps, can you spot the m3

Last edited by willgdwn; 06-30-2015 at 03:28 AM.
willgdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:22 AM   #2
modjo

My Ride: 330XI
Good start!
modjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:14 AM   #3
ny's finest

My Ride: 2003 Oxford Green M3
Nice, the Fern looks similar to Oxford.

Good luck OP!

2003 OG on Cinn /// M3
ny's finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:46 PM   #4
willgdwn

Thanks!

Thanks guys! I'm going to install my fog lights today and pull my seats for another carpet extraction. I'll be giving my interior a final detailing as well. It's been a long road but I'm hoping to have it registered in a week or two!
Old 05-31-2015, 10:11 PM   #5
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
nice project, wheels look good on the car, nice rare color
jwm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:56 PM   #6
willgdwn

I suppose its time to update my thread. Car is now smogged, registered and I've put on about 1200 miles. I had fuel gauge issues so I pulled both pump and sending unit to clean the contact points for the level sensor.

Cleaned and reinstalled

Also cleaned and repainted my fuel filter cover

Lately I've been having idle surging problems but only when its warmed up and coming to a stop. Certain instances it will even die out completely. If someone could provide some possible issues to look for that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:24 PM   #7
willgdwn

Thought my fuel gauge issue was fixed but running out of gas a 12 o'clock last night says otherwise
Old 06-26-2015, 01:24 PM   #8
Bimmer>All

My Ride: 2004 325ci
I love the stick shift wagon. Great color.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:27 PM   #9
alexs.lens

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i
Stick wagon, yes.
alexs.lens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:19 PM   #10
dylanj17

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer>All View Post
I love the stick shift wagon. Great color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexs.lens View Post
Stick wagon, yes.

it's steptronic guys

AFE Stage 1 CAI, Solo-Werks
dylanj17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:44 PM   #11
willgdwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanj17 View Post
it's steptronic guys
Did you even look at the attached images?
Old 06-29-2015, 08:16 PM   #12
dylanj17

Quote:
Originally Posted by willgdwn View Post
Did you even look at the attached images?
guess i didn't catch that picture, don't be too quick to jump on me though when you clearly stated in your first post that it was a 5spd steptronic

Old 06-29-2015, 08:23 PM   #13
willgdwn

Small update, Since my brothers m5 was totaled my moms car has been getting newer parts so that means I got a fairly worn two stage m5 wheel for a great price. I don't have an airbag or functioning buttons but the look and feel is worth the inconvenience.

Note the clutch pedal in the bottom left hand corner

Last edited by willgdwn; 06-29-2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:26 PM   #14
willgdwn

Looks like I left out the five speed swap. My bad
Old 06-29-2015, 10:36 PM   #15
dylanj17

Diggin your ride and the progress, I always have dreamed of owning a touring. wheels look rad!

Old 06-30-2015, 01:00 AM   #16
willgdwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanj17 View Post
Diggin your ride and the progress, I always have dreamed of owning a touring. wheels look rad!
Thanks! It definitely means a lot. My love for wagons started with the e39 chassis but somehow I ended up with an e46 and my best friend an e39 lol
Old 07-07-2015, 04:54 PM   #17
willgdwn

Well I've been working pretty hard to get my ac system functional. I was looking for my high side service port and noticed it wasn't anywhere to be found so I dug through my parts and found the correct line. Spent 15 minutes swapping it out. Does anyone know the amount of refrigerant our ac systems use? I have access to ac machines but I have no idea how much I should put in. I googled it and only found people using the oriellys refrigerant cans.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:03 PM   #18
indosoul

My Ride: 02 325ci Sport
Send a message via AIM to indosoul
Looks like a great baseline for what I imagine will become an amazing car. So jealous. Can't believe you found one in CA too. There really not that many floating around out here.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:15 PM   #19
willgdwn

Long time no update...

Well time for an update!
I purchased new tires, new rtabs, limiters and had the car aligned around my birthday in august. I went with sumitomo htr z lll's 235/40r18 squared. For about $110 a tire they have been pretty awesome!
Although sidewalls seem kind of soft they are really sticky even in rain. Next item I purchased was a brand new maf sensor. This was a must because my old one had started to fail and it took performance and fuel economy with it.
After that I continued with regular maintenance and drove the hell out of it.
October 2nd I was passenger riding with a buddy.
A deer jumped out and he panicked, swerved, and sent us up an embankment which lead to us flipping 3-4 times. I bit my lip half off and pulled ligaments in my neck + other soft tissue injuries along my spine.

After my face healed I got back to work on my wagon, Brand new 545i short shifter, 5sp Zhp knob, visor clips and interior trim color change.

This color is from duplicolor and their new plastidip type paint

A few nights later I decided to detail and clay bar...

My brother was moving out of his shop and we needed a way to tow is wrecked e39 m5 without any rear suspension, so we came up with a hitch and made it work!
He did all the cuts and I did all the welding.
For some reason I didn't take any good photos of the completed hitch but this will do I suppose.

A few of my welds...

Recently had to purchase a new key...

Also noticed I had been losing power again, so I did some diagnosing. My first thought was that my motor had finally started to show its age so I did a compression test.
At 260k miles my motors lowest reading was 180psi, Highest was 194. Most of the cylinders were closely grouped in terms of cylinder pressure.
Anyways after that dead end I changed plugs because Mine had looked pretty worn in..

That seemed to help but after more poking around in my engine bay my brother and I noticed that my disa valve had stopped flapping and was stuck in the neutral position.
I swapped it with one I had left over from my swap and it made a night and day difference!
Also somewhere in this messed I fixed my radio power button.

Pulled my radio apart and de-soldered the volume pot to find out that the rubber inside the button had degraded and fell apart so it was no longer acting as a spacer which meant I couldn't turn my radio on.
My solution was to take an old calculator apart and steal one of the rubber buttons to replace the old crapped out one. Surprisingly my radio now functions 100% perfect with no issues!
I think that's it for things that have been going on lately lol I changed my oil today and went for a drive after washing my car.
Fortunately every time I do anything with my car I take photos so I have a few to share with everyone. Enjoy I suppose

Slightly older photos..

Some car modeling

While not the most exciting thread ever I hope some will find it interesting! Slowly bringing my touring back to life.
The more exciting build will ensue in a year or so
Old 11-13-2015, 01:07 AM   #20
BBBoy323i

My Ride: 01' 325ci
Nice! Great first car
BBBoy323i is offline   Reply With Quote