E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #21
brian06

My Ride: 2003 zhp
that thing is diiiirrtttttyyy! very nice. just picked up an imola red as well, cant wait to get started
brian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #22
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian06 View Post
that thing is diiiirrtttttyyy! very nice. just picked up an imola red as well, cant wait to get started
Thanks!

If you have any question feel free to PM me I'll be happy to give you a hand with yours!
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #23
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW

siiiiiiiiick buddy. julian's soon!
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #24
cak323i
Modded ///Member

It seems that some E46 models built in 2003 have a 120-amp alternator more commonly associated with the Z4, making it rather difficult to find the relevant VR. If your alternator has the oval electrical connector/plug noted above on the rear of the alt., then you need the VR with Bosch part number F00MA45219. (The 2nd & 3rd being "digit zero," not "letter O.") That number is not easy to come by -- make a note of it if you have the relevant alternator.

I found this out after trying to order a new voltage regulator using the VIN from my ZHP which resulted in this part (note the rectangular socket on the voltage regulator)

After doing some more research, it became apparent that perhaps my Bosch alternator was for another type of car so I did some searching and found this link which seemed to answer my question concerning my dilemma...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=583423&page=6

When I looked at my alternator this is what it looked like.

The plug from my car (D-shaped not rectangular)

The BOSCH label on the alternator

The original Voltage Regulator on the alternator

Ordered the part using the p/n highlighted in red (above) and got this part (notice the original VG is p/n F00M 145 280. The new part is a replacement for this VR so no worries there!)

Going to swap out my failing VR tomorrow with a friend's help and all should be good until I replace my fuel pump as a preventive issue... With all this work I have put into my ZHP...my car is starting to get all sorted out from previous ownerships.....a relief on my part... Starting to get there!!!
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 10-28-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #25
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Just sourced these to refinish and put into my engine compartment....more carbon fiber bling for my driver

Old 10-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #26
PH03NIX46

My Ride: '03 M3
Great to hear that everything is flowing well together! Hope it continues.

I have a question for you, how satisfied are you with your illuminated shiftknob, and where did you buy it?

My M's shiftknob and shift boot are connected unfortunately...I may end up finding a separate boot and illuminated shift knob if I have to. ECST sells the shiftknob + boot (connected..) for about $130 iirc...we'll see...

Last edited by PH03NIX46; 10-30-2012 at 10:06 PM.
PH03NIX46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #27
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH03NIX46 View Post
Great to hear that everything is flowing well together! Hope it continues.

I have a question for you, how satisfied are you with your illuminated shiftknob, and where did you buy it?

My M's shiftknob and shift boot are connected unfortunately...I may end up finding a separate boot and illuminated shift knob if I have to. ECST sells the shiftknob + boot (connected..) for about $130 iirc...we'll see...
At the time I purchased it from LeatherZ I was quite pleased because this was the only game in town regarding lit ZHP shift knob. I initially got this for my ///M as I despised the "broom stick" shifter our ///M's came with. When I got my second lit ZHP shifter from deadlysyns (Cong) the LeatherZ shift knob wasn't anywhere as good...Here's the link Cong put out

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=424647

In fact, I'm planning to order one so when I have to replace my LeatherZ shift knob (which I eventually will have to due to wear on the leather) I will have a spare ready to go before prices jump on these....I'd get one while they are cheap...

As for the boot, take a look at Coby wheel at this link...they do an awesome job!

http://cobywheel.com/index.php/our-products/gear-shifts/gear-shift-boots

... and thanks for the complements on my ZHP build. I need to get back to doing my ///M for next season but want to finish my ZHP as it's my daily driver. If you have any other question feel free to PM me!
Old 11-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #28
cak323i
Modded ///Member

At 132,115 miles, I'm now getting to the replacement of my 2003 OE BMW battery with a NAPA equivelant

The install took less than 5 minutes and the battery vent from the OE battery transferred easily onto the new battery. Even the Positive terminal cap transferred over. Very easy swap and I know I have at least 5 more years of troublefree battery life as long as I don't do anything stupid...

I did run diagnostics after returning from work and checked my alternator. The alternator checked out and the diagnostic showed a cam sensor fault which was cleared. Yesterday after my interesting incident, I have not experienced any other issues. This morning's drive was uneventful and the car was like her old self again I will be looking for codes again after work just to make sure nothing else has come up...this evening's run with the diagnostic program (PA Soft) netted zero faults in my beloved ZHP...all is well!

Got these delivered today! More carbon fiber bling for the ZHP

Some of these pieces have slight cracking and will require work to refinish but then that's what a winter project is all about! Should look awesome when finished and installed in the engine bay!

Many thanks to Ben for this and the carbon fiber Performance strut bar!

Last edited by cak323i; 12-16-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #29
LoveBeingUseless

My Ride: 2003 325i Sedan
Very Nice work! You have great taste and definitly know what you are doing! Keep it up!

For more updates, Follow me on Instagram! @LoveBeingUseless
LoveBeingUseless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #30
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingUseless View Post
Very Nice work! You have great taste and definitly know what you are doing! Keep it up!
Thanks! You too have done some impressive work to your bimmer! Looking forward to seeing what else you are doing to it.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #31
cak323i
Modded ///Member

This weekend was awesome and I took advantage of the weather to do my "winter" detail for the ZHP....here's the result...

Old 11-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #32
cholo0327

My Ride: 01 ///M3 cab
Your car looks beautiful! I saw you driving on base the other day, I just got a hardtop for my convertible.
cholo0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #33
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Thanks I saw you on base as well and the hard top looked awesome on your ///M
Old 11-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #34
THECLEANERBEAMER

My Ride: 2002 325i
Can't wait to see the covers on your car!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #35
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLEANERBEAMER View Post
Can't wait to see the covers on your car!
I'm in the process of refinishing them. I noticed some cracks in the clear so I have to sand them down to the point where I'm very close to the carbon fiber w/o damaging it. Then I can refinish the covers and get a nice polish on them.

I plan to get these mounted in spring in time for the summer season.....should look awesome when finished!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #36
Schlag96
Slightly Modded ///Member

My Ride: 1999 323i
Let me know when you want to sell this baby. ^_^

I love this car.
Schlag96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #37
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlag96 View Post
Let me know when you want to sell this baby. ^_^

I love this car.
Thanks! I get offers all the time for my ZHP

Just picked up an Euro First Aid box that I will be installing in my ZHP over the weekend

Last edited by cak323i; 11-13-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #38
Schlag96
Slightly Modded ///Member

My Ride: 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
Thanks! I get offers all the time for my ZHP

Just picked up an Euro First Aid box that I will be installing in my ZHP over the weekend
Well at least let me babysit it during your next deployment. i'll make sure no carbon deposits build up!

Schlag96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #39
cak323i
Modded ///Member

I bet you would!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #40
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Looks like my next acquisition will be this from a friend...