E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #41
dknightd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 984
My Ride: 2002 330 cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLavelle View Post
Right now, I just fly to CA when I am feeling really bad, since I can access specialized medicine there that I can't get at home, unless I choose to use Independent Pharmacutical Distributers here in NC.
If I were in your shoes, I think I'd move.
dknightd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #42
dmax
Registered User
 
dmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 22,807
My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknightd View Post
If I were in your shoes, I think I'd move.
I'm hoping he gets some PMs with offers of help...I'm sure it's available in these parts.

BTW, I saw a post from Peyton recently here...either he's back okay...or he hadn't left yet.

Eager to hear he won the Autocross and didn't bend the car in half!
__________________


Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #43
peytonracer4
:D
 
peytonracer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 6,410
My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
I'm hoping he gets some PMs with offers of help...I'm sure it's available in these parts.

BTW, I saw a post from Peyton recently here...either he's back okay...or he hadn't left yet.

Eager to hear he won the Autocross and didn't bend the car in half!
Oh no the car is definitely bent in half. That's just my style.
So the day went good. It was cold as crap. I came in second today and tied for first for the season. Overall I'm happy with that.
The car seems to be ok but I haven't gotten under it yet and I won't for a while. I'll park it when I get home and schedule an appointment tomorrow to get the bolt extracted.
First place though. Woop! I'll post a video up later. Still gotta drive home. Lame
__________________
choose to click or forever hold your peace ;)
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #44
Russian172
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 1,167
My Ride: Flying brick,e39 b28
Have a Good trip home braaahhh
__________________
Russian172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #45
dknightd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 984
My Ride: 2002 330 cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
First place though. Woop! I'll post a video up later. Still gotta drive home. Lame
congrats!
dknightd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #46
peytonracer4
:D
 
peytonracer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 6,410
My Ride: '00 328i
__________________
choose to click or forever hold your peace ;)
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #47
dmax
Registered User
 
dmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 22,807
My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Nice vid! So, you get that bolt out?
__________________


Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #48
peytonracer4
:D
 
peytonracer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 6,410
My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Nice vid! So, you get that bolt out?
nope. still have to take it in. maybe i'll try to get a pic of it today so you guys actually know what i'm talking about but i haven't driven it since sunday.
here's another video from the day
__________________
choose to click or forever hold your peace ;)

Last edited by peytonracer4; 10-10-2012 at 04:21 PM.
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #49
Stinger9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,759
My Ride: '04 330Ci
Pretty cool vid. Had to watch that one in high def!
Kinda surprised to see that there aren't more turns to keep the speed down, and that a mechanical malfunction would have you off the road into cars or running thru fields in short order.

What are the mods on your car to make it faster at this?

Thanks for posting!
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #50
peytonracer4
:D
 
peytonracer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 6,410
My Ride: '00 328i
this course was actually pretty slow. it was more of a "handling" course rather than a "power" course.
the last two autocrosses i attended had more wide open areas as well as some tight areas. the fastest i got in that video was 49 according to what i can see on the speedometer. the last two courses i could touch redline in second if i was pushing. that's 60 mph.
the only "go fast" mods i have are h&r springs, koni adjustable yellows, and i'm running about 41 psi all around.
there's a lot you can do though. lighter wheels, roll bars, r compound tires, further lightening (racing seats, no carpets, etc...)
i'm running potenza re760's or something which are midrange street tires. they're ok for this. but my first autocross was running michelin pilot super sports. there's easily ten times better, but i can't justify thrashing tires that cost $1200
glad you like the video
__________________
choose to click or forever hold your peace ;)
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #51
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors
 
Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,548
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
this course was actually pretty slow. it was more of a "handling" course rather than a "power" course.
the last two autocrosses i attended had more wide open areas as well as some tight areas. the fastest i got in that video was 49 according to what i can see on the speedometer. the last two courses i could touch redline in second if i was pushing. that's 60 mph.
the only "go fast" mods i have are h&r springs, koni adjustable yellows, and i'm running about 41 psi all around.
there's a lot you can do though. lighter wheels, roll bars, r compound tires, further lightening (racing seats, no carpets, etc...)
i'm running potenza re760's or something which are midrange street tires. they're ok for this. but my first autocross was running michelin pilot super sports. there's easily ten times better, but i can't justify thrashing tires that cost $1200
glad you like the video
Nice video. Man if that's a handling course i wonder what mine was??? that looked really really simple compared to the one i did! I'm sure you've been on some more interesting courses. just saying this one looked really fast. next time i go, i'll do a video like this one. can you show a picture of your setup (camera setup)
__________________
A lifetime free of problems if you follow my guides
Cooling | Maintenance | Suspension | Vacuum | Supreme Reliability | Details

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #52
peytonracer4
:D
 
peytonracer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 6,410
My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Nice video. Man if that's a handling course i wonder what mine was??? that looked really really simple compared to the one i did! I'm sure you've been on some more interesting courses. just saying this one looked really fast. next time i go, i'll do a video like this one. can you show a picture of your setup (camera setup)
yeah it was an okay course. i'm going to try to upload a better course. we have two venues we go to in the season. the one shown is the smaller one.
unfortunately my favorite course was not videoed due to me forgetting my camera. but i'll at least show you a bigger course at the bigger venue.
the video i'll be putting up in a minute was one that i placed 1st in as well.
i'll take a pic of my camera setup in a minute. but it's essentially a gopro with the suction mount placed in various places on the car.

also by "looking really fast" do you mean short? it looks a LOT shorter in video. all of them do.
our courses typically run anywhere from 50-60 seconds for the c class cars.
__________________
choose to click or forever hold your peace ;)

Last edited by peytonracer4; 10-10-2012 at 05:18 PM.
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #53
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors
 
Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,548
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
yeah it was an okay course. i'm going to try to upload a better course. we have two venues we go to in the season. the one shown is the smaller one.
unfortunately my favorite course was not videoed due to me forgetting my camera. but i'll at least show you a bigger course at the bigger venue.
the video i'll be putting up in a minute was one that i placed 1st in as well.
i'll take a pic of my camera setup in a minute. but it's essentially a gopro with the suction mount placed in various places on the car.

also by "looking really fast" do you mean short? it looks a LOT shorter in video. all of them do.
our courses typically run anywhere from 50-60 seconds for the c class cars.
fast as in top of 3rd gear fast? didn't watch that closely but what gear did you get into?
__________________
A lifetime free of problems if you follow my guides
Cooling | Maintenance | Suspension | Vacuum | Supreme Reliability | Details

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #54
peytonracer4
:D
 
peytonracer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 6,410
My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
fast as in top of 3rd gear fast? didn't watch that closely but what gear did you get into?
fast as in 60 mph. top of second gear.

this course was a "fast" course. i placed 1st in c class and my time was 57.979
i recommend watching in 1080p it's way better.
__________________
choose to click or forever hold your peace ;)

Last edited by peytonracer4; 10-10-2012 at 05:29 PM.
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #55
peytonracer4
:D
 
peytonracer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 6,410
My Ride: '00 328i
Here's my camera placing. I really like using the sunroof because I can open it, press record, then close it again. No need to leave my seat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1349908292.838532.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	473339   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1349908303.172022.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	473340   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1349908317.106351.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	473341  
__________________
choose to click or forever hold your peace ;)
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #56
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors
 
Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,548
My Ride: M54B30
Ok i'll watch it when i get home in full size
__________________
A lifetime free of problems if you follow my guides
Cooling | Maintenance | Suspension | Vacuum | Supreme Reliability | Details

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #57
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors
 
Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,548
My Ride: M54B30
man that gopro looks fun. i think i'll need to get one. i have a 5D2 but no way i'm mounting that on my fender haha (or above my head for that matter)
__________________
A lifetime free of problems if you follow my guides
Cooling | Maintenance | Suspension | Vacuum | Supreme Reliability | Details

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #58
peytonracer4
:D
 
peytonracer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 6,410
My Ride: '00 328i
at about :57 in that video i'm going about 60 mph. or redline at 2nd gear in my 328
__________________
choose to click or forever hold your peace ;)
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #59
Stinger9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,759
My Ride: '04 330Ci
what size engine and hp is your 328?
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #60
peytonracer4
:D
 
peytonracer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 6,410
My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
what size engine and hp is your 328?
2.8 liter with like rated 193 bhp
other cars in my class are a few 330's as well as a zhp.
__________________
choose to click or forever hold your peace ;)

Last edited by peytonracer4; 10-10-2012 at 10:01 PM.
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use