E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #21
NumbaOneNewb

My Ride: 2003 330CI Silver
Reading my first post, I totally botched that one. Sounded like I'm in my first year of esl. What i meant was when I was doing my vcg, i only checked 1 spark plug it looked decent, no oil on it so I had assumed the rest should be fine. Now whether or not the rest were good I don't know, but later on when I decided to change them, having lived with stalling during hard braking and cornering for several months, that fixed my problem. Only 2 of them was covered in oil. Oddly if i resetted my adaptations, the car ran fine and didn't stall till later on in the day. It also helped for some time when I began to stall or I was idling and the rpm constantly surged up and down to have my ac on. Eventually nothing helped and i was almost ready to give up. In the 2 years I've owned this, the cel has only been off for a cumulative of maybe 3 months. Lol. I still love my baby.
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)
NumbaOneNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #22
threetwentyfizzle

My Ride: '00 323i
Update: replaced the exhaust cam position sensor with the updated design. Saw improvement that day, but now my car is back to stalling again.. it seems to be ok on a cold start up but if I go to a store or something and restart the car, the stalling starts to occur. Acceleration is piss again and seems like the car can't hold an idle coming out of gear, and I have to burn out to accelerate from a dead stop trying to prevent the car from stalling out

The car is holding a steady non fluctuating idle at a standstill tho. So not sure what's going on.

Sent from my HTC One X using Bimmer App
threetwentyfizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #23
jfoj

My Ride: '06 330CiC, '03 M5
Codes cleared? Any new ones?

Fuel pump failures - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=929501

Temp Info - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=964491

Hidden OBC Menu - Check Voltage, Temps, Fuel Level - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=239619

E46/E39 GM5 Door Lock Info - www.bmwgm5.com

Lower hose fan switch O-ring - BMW #13621743299
jfoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #24
NumbaOneNewb

My Ride: 2003 330CI Silver
Are you leaking oil from your valve cover
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)
NumbaOneNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #25
threetwentyfizzle

Haven't checked codes again, but no not leaking any oil anywhere. Motor has all new gaskets. I have vanos seals on order I'm thinking it could very well be vanos related at this point.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #26
twistatech

My Ride: 2001 325i
While your doing the vanos seals check those actuators and valves. Clean them with carb cleaner. If those actuators don't allow the vanos to work correctly it's not gonna matter about sensors and seals. Mine still has a slight bounce now and then which could be seals but the idling was improved 99%. And if you get that socket set its literally like a 15 min job.

You just unscrew both of them and take the valves out with your fingers. They will be left inside of the ports where you unscrew the actuators. Then clean them all up. Make sure everything moves freely and screw them back on. Give her a try
twistatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #27
threetwentyfizzle

Vanos seals and intake cam sensor getting done today finally! Hope it solves mt problem.