E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2015, 07:46 AM   #1
II KiiNGsLY II

My Ride: 2001 BMW M3 LSB
My LSB M3 Thread Picture Heavy

Hello all!

After purchasing this car and being on the thread for some time now, I have come to find that there are not many recent or up to date LSB threads. So I thought I would entertain the idea of creating one and keeping it going over time.

I intend on posting here weekly with pictures, mods, and fun moments. I also plan on creating some videos in the future of my M3, and my dad's 2000 Z3.

I will take most of my photos with my iPhone 6 plus, but I will have professional photos taken with my friend in the future.

Before I bought the car I wanted to mod anything and everything, but once I actually had it I realized I enjoy more about the car, and have less of a mod bug than I thought. I do plan on making the theme of the car LSB and Black. I will be changing some things such as the wheels to CSL Styles, some carbon fiber accents and adding angel eyes. I will not touch the suspension, as the ride height stock is fine IMO. Along with other little things here and there.

I am going to keep this thread in chronological order, so here we go!

Here is the car before we bought her

After the paperwork was done it was time to go home!

Home with my dad's 2000 Z3 2.8 Coupe

The hood and trunk emblems came with the carbon fiber, I like it

I never liked the dove grey interior, so I will dye the interior to LSB seats and black accents

After a good clean of the car we took it to Bentley High Point (my dad is the sales person), where a BMW enthusiast and mechanic (Josh) works to get an Inspection II done, we also replaced the clutch, VANOS bolts, and did a valve adjustment. it took about a week and 36 hours of labor.

Here is the engine open

Also throughout the service I decided to start a little mod by painting my exhaust tips black.

Before:

After:

We also replaced some small parts

New OEM knob

Windshield Cowl

Wheel caps

I also made myself a go pro mount for the car. I machined a piece of aluminum and here is the result

Just some more pics

My friend parked next to me at school

Thanks for looking more to come!

Last edited by II KiiNGsLY II; 03-26-2015 at 07:48 AM.
II KiiNGsLY II is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:07 PM   #2
blazedxjan

My Ride: 01 325ci
any plans on scrapping this around on the ground?

Shout Out cowmoo

RIP Edgar F. Glavez 4/19/89-10/19/2014

blazedxjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 05:52 AM   #3
II KiiNGsLY II

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazedxjan View Post
any plans on scrapping this around on the ground?
I am not sure what you mean. If you mean stancing it, then no.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:26 AM   #4
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.

My Ride: '02 330i 6MT
Not bad.

My opinion is just a bit too many pics showing the same things/angles of the car making it very repetitive. Also like for the fender m badge you showed the worn out one, should have just posted it and have a pic of the new badge after it. Just saying

Anways, did you look into the ZHP knob before buying the knob that you have now? I think the LSB interior might be a bit too much.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:20 AM   #5
II KiiNGsLY II

Thanks for the insight. I like the badges on the car as they are. It just shows some age to the car, and that's fine, it's 14 years old. As for the zhp knob, I just wanted to keep the same knob as before.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:42 AM   #6
/Stifmeister

My Ride: 330ci M-Sport
Just beautiful !
/Stifmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:45 AM   #7
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Congrats, looks nice
I like how you put new wheel caps, I did same and it really makes car look fresh again. I too suggest replacing the faded side grill emblems and the ///M stripes on the trunk. Here is what many M3 owners do for the M stripes. It may be a 14yr old car but that doesn't mean you have to allow it to look old
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=464924
Old 03-29-2015, 07:16 AM   #8
II KiiNGsLY II

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have just sold my Dynavin D99+ head unit and should receive my new N6 from J and t distributing later this week. So more pics to come with that install.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:16 AM   #9
II KiiNGsLY II

Just hit a mileage marker, 111,111.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:18 AM   #10
badboywinger

My Ride: E46 competition pack
Nice e46!

You should bag it !! you'll fall in love even more lol
Old 04-09-2015, 01:01 PM   #11
ChrisMT79
Here

My Ride: 2015 AW M3/5GT
I have not frequented these boards in quite some time. In regard to your feeling on modding this one, when you have something special, typically less is more
Once you get into the M world, unless you have a set power, or aesthetic look in mind, you would be hard fetched to match that of the engineering that goes in to making these gems what they are.
But I digress, looks good thus far.
ChrisMT79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:07 PM   #12
fckupayme

My Ride: Razor Scooter on 20s
This car looks a million bucks with simple OEM mods. Keep it clean and simple. A strong color like this doesn't need much.

Just OEM ZCPs and LED tails.

If it were me I'd go with the CSL look.
https://flic.kr/p/8oHMzS

Last edited by fckupayme; 04-09-2015 at 02:14 PM.
fckupayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:53 AM   #13
E46M3BMW

My Ride: E46
Good stuff. Hope you address the subframe (re-enforcement plates + foam), vanos pump disc (Beisan), RTABs (Powerflex or OEM + shims), diff bolts (updated), and a few other misc items if it you haven't already. You'll have a bulletproof M3 when you do.

Love the LSB!
E46M3BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:25 AM   #14
II KiiNGsLY II

This week I received my new Dynavin N6 from Jeff at JandTdistributing here on the forum. The install went well, and I am enjoying it. The car came with a Dynavin D99+, and the sound quality is noticeably better. Overall a great product, happy I bought it.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:58 PM   #15
wdeerfield

My Ride: 2009 E90, 2011 F10
car looks great and thanks for sharing with us. i would recommend painted reflectors though to clean up the front.

2009 MBM E90 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET28/25
2011 JB F10 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:45 PM   #16
II KiiNGsLY II

Time for a large picture update. My family went on a road trip through the Blue Ridge Parkway and down Skyline Drive this week. I have 200 pictures but will narrow it down to a few. We drove the LSB M3 and my dad's 2000 Z3 Coupe, and had a great time.

Tags
lsb, m3, pics