E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 01:32 AM   #501
b0bab0i

My Ride: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2d2 View Post
ok rumors are saying it takes up to 12 months to heal? is that true? goodbye next season.
Chauncey billups recovered from his Achilles tear in 8 months.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:37 AM   #502
Sensi09

My Ride: __
It's a sad day. Right after he hit a pair of threes too.

It's easy to point blame, but I don't think you can blame dantoni for a probable torn achilles. I'm surprised he didn't sit after that first two times he was hobbled, but Kobe did seem to move fine after that. You do have to wonder though if Kobe compensating for those injuries led to the achilles injury.

As far as minutes, well he has been playing too many minutes all year long. Those near 48 min games were due to that bone spur....his foot would tighten up if he sat for too long so he just stayed in. Those minutes were then compounded with Nash's injury as they needed a playmaker with pretty much all the games being must win.

In the end though, Kobe himself said the minutes were a necessity and those other injuries were unrelated to the achilles.

Last edited by Sensi09; 04-13-2013 at 01:38 AM.
Sensi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #503
:. RaFFi .:

My Ride: MBZ SL55 ///AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i View Post
Chauncey billups recovered from his Achilles tear in 8 months.
Yeah and how many healthy games has he played since. As much as I hate the lakers, I hope its a partial tear and he recovers soon.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:16 AM   #504
b0bab0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by :. RaFFi .: View Post
Yeah and how many healthy games has he played since. As much as I hate the lakers, I hope its a partial tear and he recovers soon.
He hasn't played because he's old and got other injuries, not from the Achilles.
He's had nagging groin and back injuries this season, nothing related to the Achilles.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:21 AM   #505
Sensi09

In a way I think the clips are better off without billups. Just not enough minutes to go around....and they go really small at the end end of games when he's out there....cp3, crawford, billups.

Not sure if I mentioned it here or on another forum, but maybe the lakers can snatch a few clippers for next year. Doesn't seem like a few of them are happy with minutes. Maybe someone like caron butler and odom if he's up to form.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:04 AM   #506
b0bab0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensi09 View Post
In a way I think the clips are better off without billups. Just not enough minutes to go around....and they go really small at the end end of games when he's out there....cp3, crawford, billups.

Not sure if I mentioned it here or on another forum, but maybe the lakers can snatch a few clippers for next year. Doesn't seem like a few of them are happy with minutes. Maybe someone like caron butler and odom if he's up to form.
Billups is a major upgrade over Willie Green. When Billups came back during the season, Green lost all his minutes.

Clippers play Cp3, Crawford, and Billups because it gives them more options in crunch time. Any of those 3 players can create for themselves and knock down clutch shots.

Caron Butler is signed till the end of next year 13/14 year. Why would Odom want to return to Lakers? He was the one that asked to be traded after finding out he was part of the veto'd CP3 trade.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:17 AM   #507
Sensi09

Times change and was just being optimistic about odom.

Willie green is just an afterthought. Bledsoe is the guy who stands to lose the most with billups coming back. Yeah the three give them options, but they unnecessarily go small with that lineup IMO.

Yes butler has another year, but I mention him because I doubt he's happy with his role on the team. Starting yet sitting in the 4th quarter for most part. They're deep, but I don't agree with the rotations for the most part. Then again not really a clippers fan, so don't watch the games too intently.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #508
b0bab0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensi09 View Post
Times change and was just being optimistic about odom.

Willie green is just an afterthought. Bledsoe is the guy who stands to lose the most with billups coming back. Yeah the three give them options, but they unnecessarily go small with that lineup IMO.

Yes butler has another year, but I mention him because I doubt he's happy with his role on the team. Starting yet sitting in the 4th quarter for most part. They're deep, but I don't agree with the rotations for the most part. Then again not really a clippers fan, so don't watch the games too intently.
Yeah, I'm a clippers fan and Vinny Del Negro is most likely gone after this season.
If CP3 resigns, Bledsoe will most likely be traded for other pieces.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #509
Evidence

My Ride: sold
Send a message via AIM to Evidence
This is so sad, I can't believe it.....what a messed up year.

can the lakers amnesty kobe and resign him at the vet minimum? I mean, 34MM for a 35 year old on a bad foot is not going to do us any good
Evidence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #510
r2d2

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence View Post
This is so sad, I can't believe it.....what a messed up year.

can the lakers amnesty kobe and resign him at the vet minimum? I mean, 34MM for a 35 year old on a bad foot is not going to do us any good
Yup the year of injuries.

I was reading that stuff earlier too, that would reduce their 80 million dollar luxury tax. How F'd up is that though? His facebook rant is pretty sad.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #511
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Trade Pau
Sign someone like Wall or Irving
Toss D'Antoni
Bring back Brian Shaw
Hire Kobe as coach
?????
Profit

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #512
r2d2

lol coach vino
Old 04-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #513
r2d2

This is such BS! All the training and sacrifice just flew out the window with one step that I've done millions of times! The frustration is unbearable. The anger is rage. Why the hell did this happen ?!? Makes no damn sense. Now I'm supposed to come back from this and be the same player Or better at 35?!? How in the world am I supposed to do that??

I have NO CLUE. Do I have the consistent will to overcome this thing? Maybe I should break out the rocking chair and reminisce on the career that was. Maybe this is how my book ends. Maybe Father Time has defeated me...Then again maybe not! It's 3:30am, my foot feels like dead weight, my head is spinning from the pain meds and I'm wide awake. Forgive my Venting but what's the purpose of social media if I won't bring it to you Real No Image?? Feels good to vent, let it out. To feel as if THIS is the WORST thing EVER! Because After ALL the venting, a real perspective sets in. There are far greater issues/challenges in the world then a torn achilles. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, find the silver lining and get to work with the same belief, same drive and same conviction as ever.

One day, the beginning of a new career journey will commence. Today is NOT that day.

"If you see me in a fight with a bear, prey for the bear". Ive always loved that quote. Thats "mamba mentality" we don't quit, we don't cower, we don't run. We endure and conquer.

I know it's a long post but I'm Facebook Venting LOL. Maybe now I can actually get some sleep and be excited for surgery tomorrow. First step of a new challenge.

Guess I will be Coach Vino the rest of this season. I have faith in my teammates. They will come thru.

Thank you for all your prayers and support. Much Love Always.

Mamba Out
Old 04-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #514
Dinan e36

My Ride: LEXUS IS350
Send a message via AIM to Dinan e36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=oIhRES3uW4w

Enjoy a kobe-less playoff.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #515
King of Chicago

My Ride: '09 & '12 Acura MDX
here is the silver lining...if it is going to be an 8-12 month recovery, then next year is shot. Keeping Kobe on roster would be an $80M cost to the Lakers because of luxury tax. They can now amnesty Kobe, who will go unsigned next year, to do a full one year recovery. He then signs a new contract next summer, to chase those last two rings. meanwhile, they resign Dwight, hopefully trade Nash or Pau for some young picks, and reload for Kobe to return in 2014. There are those who believe Lebron will sign as well, imagine Kobe coming back humbled to a team led by Lebron, with Dwight as well? could be epic...
King of Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #516
zuckuss00

My Ride: K24Z7
^ LeBron coming to LA...

lololololololol

UUC Motorwerks | Vörsteiner | JLeviSW | VMR | DTM-Spec | Euro Dyne | ModBargains | EAS

Last edited by zuckuss00; 04-13-2013 at 02:31 PM.
zuckuss00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #517
HyeWarrior

Personally, I can't see Lebron ever leaving Miami. I just don't think it's a possibility.

Lakers need youth right now. Irving, Wall, or maybe even Lillard in a couple years. Hell, Faried too would be a huge addition.

I just hope he plans to return for at least one more season.

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
Old 04-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #518
Evidence

My Ride: sold
Send a message via AIM to Evidence
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Chicago View Post
here is the silver lining...if it is going to be an 8-12 month recovery, then next year is shot. Keeping Kobe on roster would be an $80M cost to the Lakers because of luxury tax. They can now amnesty Kobe, who will go unsigned next year, to do a full one year recovery. He then signs a new contract next summer, to chase those last two rings. meanwhile, they resign Dwight, hopefully trade Nash or Pau for some young picks, and reload for Kobe to return in 2014. There are those who believe Lebron will sign as well, imagine Kobe coming back humbled to a team led by Lebron, with Dwight as well? could be epic...
exactly, it would be worse to keep kobe on, come back next year at the all star break and get bounced in the first round again.

Rehab for a year, get the team a huge amount of cash to rebuild, then jump back on and go out on top.

I mean, how many players can we get with his 34MM salary?
Evidence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #519
HyeWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence View Post
exactly, it would be worse to keep kobe on, come back next year at the all star break and get bounced in the first round again.

Rehab for a year, get the team a huge amount of cash to rebuild, then jump back on and go out on top.

I mean, how many players can we get with his 34MM salary?
At least two All-Star level players

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
Old 04-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #520
Dinan e36

My Ride: LEXUS IS350
Send a message via AIM to Dinan e36
Lol Lebron to LA? That's the most delusional thing I read all year.