E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #61
b0bab0i

My Ride: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2d2 View Post
well that guy on the Jazz got hot!

hmmmmm
Randy Foye, former clipper.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #62
TruckDaddy

My Ride: 1991 Kenworth T600
Calling it right now, Dwight Howard is leaving and signing with Brooklyn after this year.

I know they have a lot of new pieces and have to find the chemistry and all, but my god, they look BAD. The Heat were in the same boat when they got LeBron but they could at least fall back on playing shut down defense until they figured it out on offense. The Lakers won't be doing that any time soon.

Say what again. Say What AGAIN! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHAFCUKA! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enter
It's a social thing guys get over it. My mom said in Chinese culture the longer your hair down there is the higher class you are, and my mom is one of the classiest ladies i know.
TruckDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #63
TruckDaddy

Calling it right now, Dwight Howard is leaving and signing with Brooklyn after this year.

I know they have a lot of new pieces and have to find the chemistry and all, but my god, they look BAD. The Heat were in the same boat when they got LeBron but they could at least fall back on playing shut down defense until they figured it out on offense. The Lakers won't be doing that any time soon.

Say what again. Say What AGAIN! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHAFCUKA! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!
Quote:
It's a social thing guys get over it. My mom said in Chinese culture the longer your hair down there is the higher class you are, and my mom is one of the classiest ladies i know.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #64
a32axo

My Ride: 2004 bmw 330CI
Lakers need to fire brown and get areal coach! Bryan Scott should of been that person. Also, y is metta even taking shots the guy is horrible! He has to go, give the newcomers a chance!! When reserves are in run offense through Jamison! Simple as can be! Sit also sit gasol down at insert hill into starting line up. Lots of moves lakers can make, it's all about the players stepping up into new roles! Metta and gasol shouldn't start.
a32axo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #65
Bimmer_323

My Ride: The silver bullet
at least there better than Detroit
Bimmer_323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #66
r2d2

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_323 View Post
at least there better than Detroit
^lol good one!

I just hope Nash comes back soon.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #67
a32axo

My Ride: 2004 bmw 330CI
At least should of gave Brian shaw a chance!!!!
a32axo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #68
///M_AMAZIN

My Ride: 325Ci no more
Same record as the Raptors
///M_AMAZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #69
Evidence

My Ride: sold
Send a message via AIM to Evidence
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy View Post

Not happening....http://www.hoopsworld.com/brooklyn-nets-team-salary

86MM in guaranteed salary next year
73MM the year after
add 16 mill both years for dwight.....times the repeater luxury tax....they arent paying 30-60 million in TAX for dwight.....that team is staying as is for the next 3-4 years.

What kills me the most about all this is that the laker defense sucks, forget the Princeton, new team,etc.....isnt mike brown suppose to be a defense first coach....if he cant figure things out on D, what the hell are they paying him for.
Evidence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #70
Back2DTM

My Ride: AM V8V, NISSAN CUBE
Howard is not going anywhere for now but the Lakers has no future with Mike Brown. Jim gotta swallow his pride, pay Mike Brown, and let him go. Fix it now before it is too late.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #71
TruckDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence View Post
Not happening....http://www.hoopsworld.com/brooklyn-nets-team-salary

86MM in guaranteed salary next year
73MM the year after
add 16 mill both years for dwight.....times the repeater luxury tax....they arent paying 30-60 million in TAX for dwight.....that team is staying as is for the next 3-4 years.

What kills me the most about all this is that the laker defense sucks, forget the Princeton, new team,etc.....isnt mike brown suppose to be a defense first coach....if he cant figure things out on D, what the hell are they paying him for.
You're right. Completely forgot about Brook Lopez' extension and Joe Johnson's contract.

Quote:
Old 11-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #72
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2d2 View Post
^lol good one!

I just hope Nash comes back soon.
Nash isn't effective. Have you seen him when he played? It's like they don't have a spot for him to do what he does best. He had like 2 assists. and hardly any points.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:22 AM   #73
Evidence

My Ride: sold
Send a message via AIM to Evidence
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
Nash isn't effective. Have you seen him when he played? It's like they don't have a spot for him to do what he does best. He had like 2 assists. and hardly any points.
we bring in jerry sloan.....pick and roll alllllllllll day....john Stockton style
Evidence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:28 AM   #74
r2d2

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
nope, havent been able to watch him play yet because I have cox cable. Hoping to see something now that I get the channel now
Old 11-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #75
TruckDaddy

Well, it happened....
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...wn-source-says

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers coach Mike Brown has been fired after a 1-4 start to the season, a source tells ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne.

It is not known yet who will take over for him, but a source indicated that it will either be assistant coach Bernie Bickerstaff or Chuck Person on an interim basis.

Sources had said earlier Friday that his job would be in jeopardy if the team did not perform well on its upcoming six-game homestand.

The Lakers have had a healthy Steve Nash in the lineup for only 1 of their five games so far thanks to a leg injury, while fellow newcomer Dwight Howard has acknowledged that he's still recovering from the back surgery that brought a premature end to his 2011-12 campaign and knocked him out of the London Olympics. Kobe Bryant has also been playing through a foot ailment.
The Lakers are off to the worst start in the Western Conference despite carrying the league's largest payroll at just over $100 million, which would trigger an estimated luxury-tax bill at season's end of nearly $30 million.

The team has also been trying to institute a form of the Princeton offense, a system that relies on reads and ball sharing in order to take some offensive load off Bryant. The results have been mixed so far.
Truth is, no matter who was going to coach the team, it was going to fail. Mike Brown had to follow Phil Jackson and then handed Dwight and Nash. It was destined to fail.

Quote:
Old 11-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #76
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
YES!!

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...wn-source-says

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #77
guest1008
Banned User

My Ride: 08 Lexus ES350
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy View Post
Truth is, no matter who was going to coach the team, it was going to fail. Mike Brown had to follow Phil Jackson and then handed Dwight and Nash. It was destined to fail.
Not destined to fail. The Princeton was destined to fail. No one other than Phil Jackson has the juice to get enough slack for a team to learn a complicated system like that.

This is likely good news. Pick and roll is simple. They've got the personnel for it. That's what they should do as they work on learning to play with each other.
guest1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #78
DeM3n

My Ride: '88 M3, '05 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #79
r2d2

oh daaaaaaaaaaamn!! you guys were right!!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #80
E36Eric

My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
So I heard Phil Jackson is in town... And he once mentioned he'll contemplate on coaching the Lakers again if they signed Howard. Hmm..