E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #121
E36Eric

My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
You posted that twice. We get it. Mike Brown looks like Mr potato head. I actually think knicks coach Mike Woodson looks more like potato head.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #122
b0bab0i

My Ride: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Eric View Post
You posted that twice. We get it. Mike Brown looks like Mr potato head. I actually think knicks coach Mike Woodson looks more like potato head.
Second one was an image.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #123
TruckDaddy

My Ride: 1991 Kenworth T600
Mike Woodson's lips look like fat horizontal labia.

Say what again. Say What AGAIN! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHAFCUKA! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enter
It's a social thing guys get over it. My mom said in Chinese culture the longer your hair down there is the higher class you are, and my mom is one of the classiest ladies i know.
TruckDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #124
b0bab0i

Pringles might reach out to Nate McMillian to become defensive assistant coach.

Quote:
"The Los Angeles Lakers' new head coach Mike D'Antoni is expected to contact Nate McMillan about potentially becoming his defensive assistant coach, according to Ken Berger of CBSSports.com.

Adding the defensive-minded McMillan to the Lakers' staff could potentially shore up some of the concerns about D'Antoni's shortcomings as a defensive coach. Known primarily for their tempo-pushing Seven Seconds or Less offense and masterful execution of the pick and roll, D'Antoni's squads have been criticized for their struggles defensively. McMillan and D'Antoni both served as assistant coaches on the 2008 U.S. national team."

It's good to see Mike D and the lakers organization are addressing any concerns about defense ahead of time. How would you guys like seeing nate as an assistant for la. Or would fans of his rather see him giving it another go as a head coach.
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/11/...s-mike-dantoni
Old 11-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #125
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
pretty disappointing that they banged phil jackson like that. D'antoni is a good coach but i mean.. its phil jackson
Old 11-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #126
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
Phil just wanted too much.
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #127
JRos

My Ride: SL500
Ah man reading this made me feel so bad for Phil:

Quote:
A league source indicated late Sunday night that Jackson was "stunned" when the Lakers called to inform him they had chosen D'Antoni. He had been prepared to accept the job Monday if negotiations between his agent and the Lakers went well. Jackson's agent Todd Musberger had been scheduled to fly to Los Angeles on Monday
JRos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #128
Back2DTM

My Ride: AM V8V, NISSAN CUBE
There are so many stories who knows what is the real truth. Anyway I am fine with MDA but please get Nate as a defensive coach.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #129
HPFMTRE

My Ride: HPF stage 3 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
Phil just wanted too much.
This is false.

"There were no demands, outrageous or otherwise," Musburger said. "To say that he wanted control or that he wanted a zillion dollars or that he wanted equity, those were not topics discussed in the meeting between Kupchak, Buss and Phil. If the Lakers didn't spread those things, the fact they didn't take an affirmative stance to correct the record is very troublesome."

Edit. Maybe not.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--la...-11051709.html

Whatever i dont know it just sucks that Phil isnt coming back yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
wat?? guys with turbo M3's don't have woman troubles...

try adjusting your wastegate
HPF Stage 3 #001

R35 GTR coming soon ;)

Last edited by HPFMTRE; 11-12-2012 at 08:54 PM.
HPFMTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #130
04cbM3

My Ride: M3
This sucks so much why would you take a coach who was fired from the suns, then forced to resign with the Knicks, and really hasn't done anything in the nba.... At leas mike brown has been to the nba finals. The triangle would not have been that hard to pick up epically for Nash. He played against it for most of his carrier, I'm sure he know it inside and out from watching film Nd trying to defend it. I just don't get it if Phil got hired and did a terrible job fire him and then try dantoni. If dantoni sucks then we're screwed cause there's NO WAY in heck Phil would come back now.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #131
r2d2

My Ride: 330i
whatever it is, I just hope that the drama is over and we can get back to winning! Play ball!!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #132
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
It is true. At this point, we may never know and it doesn't really matter. Only time will tell now.
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #133
E36Eric

My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
Dantoni has some close friends who are laker fans and they were disappointed that Phil didn't get the job. Lol so sad.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #134
Evidence

My Ride: sold
Send a message via AIM to Evidence
Quote:
Originally Posted by ville View Post
This sucks so much why would you take a coach who was fired from the suns, then forced to resign with the Knicks, and really hasn't done anything in the nba.... At leas mike brown has been to the nba finals. The triangle would not have been that hard to pick up epically for Nash. He played against it for most of his carrier, I'm sure he know it inside and out from watching film Nd trying to defend it. I just don't get it if Phil got hired and did a terrible job fire him and then try dantoni. If dantoni sucks then we're screwed cause there's NO WAY in heck Phil would come back now.
First:
It's really interesting to me when people say stuff like this.....

Let's think about this....if you were to switch phil for mike D for their whole careers....how many rings do you think phil would have right now?

if we didn't get nash and howard do you think phil would even want the job?
Phil is a great coach no doubt, but he has also always had the greatest players in the game around him.

The only thing that bugged me was when they said phil wanted travel restriction. Thats like applying for a job but saying I don't work weekends or nights and I want to leave early on friday every other week. You could be the best employee but that's just not good for your business. Give me the guy who is going to grind out everyday to try and be better anyday

Second:
That's the worst idea i've ever heard. You already owe mike brown 11Mil and wasted games trying to learn a new system.....now lets hire phil for 10Mil and install a NEW system, if that doesn't work...lets fire him and take on another 10Mil and get the team to learn another NEW system......not only does that not make any business sense, but horrible basketball sense....

http://www.coachesclipboard.net/TriangleOffense.html

get back to me in a month and tell me you can run that with no problem. Let alone get 5 guys to do it flawlessly...

We don't need a complex system to win, we have 4 guys who are top 5 at their position in the game on the same team. Lets them do what they do and get the hell out of their way....simple/quick basketball is all you need when you have more talent then everyone else

Last edited by Evidence; 11-13-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Evidence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #135
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Great coaches always have great players play for them.

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #136
bry330i

My Ride: 2002 330i
heard of larry brown?
bry330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #137
TruckDaddy

My Ride: 1991 Kenworth T600
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
Great coaches always have great players play for them.
Great players make great coaches.

Say what again. Say What AGAIN! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHAFCUKA! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enter
It's a social thing guys get over it. My mom said in Chinese culture the longer your hair down there is the higher class you are, and my mom is one of the classiest ladies i know.
TruckDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #138
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy View Post
Great players make great coaches.
uhhh

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #139
b0bab0i

Was a close game with Spurs even without Nash and Blake. I guess the problem was the Princeton offense.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #140
r2d2

My Ride: 330i
yup really close.....