E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #21
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Quote:
While the car models are different from Forza 4, the highly acclaimed physics engine has made the transition. I'm a Gran Turismo addict, and I have to say I was very impressed. It was easy to pick up and play for a novice, but when you turn off the driver aids, it gets progressively harder without becoming impossible, which is refreshing. Gran Turismo can barely be considered a "pick up and play" type of game. To be fast on the tracks takes a lot of time and effort. Even with aids on, Gran Turismo is far from being an easy game.

I immediately felt at home in Forza Horizon. The handling models of the cars are predictable and easy to control. But that's not to say the game is "easy." The events I had the chance to run were very challenging and the cars could be a handful, especially with the aids off. But it just didn't feel impossible like GT5 often does. For the first time playing it, it inspired confidence in my own abilities and I repeatedly turned off aids and turned up the difficulty. Instead of knocking you down like Gran Turismo, Forza gains your trust and builds you up.

The graphics are also astounding. The car models look photo realistic, but run into a few things and damage makes them look pretty sad. There is no mechanical damage to speak of. The Forza team didn't confirm the car count to us, but did say there will be tons. There were also be a variety of off-road and on-road cars, as well as less of a focus on race cars and more on road cars. They also said that DLC for Forza 4 is not compatible with the cars in the game, due to changes with lighting and other elements of the game.

Lighting is beautiful during the day, but the whole landscape really comes alive at night. Like a real music festival, the in-game Horizon Festival you're supposed to be a part of has fireworks and tons of cool lighting. Unlike Gran Turismo 5, which has a dark night that makes it impossible to see anything, Forza uses a large, bright moon and reflections to make a night setting that looks real but also doesn't make you crash into things like Mr. Magoo.

As for the game itself, in my hour of gameplay I went from tenderfoot in a Volkswagen Corrado to a semi-bigshot with a Mustang Boss 302 and an Evo X in the garage. Events reward you with money and prizes, but you knew that if you've ever touched a video game before. The events are also rather unique. One event pitted me in a Boss 302 against a P51 Mustang. Win the race, win the car, it's that simple.

And if you don't want to race, just drive and explore. But watch out, there is traffic that you can crash into. There are more than 200 roads in the game, making up tons of mileage; The exact number wasn't revealed to us. And if you hoon about, you earn points which ups your rank in the game and gets you exclusive invites to more challenging race events.

http://jalopnik.com/5938987/forza-ho...round-colorado

Quote:
I played horizon!
The past two days I had the opportunity to sample forza horizon at World Time Attack. I was going to pass on this game wasn't even going to give it a second look, but to my surprise the demo I played was very enjoyable, With a strong Forza feel to it. Anyone worried about it feeling all NFS arcade like needn't be worried. The handling was a little more accessible than forza 4, and the racing was a hoot. Only one car was available the new Viper. And the race was against 10 other cars if I remember correctly. There was also traffic which to my demise cost me some wins.

I must admit I was driving balls to wall, which even resulted in me careering through fence posts into a paddock and out the other side. I should also mention the graphics are even more crisp then forza 4, this I could tell because on the tv next to me was forza4 being played but some clearly incapable gt5 fanboys its always fun to see them crashing after an attempt at drifting then claim the physics suck.

I wasn't the only lucky forza fan to have the opportunity to play the demo, 3 of my forza pals also had the opportunity one of those was forum regular surfer of the mind.

Anyway guy I should just say don't write forza horizon off until you try the demo. I know I had some humble pie over the weekend.
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/fo...d/5642214.aspx

quite sure the demo will be out like a forza games before release! so no need to reserve judgement until demo gets released!

DEMO hits tomorrow OCTOBER 9th!!!!!11[

"We've come a long long way together. Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,.. I have to praise you like I should.."

Last edited by MachRc; 10-08-2012 at 11:30 AM.
MachRc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #22
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
im stoked.

gonna be able to play only during the weekend though.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #23
ANREC330

My Ride: C6 Vette & M3
I'm so ready for the demo

I pre ordered the game anyway though.
ANREC330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #24
MachRc
E46Fanatic

you guys are gonna have to tell me how it is as I ...dont...have...live...gold..no ...mo'

Old 10-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #25
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachRc View Post
you guys are gonna have to tell me how it is as I ...dont...have...live...gold..no ...mo'

need a 24 hour free pass?
Old 10-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #26
MachRc
E46Fanatic

no, but thanks rohde! I do have alot of those scratchers in my game boxes, I had one 360 for online and one for" offline" and gave the online one away(let my older brother figure who owns a bodyshop "borrow" it for awhile since it was his kids birthday and he was in a crush)

so even with my offline one, Id be worried about ...silent update.

But i will be picking it up when it comes out and swap the boxes by then.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #27
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
So I just played the demo on this...I feel as though this is very similar to Test Drive: Unlimited...

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #28
Snapasaurus

My Ride: 2005 325i SULEV
Just played the demo, it's okay, it just feels really arcade-y to me. Decided to pick up borderlands 2 and a preorder for halo 4 instead.
Snapasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #29
Solo118

My Ride: '12 MDX, '03 CLK500
Send a message via AIM to Solo118
Im booking it. I love open "sandbox" type games.

Last edited by Solo118; 10-14-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Solo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:55 AM   #30
roastbeef

My Ride: 325ci
looks arcade-ish and stupid. i can't believe people compare this garbage to gran turismo 5.

^ DD.
roastbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:19 AM   #31
steve.k

My Ride: 05' 325Ci, 13' WRX
i'm buying it. Forza is sick... simple as that... i just hope they don't go the whole police chases like NFS.... that was such a fail.
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #32
E25ci

My Ride: F32 435i
Who's getting their copy tonight? I'm excited however very skeptical....cant wait to see! hit me up on xbox if you're on tonight.
XBL: EvenPavementPlz
Old 10-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #33
TSiGuy

My Ride: 05 325i
I'm renting it tomorrow (Tuesday). I thought it was supposed to be an "open world" game. It is not..I downloaded the demo last week. I'm disapointed with it. I guess we will see tomorrow.
TSiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #34
mario-g

My Ride: 323ci
forza is gay
gran turismo will forever be king
mario-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #35
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
Disappointed.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #36
MachRc
E46Fanatic

I personally liked the free roam Test Drive series so I do look forward to playing this ASAP.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #37
SHOoff11

My Ride: 2006 Honda Civic Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
Disappointed.
What did you dislike about it? I'd like to know before I go spend money on something I'll only play occasionally.

2006 Honda Civic Si Coupe Nighthawk Black Pearl/Black
1983 BMW 733i 5MT Schwarz/Cardinal

Sold: 1999 328i sedan Alpine White/Sand
SHOoff11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #38
Dirty Mike

My Ride: Fern Green 330ci
I've put a solid 4 hours in already and I love it. Very different but also fvcking fun! This is the forza I've been waiting for! I haven't found one thing I dislike. If I want to race on a track I'll walk 3 feet and pop in FM4. If you don't like it don't buy it but if you want need for speed world with forza depth--playground games did it big here.
Dirty Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #39
e46jki44

My Ride: e46 325i sedan
I played the demo and it seemed extremely arcadish and mire like need for speed instead of forza. Will not be buying the full game ill just stick with forza 4

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Bimmer App
e46jki44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #40
Dirty Mike

My Ride: Fern Green 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46jki44 View Post
I played the demo and it seemed extremely arcadish and mire like need for speed instead of forza. Will not be buying the full game ill just stick with forza 4

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Bimmer App

Did you change the difficulty? Put it on Simulation handling and no traction control with no rewinds and manual w/ clutch it's basically the same physics. I'll admit dirty driving is a little assisted cause my Apollo s didn't just spin the tires like I thought it would but it still sucked compared to the sti on dirt. Give it another try
Dirty Mike is offline   Reply With Quote