E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Are you a corporate wh*re?

I see a lot of hatred and derision for the American worker on this board (mostly from Russian and Chinese immigrants).

Makes me wonder how many of you are completely dependent on a corporation for everything you have and everything you are.

Post up if you think American workers are nothing more than cattle for your corporate owners to slaughter.
__________________

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
pakman3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: FL
Posts: 279
My Ride: piece
__________________
pakman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
__________________

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
13//
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BXL/MLT/EST
Posts: 572
My Ride: is immune to modbug
Send a message via MSN to 13//
do you even lift?
__________________
watch out your comments bro
13// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
Carskibum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 3,116
My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
__________________
Carskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
Cowspoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 655
My Ride: 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
I see a lot of hatred and derision for the American worker on this board (mostly from Russian and Chinese immigrants).

Makes me wonder how many of you are completely dependent on a corporation for everything you have and everything you are.

Post up if you think American workers are nothing more than cattle for your corporate owners to slaughter.
You say that like it's a bad thing. As if someone dependent on a corporation is unable to achieve success in another work environment.
__________________
spacebarissolazy
doesntfeelikebeingpressed
Cowspoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #7
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
If it's so easy, get off that corporate teat and do something else.

Put your money where your mouth is.
__________________

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
KamPow3r
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 827
My Ride: ....
Look like you are out of your element here.
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines..."
- Enzo Ferrari
KamPow3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #9
Carskibum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 3,116
My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
If it's so easy, get off that corporate teat and do something else.

Put your money where your mouth is.
I feel that you are a bit disconnected from reality.
__________________
Carskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #10
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamPow3r View Post
Look like you are out of your element here.
You're right. I've never lived in the third world, and I don't want to start now.
__________________

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #11
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carskibum View Post
I feel that you are a bit disconnected from reality.
True - reality for many of you is a precarious grasp on the corporate teat.

Don't let go (no matter what they tell you to do.)
__________________

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #12
Carskibum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 3,116
My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
True - reality for many of you is a precarious grasp on the corporate teat.

Don't let go (no matter what they tell you to do.)
Can you explain? I go to work, work hard, they compensate me? Should I leave and start my own company doing what I do now?
__________________

Last edited by Carskibum; 11-17-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Carskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #13
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carskibum View Post
Can you explain? I go to work, work hard, they compensate me? Should I leave and start my own company doing what I do now?
Why don't you?

Why do you depend on someone else?
__________________

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #14
Carskibum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 3,116
My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Why don't you?

Why do you depend on someone else?
You're totally, right. What is it that you do? How did you succeed on your own?
__________________
Carskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #15
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carskibum View Post
You're totally, right. What is it that you do? How did you succeed on your own?
I took a chance like John Schnatter did and worked my ass off - for MYSELF.

I started my own glass business with $2000 back in 1993. I got out of glass 7 or 8 years ago, but still work for myself. Self employment is terrific. You get to choose which ass to kiss instead of kissing the same one every day, all day.
__________________

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #16
cowmoo32
drunken science
 
cowmoo32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,532
My Ride: Trek 1.5
__________________

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #17
5ynd1cat3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 476
My Ride: swagger wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Why don't you?

Why do you depend on someone else?
I don't because I have too much to lose and I genuinely enjoy what I do. I'm not in a position to take a chance and risk the well being of my family. Not to mention the startup costs of my line of work are in the millions.

Going to work every day, guaranteed overtime, lots of good benefits and a great paycheck isn't exactly a bad thing.

Why did you get out of the glass business?

Sent from my obamaphone
__________________

Last edited by 5ynd1cat3; 11-17-2012 at 12:54 PM.
5ynd1cat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #18
CRZY BMW
Registered User
 
CRZY BMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Socal
Posts: 430
My Ride: has wings & a prop
Yea, stop depending on corporations for jobs and products! Rely on the governmemt instead, theyre way better at spending your money and giving you what they feel you deserve!
__________________


http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=309167&stc=1&d=1238667257

CRZY BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #19
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 View Post
I don't because I have too much to lose and I genuinely enjoy what I do. I'm not in a position to take a chance and risk the well being of my family. Not to mention the startup costs of my line of work are in the millions.

Going to work every day, guaranteed overtime, lots of good benefits and a great paycheck isn't exactly a bad thing.

Why did you get out of the glass business?
Like everything else - it got old. I was in it for more than 20 years. I finally got to the point that money didn't mean much to me, and took a few years off to recharge.

The security that a corporate position offers is nice, and if you're backed into a corner, it's the only option. I just don't understand how Americans got to this point. I never dreamed I'd see this country turn into a corporate fascist totalitarian Utopia with millions mindless drones who willingly support it.

What happened to American exceptionalism? When did it die?
__________________

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #20
Grande D
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 3,313
My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRZY BMW View Post
Yea, stop depending on corporations for jobs and products! Rely on the governmemt instead, theyre way better at spending your money and giving you what they feel you deserve!
That's not what he meant and you know it. You want to have a discussion fine. You want to emulate the media and take sensationalist cheap shots? GTFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Like everything else - it got old. I was in it for more than 20 years. I finally got to the point that money didn't mean much to me, and took a few years off to recharge.

The security that a corporate position offers is nice, and if you're backed into a corner, it's the only option. I just don't understand how Americans got to this point. I never dreamed I'd see this country turn into a corporate fascist totalitarian Utopia with millions mindless drones who willingly support it.

What happened to American exceptionalism? When did it die?
Wait what? You just said you started the business in 1993 and got out of it 7-8 years ago. That isn't 20; or did you work in the business before you started your company?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymalls View Post
dont listen to these fuQ faces... just go to a junk yard and get a used complete left rear end. i cracked my left rear control arm on the highway because i was driving w/o shocks... lol! ***Was too busy caking on these bitches instead of taking care my car!***
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use