E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #41
chivo328

My Ride: 328/330/633/M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
thnks but no offense but u only spent 6 months in support of OIF
How many months have you spent in military service to the United States?
chivo328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #42
flashmeow
Banned User

My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
Nice try...it's been more than that. Try 7 years in the Marines, w/ three tours to the Middle East. And that's not all. Combine that with government experience both as a contractor and a government civil servant. Should I mention my other overseas experience in the diplomatic community not military related?

Please go on, this is fun. Just goes to show you the varied backgrounds of people on here.
lol. no need to impress me with your resume. 7yrs in the usmc is honorble but there r others tht serve more time thn you.

btw...3 usmc tours is equal to 1.5 army tour. so that is not really impressive (when compared to others)
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #43
flashmeow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivo328 View Post
How many months have you spent in military service to the United States?
irrevelant

but if you r curious i have a lot of family members who are in active duty. I am too frail to join but I did stay at the Holidays Inn. all jokes aside,,,i was a project manager at Raytheon before I went back to being a pharmacist
Old 10-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #44
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
lol. no need to impress me with your resume. 7yrs in the usmc is honorble but there r others tht serve more time thn you.

btw...3 usmc tours is equal to 1.5 army tour. so that is not really impressive (when compared to others)
not trying to impress you. Nor do I care to. I'm not going to compare Army vs Marines as each service is unique, each is challenging in their own way, and serve different missions areas. In case you're curious, my total deployed time is approximately 20 months. And yes, Army has longer deployments, but the reason is that they are not an expeditionary force like the Marine Corps is (which is an expeditionary force in readiness).

And by the way and since you brought it up, I would have served longer, but I got hurt, bad, and was medically retired for injuries. So once again, don't assume things. But that's ok i dont need your sympathy.

My point is, which you seem to be missing, is that when you make blanket statements or posts on here, you never know your audience or their backgrounds. Another point is that you may not know as much as you think you know. Wiki and google are tools, but it takes more than that.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 10-09-2012 at 06:42 PM.
MDydinanM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #45
chivo328

Quote:
irrevelant

but if you r curious i have a lot of family members who are in active duty. I am too frail to join but I did stay at the Holidays Inn. all jokes aside,,,i was a project manager at Raytheon before I went back to being a pharmacist
I hardly think it's irrelevant if you're going to take pot shots at military members, particularly those that spent time in an active combat zone while you pushed papers at Raytheon.

edit: And riding on the merits of your family members doesn't give you the right to bag on those who have served.

Last edited by chivo328; 10-09-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #46
chivo328

Quote:

And some, like yourself, that have served none.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #47
flashmeow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivo328 View Post
I hardly think it's irrelevant if you're going to take pot shots at military members, particularly those that spent time in an active combat zone while you pushed papers at Raytheon.

edit: And riding on the merits of your family members doesn't give you the right to bag on those who have served.
all valid points. have to agree with the everything except for "pushing papers" comments. I was part of the bunker busting munition project. we helped developed the guidance/detonation system so the bomb can be on target when used against the caves in aghanistan.

anyhow, i was just deflating madmn ego. just because he spent few months in oveseas doesnt make him more of an expert when it comes to the incident in Libya.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #48
MDydinanM

Quote:

anyhow, i was just deflating madmn ego. just because he spent few months in oveseas doesnt make him more of an expert when it comes to the incident in Libya.
I'm the one with the ego? You questioned/challenged my background and I gave you a quick synopsis. I think you just got a response that you weren't expecting.

for the record, I never said I was an expert on Libya. But apparently you think you do with your google and wiki searches. That and your long list of so-called "failed democratic presidents." I think you're just upset that you got called out and/or backed into a corner by the posters on here. It's ok to admit that you are wrong at times.

So lets talk about Libya then. Were you there? Were you or are you privy to all the diplomatic cables and threats? Are you a member of the National Security Staff and/or part of State Department's INR Branch? No? Good because neither am I. I think it's prudent to wait until the Congressional hearing is over so all the facts can be discussed.

Your reputation on e46F speaks for itself.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 10-09-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #49
chivo328

Quote:
all valid points. have to agree with the everything except for "pushing papers" comments. I was part of the bunker busting munition project. we helped developed the guidance/detonation system so the bomb can be on target when used against the caves in aghanistan.

Really? Did you assemble the guidance or detonation system? Cast explosives? Did you jam the weapon onto the aircraft during testing? Did you perform (render safe/disassemble) failure analysis during testing? Did you machine any parts or solder any electronics?
Old 10-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #50
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:

Didn't you say you were not a US citizen. How did you acquire the clearances required to be involved with munitions development? And yes his experiences overseas make him more of an expert...ESPECIALLY when compared to yourself.

Last edited by badfast; 10-09-2012 at 07:12 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #51
MDydinanM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Didn't you say you were not a US citizen. How did you acquire the clearances required to be involved with munitions development? And yes his experiences overseas make him more of an expert...ESPECIALLY when compared to yourself.
+1

Last edited by MDydinanM; 10-09-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #52
sea6speed

My Ride: 2011 135i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
You forgot 2001.

/thread.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #53
MDydinanM

Quote:
I know a few co-workers (non us citizens) that voted in last year election. It was that easy and simple. no ID...no verification...no proof of citizenship.

no wonder the democrats don't want to fix the voting systems.
Republicans call for stricter Voter ID laws...is that going to sit well with you, especially after your admission of voting as a non-US citizen in a US election?

Additionally, Republicans are also known for voter fraud. Recent example is that they hired a firm known for voter fraud (then subsequently fired)

look up "Strategic Allied Consulting"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1937562.html

and yes, Democrats are guilty too and have had their fair share.

Point is, you're making another ignorant blanket statement

Last edited by MDydinanM; 10-09-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #54
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Jesus this thread derailed quick, guess no one wants to discuss the deception coming out of the white house...much easier to pile up and ridicule a member who made a stupid point after starting a relevant thread. Go Alinsky!

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #55
flashmeow
Banned User

Quote:
I'm the one with the ego? You questioned/challenged my background and I gave you a quick synopsis. I think you just got a response that you weren't expecting.

for the record, I never said I was an expert on Libya. But apparently you think you do with your google and wiki searches. That and your long list of so-called "failed democratic presidents." I think you're just upset that you got called out and/or backed into a corner by the posters on here. It's ok to admit that you are wrong at times.

So lets talk about Libya then. Were you there? Were you or are you privy to all the diplomatic cables and threats? Are you a member of the National Security Staff and/or part of State Department's INR Branch? No? Good because neither am I. I think it's prudent to wait until the Congressional hearing is over so all the facts can be discussed.

Your reputation on e46F speaks for itself.
lets be honest with each other shall we brah? I never liked you and will never invite you to my xmas party. I am sure the feeling is mutual but trust me...I would love to slap the living daylight out of you in person.

anyhow...after I questioned your sexiest thread/comments (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...light=princess) you decided to creeply nag me on every single thread and post as much as possible from that day on. this is why you attacked me first and try to sound all pretentious and condescending and stuff.

Quote:
I find this thread full of lols.

But I find it laughable that you think you know anything about foreign policy, diplomacy, strategy, military, and national security matters. But for guys like me and member bedfast that have some experience,

reputation..i don't care. unlike you, I go to the off topic page soley for entertainment. I don't go to the off topic in a desperate attempt to earn some e-credibility and make up for my insecurities.
I enjoy making a mockery out of myself but most importantly I enjoy soliciting the reponses from guys like you. here is a free advise for you ...don't take the off topic page too seriously. relax. you make it seems like this is a model UN debate or some competition

Last edited by flashmeow; 10-09-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #56
MDydinanM

Quote:
lets be honest with each other shall we brah? I never liked you and will never invite you to my xmas party. I am sure the feeling is mutual but trust me...I would love to slap the living daylight out of you in person.
Well you got me, i'm insulted that I can't come to your Xmas party. Boo hoo. So your mad because I pick out the holes in your statements and show how ridiculous they are? Just like everyone else? If your mad at me, you must be mad at the whole forum then.

Quote:
anyhow...after I questioned your sexiest thread/comments (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...light=princess) you decided to creeply nag me on every single thread and post as much as possible from that day on. this is why you attacked me first and try to sound all pretentious and condelscnding and stuff.
That was a sexist thread? Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black with all your prior racist comments? See post #19 in the same thread you just linked. And, as I pointed out in the same thread, the news articles about the video was calling attention to sexual harassment, see post #19 and read it again.

I creepily nag you? As opposed to everyone else on here that responds to your posts? Get real and don't flatter yourself. Perhaps you like the attention.

Quote:
reputation..i don't care. unlike you, I go to the off topic page soley for entertainment. I don't go to the off topic in a desperate attempt to earn some e-credibility.
I too go for entertainment. And when I see posts from you, well, it is entertaining. This isn't about e-credibility. This is about someone shooting them self in the foot (you). Secondly, as I mentioned previously in this thread, I tried to make the point of being mindful of people's background and that people may not know as much as they think they know. See post #44

You missed the point...again.

Still waiting on a response to this question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast
Didn't you say you were not a US citizen. How did you acquire the clearances required to be involved with munitions development?

Last edited by MDydinanM; 10-09-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #57
flashmeow
Banned User

Quote:
Slap me, why? Because I pick out the holes in your statements and show how ridiculous they are? Just like everyone else? If your mad at me, you must be mad at the whole forum then.

That was a sexist thread? Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black with all your prior racist comments?

I creeply nag you?As opposed to everyone else on here that responds to your posts? Get real and don't flatter yourself. Perhaps you like the attention.

I too go for entertainment. And when I see posts from you, well, it is entertaining. This isn't about e-credibility. This is about someone shooting themself in the foot (you). Secondly, as I mentioned previously in this thread, I tried to make the point of being mindful of people's background and that people may not know as much as they think they know. See post #

You missed the point...again.

Still waiting on a response to this question:
I have no issues with anyone on this thread/discussion other than you. there is just something about you that erks and annoy the living day light of me. everyone else is just having fun by making fun of each other but you are just too damn pretentious and condescending for me. Do you have a GF or Wife? I will be praying for them

anyhow...i forgive you. lets move on son.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #58
MDydinanM

Quote:
I have no issues with anyone on this thread/discussion other than you. there is just something about you that erks and annoy the living day light of me. everyone else is just having fun by making fun of each other but you are just too damn pretentious and condescending for me. Do you have a GF or Wife? I will be praying for them

anyhow...i forgive you. lets move on son.
Ditto, and yes I'm happily married and have been for over a year.

still waiting on a response to this (you can PM me a response if you don't want to discuss it in public):

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast
Didn't you say you were not a US citizen. How did you acquire the clearances required to be involved with munitions development?

Last edited by MDydinanM; 10-09-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #59
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Interesting.

I've never seen a cat lady blow a gasket in public.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #60
chivo328

Quote:
I enjoy making a mockery out of myself...