E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #61
BeMyWhip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Big Apple USA
Posts: 3,542
My Ride: 01 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...89815N20121009

cliff: U.S. security officer formerly stationed in Libya has told lawmakers he sent two cables to the State Department requesting more security agents for the American mission in Benghazi but received no response.

Why isn't Obama and Hiliary being held accountable for this tradgedy?
Someone in the obama's admin and state department need to be fired and/or prosecuted. They have the blood and responsibility of four Americans on their shoulders. If Obama wants to take credit for the killing of Osama, he needs to take the responsibility for these deaths as well.

We already know that democrats are horrible at national security issue.

Clinton.....1993...world trade center bombing in NYC..democrat President failed horribly.
Clinton....1998...US Embassies Bombing in Africa. democrat President failed horribly
Obama...2012...Benghazi/Ambassador assassination....democrat President failed horribly
This isnt over yet. the investigation is mounting; many people from various governmental levels will be questioned, and the truth will come out. We may see some serious stuff coming out in the very near future. I dont want to speculate, but this may become a death blow to the incumbant!
__________________
Always Mod!!!
Founder: 330Ci The 3 litre coupe
BeMyWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #62
Swish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 285
My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
People still take Flash seriously? The guy is a clown, not sure why any experienced combat vet would even reply to his asshattery! I enjoy your comedic threads Flash
__________________

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #63
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWhip View Post
This isnt over yet. the investigation is mounting; many people from various governmental levels will be questioned, and the truth will come out. We may see some serious stuff coming out in the very near future. I dont want to speculate, but this may become a death blow to the incumbant!

How is this incident going to affect the incumbent?
__________________

Quote:
If you ever want to see what I mean by the arbitrariness of categories, check the situation of polarized politics. The next time a Martian visits earth, try to explain to him to why those who favor allowing capital punishment also oppose the elimination of a fetus in the mother's womb.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #64
flashmeow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,220
My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish View Post
People still take Flash seriously? The guy is a clown, not sure why any experienced combat vet would even reply to his asshattery! I enjoy your comedic threads Flash
Wow...calm down brother. I heard u were forced to retire because the chairforce found out that u were banging an officer that happens to be your wife.

Fratinzation (sp) is a crime against the ucmj. Shame on u

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #65
Swish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 285
My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
Wow...calm down brother. I heard u were forced to retire because the chairforce found out that u were banging an officer that happens to be your wife.

Fratinzation (sp) is a crime against the ucmj. Shame on u

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App
you got me Flash...
__________________

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #66
BeMyWhip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Big Apple USA
Posts: 3,542
My Ride: 01 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
How is this incident going to affect the incumbent?
dont want to speculate... just follow the news on this and watch closely.
__________________
Always Mod!!!
Founder: 330Ci The 3 litre coupe

Last edited by BeMyWhip; 10-09-2012 at 11:18 PM.
BeMyWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #67
Act of God
E46Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 333
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
How is this incident going to affect the incumbent?
If Obama knew it was an organized terrorist attack and sold it as a YouTube comment gone wrong he intentionally lied to the American people, and maintained the lie for a while before he had to come clean.

Also, it also means Obama outed the creator of the video (who now has to live in hiding) because an organized terrorist attack wasn't politically convenient.

Also, if the reports that the embassy was begging for help and said help never came...American blood on his hands.

Also, if they knew about the attack beforehand (I read it was actually on facebook of all places) and did nothing...more blood on his hands.

That is all worst-case scenario for Barry, of course. I'm sure there will be a fall guy to take the hit.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." October 23, 2010, not January 20, 2009
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #68
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
You can always hope.
__________________

Quote:
If you ever want to see what I mean by the arbitrariness of categories, check the situation of polarized politics. The next time a Martian visits earth, try to explain to him to why those who favor allowing capital punishment also oppose the elimination of a fetus in the mother's womb.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #69
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
If Obama knew it was an organized terrorist attack and sold it as a YouTube comment gone wrong he intentionally lied to the American people, and maintained the lie for a while before he had to come clean.
What would be the reason for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Also, it also means Obama outed the creator of the video (who now has to live in hiding) because an organized terrorist attack wasn't politically convenient.
Wait, Obama was the one who outed him? In any case, he should be outed. He knew his actions might have severe consequences to other and willingly created a video that would incite hate and violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Also, if the reports that the embassy was begging for help and said help never came...American blood on his hands.
Does Obama not like Americans? Is that why he didn't send help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Also, if they knew about the attack beforehand (I read it was actually on facebook of all places) and did nothing...more blood on his hands.
Why would they do nothing if they knew about it? I wouldn't even think this of Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
That is all worst-case scenario for Barry, of course. I'm sure there will be a fall guy to take the hit.
A Scooter Libby, eh?
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #70
flashmeow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,220
My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
Obama was too busy partying with Jay Z and Beyonce to bother with his national security meetings. How ANY of you can vote for this incompetant retard is beyond comprehension
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #71
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
Obama was too busy partying with Jay Z and Beyonce to bother with his national security meetings. How ANY of you can vote for this incompetant retard is beyond comprehension
Sarcasm? Parody?
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #72
flashmeow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,220
My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
On memorial services, obama said the ambassador and his team gave their lives for their Libyan friends quoting Bible verses. Ironically, the ambassaor were thrown into wolves' den without protection,forgotten and betrayed by obama himselves.
A month later, Obama and his fans are saying Romney is trying to Kill Big Bird and PBS. I dont know about you but i think the lives of a US Ambassador is much more valuable than freaking Big Bird
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #73
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,023
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
The embassy had requested to have security bolstered. Intelligence agencies were perfectly aware of the rockets and other weapons present during the "protest". Hilary, the White House, and their posse all claimed the video was the cause of the rebellion and did so perfectly aware it was the result of terrorists who were essentially celebrating 9/11. The white house continued to lie about the situation until the evidence against that story proved too significant to ignore.

So our security and intelligence agencies failed to react to the security requests by the embassy. The embassy failed to protect its inhabitants. The white house failed to truthfully come out and explain what had happened... Sorry but this was a massive failure and that's that.
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #74
217Bimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 146
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
tried using the search function, but couldn't find any reaction from you two in response to the TWELVE embassy attacks under bush. i know you don't like bringing up the past, but i just wanted to confirm that you had the same outrage under our former leader and were not holding our current president to a different standard due to your obvious bias.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #75
flashmeow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,220
My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
tried using the search function, but couldn't find any reaction from you two in response to the TWELVE embassy attacks under bush. i know you don't like bringing up the past, but i just wanted to confirm that you had the same outrage under our former leader and were not holding our current president to a different standard due to your obvious bias.
u r right. I do have a bias. I love Bush and his father. the father for liberating Kuwait (the Kuwait this day still adore him) and the son for bring freedom to milions of afghan and iraqi women and children.

Last edited by flashmeow; 10-10-2012 at 03:20 PM.
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #76
chivo328
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,531
My Ride: 328/330/633/M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Sarcasm? Parody?
Nope, just ignorance.
chivo328 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #77
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Don't......feed.......the......trolls


__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #78
chivo328
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,531
My Ride: 328/330/633/M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
I love Bush
Edited for context.
chivo328 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #79
russ330
Mod Squad
 
russ330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Mississippi's Gulf Coast
Posts: 15,802
My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
tried using the search function, but couldn't find any reaction from you two in response to the TWELVE embassy attacks under bush. i know you don't like bringing up the past, but i just wanted to confirm that you had the same outrage under our former leader and were not holding our current president to a different standard due to your obvious bias.
__________________
russ330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #80
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
The embassy had requested to have security bolstered. Intelligence agencies were perfectly aware of the rockets and other weapons present during the "protest". Hilary, the White House, and their posse all claimed the video was the cause of the rebellion and did so perfectly aware it was the result of terrorists who were essentially celebrating 9/11. The white house continued to lie about the situation until the evidence against that story proved too significant to ignore.

So our security and intelligence agencies failed to react to the security requests by the embassy. The embassy failed to protect its inhabitants. The white house failed to truthfully come out and explain what had happened... Sorry but this was a massive failure and that's that.
I think there is a little more to it than that. In my opinion, this is a Dept of State issue. Threats were passed up the chain from the RSO at the Consulate to the Dept of State HQ. Dept of State didn't provide the proper security resources. I don't see how this is a Obama issue. If anything, someone at the Dept of State will have to answer, which is why Sec State Clinton is speaking at the congressional hearing.

Additionally, in regards to intelligence, here are quotes from the Director of National Intelligence in regards to this issue:

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/1...nough-already/
Quote:
Clapper said an increased security risk is the new normal overseas, and that people need to understand what intelligence can and cannot do.
Quote:
"The challenge is always a tactical warning, the exact insights ahead of time that such an attack is going to take place and obviously we did not have that," Clapper said in answering questions after the speech.

"This gets into the mysteries versus secrets thing. If people don't behave, emit a behavior or talk or something else ahead of time to be detected, it's going to be very hard to predict an exact attack and come up with an exact attack," he said.
Quote:
I acknowledged publicly that we didn't instantly have that 'God's eye, God's ear' certitude about an event that I mentioned earlier," Clapper said. "It made me want to go right back to Australia."

Several intelligence sources have expressed frustration since the attack that there was an unrealistic expectation for that community to know what happened within hours of the Benghazi incident.
Basically, there is an unrealistic public perception of the government to have a crystal ball to predict such attacks. The government is not the all-seeing eye of Mordor from the Lord of the Rings.

And lets not forget that it took time to figure out who did the attacks, and the intimidate idea was that it was due to a video. It wasn't until later on that pieces of the puzzle started to fit together as to who, what, and why. That can account for a change in stories as the picture comes clear.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 10-10-2012 at 03:37 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use