E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
mario-g
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 80
My Ride: 323ci
Lightbulb [VIC] - WTB - First Post (Y)

Hey fellow E46'ers!
Recently got a manual orient blue '99 323ci with 80,000 k's on the clock
Want to start giving the car a bit more looks but I'm sort of strapped for cash atm (there's nothing cheap about owning a BMW)

Theres a long list of things i'm after, if anyone is selling or can give me any advice on these mods or any others i should consider it would be extremely appreciated!

- black matte grills
- angel eyes
- maybe even projectors?
- smoked corners / sides
- hid fogs
- led tails
- ZHP 5 speed stick
- metal pedals
- interior LED's
- licence plate LED's
- set of rims (max 19 inch, maybe M3/CSL's?)
- orient blue shark fin (aerial's leaking)
- chrome gauge rings
- exhaust (Muffler or full system)
- lowered springs
- MTECH II body kit (preferably already painted)

Look forward to any responses

Last edited by mario-g; 07-01-2012 at 08:24 PM.
mario-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
shook
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 848
My Ride: E46 328ci
Selling my CSL wheels plus tyres for 800.
shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
Davconelectric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sunny melbourne
Posts: 1,879
My Ride: 330
I've got msport suspension $150.
__________________
Davconelectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #4
YGOAMG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Riverside: Melbourne
Posts: 11,865
My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Welcome !
__________________

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #5
shannon1
Registered User
 
shannon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,616
My Ride: 2001, 318i
Welcome to the forum mate post up some pics of your car.
__________________
Shannon.

shannon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:42 AM   #6
johnca
Modded ///Member
 
johnca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 1,253
My Ride: E46 Slow CSL
Welcome to the forum
__________________
johnca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #7
Jall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Posts: 991
My Ride: 328Ci
I have a set of koni lowering springs.
__________________
Jall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
trive2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,100
My Ride: 1989 BMW 535i
Mate, the visuals are the last thing you should be looking at with your car. I'm missing a sideskirt, one window of tint, have a dinted door, a missing tow hook cover and a chunk missing out of my front bumper on my 330i but I'm still saving for a gearbox service and cooling system overhaul. Believe me, spend some time in the general section with Mango and Dmax and you'll realise where your money should be going, ESPECIALLY if you can't afford emergency repairs.


Mind you, I can see where you're coming from. Hell, I just bought a 535i instead of spending two grand on the E46.... (it was cheap alright!).

I've got a set of Orion Lite angel eyes in new condition. I fitted them to the car and never connected them. Decided against running them because I saw a Triton with Angel eyes.... $50?

Here's my take on the rest if it's any help, (hell, maybe you can help me?)
_____________________________________________________


- black matte grills (look for plastidip. Works well on grills and can peel off when it's time to sell. Expensive over here though)
- angel eyes (I've got some for Pre-face Coupe/Sedan and Face Sedan)
- maybe even projectors? (HID kits are god. The Xenon's are crap in these cars)
- smoked corners / sides (The smoked tends to be darker than the headlight and look weird. I like them, but a lot don't. Look for OEM dark corners too)
- ZHP 5 speed stick (Turnermotorsport I believe... or try BMAparts. Or ESS)
- metal pedals (Find me some powdercoated black with no emblems!)
- interior LED's (ESStuning has these as sets, they're great)
- licence plate LED's (Same as above)
- set of rims ( 19 inch will look odd and ruin ride, I'd aim for 18". E46's are good because the arches look great on anything 17" plus)
- chrome gauge rings ( Ahrg I hate the gauge rings on mine, why do you want this!?)
- exhaust ( BMW exhausts are already near perfect from factory, so unless you want noise, you won't have any other gain. Ebay headers are fantastic)
- MTECH II body kit ( Good luck man, I'm still looking. You can find them for about $350 a piece around the place unpainted)
__________________
trive2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #9
E46 Coupe
Registered User
 
E46 Coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,006
My Ride: Rules1 & 2: S T F U!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trive2 View Post
Mate, the visuals are the last thing you should be looking at with your car. I'm missing a sideskirt, one window of tint, have a dinted door, a missing tow hook cover and a chunk missing out of my front bumper on my 330i but I'm still saving for a gearbox service and cooling system overhaul. Believe me, spend some time in the general section with Mango and Dmax and you'll realise where your money should be going, ESPECIALLY if you can't afford emergency repairs.


Mind you, I can see where you're coming from. Hell, I just bought a 535i instead of spending two grand on the E46.... (it was cheap alright!).

I've got a set of Orion Lite angel eyes in new condition. I fitted them to the car and never connected them. Decided against running them because I saw a Triton with Angel eyes.... $50?

Here's my take on the rest if it's any help, (hell, maybe you can help me?)
_____________________________________________________


- black matte grills (look for plastidip. Works well on grills and can peel off when it's time to sell. Expensive over here though)
- angel eyes (I've got some for Pre-face Coupe/Sedan and Face Sedan)
- maybe even projectors? (HID kits are god. The Xenon's are crap in these cars)
- smoked corners / sides (The smoked tends to be darker than the headlight and look weird. I like them, but a lot don't. Look for OEM dark corners too)
- ZHP 5 speed stick (Turnermotorsport I believe... or try BMAparts. Or ESS)
- metal pedals (Find me some powdercoated black with no emblems!)
- interior LED's (ESStuning has these as sets, they're great)
- licence plate LED's (Same as above)
- set of rims ( 19 inch will look odd and ruin ride, I'd aim for 18". E46's are good because the arches look great on anything 17" plus)
- chrome gauge rings ( Ahrg I hate the gauge rings on mine, why do you want this!?)
- exhaust ( BMW exhausts are already near perfect from factory, so unless you want noise, you won't have any other gain. Ebay headers are fantastic)
- MTECH II body kit ( Good luck man, I'm still looking. You can find them for about $350 a piece around the place unpainted)




LOL jks!
__________________
E46 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #10
shook
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 848
My Ride: E46 328ci
I got my LED interior and license plate from eBay - error free's and they work great
shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #11
KOpower
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 500
My Ride: 325ci
Good list of clean mods buddy!
__________________

My Ride:
2002 e46 325ci Manual - Sport & Premium Pkg
KOpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #12
trive2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,100
My Ride: 1989 BMW 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46 Coupe View Post



LOL jks!

Someone was going to have to do it
__________________
trive2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #13
YGOAMG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Riverside: Melbourne
Posts: 11,865
My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Did I read that you're 'still looking' for an MTech bar??
__________________

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:16 AM   #14
dmax
Registered User
 
dmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 22,826
My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
You're strapped for cash but want cool looks? You got the wrong car...unless, you change the way you look at it.

I agree with the poster above who mentioned me...spend time in General...learn about all the things that can and will go wrong on your car and make sure you have the money to fix them when they go bad.

If you diy, you stand a chance of saving your car...if not, well then, all I can suggest is that you should read fanatics until you know enough to work on it yourself.

GL. HTH.
__________________


Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #15
trive2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,100
My Ride: 1989 BMW 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
You're strapped for cash but want cool looks? You got the wrong car...unless, you change the way you look at it.

I agree with the poster above who mentioned me...spend time in General...learn about all the things that can and will go wrong on your car and make sure you have the money to fix them when they go bad.

If you diy, you stand a chance of saving your car...if not, well then, all I can suggest is that you should read fanatics until you know enough to work on it yourself.

GL. HTH.

Do I have to post more!? Comone man, names names names!


The only way that it makes ANY sense to do the "looks" before the maintenance is when you have plenty of windfall if anything goes wrong. For example, I have a second car, so I don't worry AS MUCH about that sort of thing. Mind you, I've still rebuilt my suspension and already replaced 4k worth of stuff in preventative/needed maintenance. What's your back-up plan?


P.S. I really want to sell these Angel Eyes
__________________
trive2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:11 AM   #16
niiCk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Syd
Posts: 1,639
My Ride: E90
PM sent!
niiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #17
mario-g
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 80
My Ride: 323ci
Thanks for all the responses!
I'll get around to pming the sellers of parts that interest me.
Ill take some pics in the next couple of days also, dont expect too much

Quote:
Mate, the visuals are the last thing you should be looking at with your car. I'm missing a sideskirt, one window of tint, have a dinted door, a missing tow hook cover and a chunk missing out of my front bumper on my 330i but I'm still saving for a gearbox service and cooling system overhaul. Believe me, spend some time in the general section with Mango and Dmax and you'll realise where your money should be going, ESPECIALLY if you can't afford emergency repairs.


Mind you, I can see where you're coming from. Hell, I just bought a 535i instead of spending two grand on the E46.... (it was cheap alright!).

I've got a set of Orion Lite angel eyes in new condition. I fitted them to the car and never connected them. Decided against running them because I saw a Triton with Angel eyes.... $50?

Here's my take on the rest if it's any help, (hell, maybe you can help me?)
_____________________________________________________


- black matte grills (look for plastidip. Works well on grills and can peel off when it's time to sell. Expensive over here though)
- angel eyes (I've got some for Pre-face Coupe/Sedan and Face Sedan)
- maybe even projectors? (HID kits are god. The Xenon's are crap in these cars)
- smoked corners / sides (The smoked tends to be darker than the headlight and look weird. I like them, but a lot don't. Look for OEM dark corners too)
- ZHP 5 speed stick (Turnermotorsport I believe... or try BMAparts. Or ESS)
- metal pedals (Find me some powdercoated black with no emblems!)
- interior LED's (ESStuning has these as sets, they're great)
- licence plate LED's (Same as above)
- set of rims ( 19 inch will look odd and ruin ride, I'd aim for 18". E46's are good because the arches look great on anything 17" plus)
- chrome gauge rings ( Ahrg I hate the gauge rings on mine, why do you want this!?)
- exhaust ( BMW exhausts are already near perfect from factory, so unless you want noise, you won't have any other gain. Ebay headers are fantastic)
- MTECH II body kit ( Good luck man, I'm still looking. You can find them for about $350 a piece around the place unpainted)
Legend, cheers for all the info, might pm you about the Angel Eyes

Quote:
You're strapped for cash but want cool looks? You got the wrong car...unless, you change the way you look at it.

I agree with the poster above who mentioned me...spend time in General...learn about all the things that can and will go wrong on your car and make sure you have the money to fix them when they go bad.

If you diy, you stand a chance of saving your car...if not, well then, all I can suggest is that you should read fanatics until you know enough to work on it yourself.

GL. HTH.
I've seen you all over these forums
Im all good for repairs and maintenance and there is no issue with backup money but i still dont want to be blowing all my cash on some simple mods (Hence the WTB post)
mario-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #18
KOpower
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 500
My Ride: 325ci
I'd suggest u do the small stuff that make a better driving experience first - ie lighting mods
17 to 18 inch wheels will give u most ride comfort - I found nice new tyres made a big difference for me as well
- delay the bodykit stuff - its more expensive & less drive ability improvement

Good luck!!
__________________

My Ride:
2002 e46 325ci Manual - Sport & Premium Pkg
KOpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #19
Davconelectric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sunny melbourne
Posts: 1,879
My Ride: 330
How does lighting make for better driving experience?
__________________
Davconelectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #20
YGOAMG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Riverside: Melbourne
Posts: 11,865
My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davconelectric View Post
How does lighting make for better driving experience?
LOL..
thats almost sig worthy
__________________

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use