E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #21
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
^ please wes, if you don't agree, please elaborate on the great contribution you've made to this topic

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #22
Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
^ please wes, if you don't agree, please elaborate on the great contribution you've made to this topic
You're not willing to accept that she was the cause of her own death.

Nobody forced her to show her t1ts on camera. Word got out and her reputation was ruined at her school. Ok. At that point, she should have known to delete her facebook/twitter/whatever and try to lay low. From her story, everything that happened to her was typical HS bullsh1t that kids deal with on a daily basis. She was not responsible for her own actions.

I bet she didn't even lift

Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #23
darksideracer69

My Ride: 01 325ci
^+1 especially the lift part.

IMAG02051
darksideracer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #24
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
You're not willing to accept that she was the cause of her own death.

Nobody forced her to show her t1ts on camera. Word got out and her reputation was ruined at her school. Ok. At that point, she should have known to delete her facebook/twitter/whatever and try to lay low. From her story, everything that happened to her was typical HS bullsh1t that kids deal with on a daily basis. She was not responsible for her own actions.

I bet she didn't even lift

Much better and respectful response.

It's not that I can't accept that ultimately she was responsible for killing herself. What i can't understand is the reaction from people that say "got what she deserved", "stupid b1tch, good riddance", or similar. It's all well and good for us to look back at high school when we're older and realize how stupid some of the sh1t was that we did or that we thought was important. But for the majority of people in high school, school (and the relationships they build in it) IS their life; they spend the majority of their hours while awake either in school or doing school work. I'm not willing to blame her for lacking the total perspective on life that even some adults don't achieve or lose track of when she was only 15.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:11 AM   #25
Cobra

My Ride: '00 328i & '06 R6S
the "problems" that kids face these days are laughable. many of our parents\grand parents here lived in tiny apartments with huge families, walked miles and miles to and from school, worked below minimum wage, etc; basically, they had real hardship. kids these days are fvcking stupid, with their 1st world problems.

that being said, thoughts are with the girls family. and when i have a kid, they certainly will not have a laptop or smartphone until they're mature enough.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #26
makecopies

My Ride: Gods Chariot
Sad
makecopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #27
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46325i03 View Post
Why did a 12 yr old have a webcam?

Sent from my VM670 using Bimmer App
MY 10 year old nephew has a webcam in his iMac. He uses it to record and create videos, skype and other video chat services with his friends all around the world.

Maybe we should be asking how it is that sick fvcks like this dude can walk around the earth and live a free life.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #28
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
Yes, let's blame the victim. Almost every laptop nowadays has a cam.
I"m pretty sure I would remove the webcam or if I couldn't figure out a reasonable way to remove it, I'd drill it out.

Kids can get by just fine without a webcam.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #29
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
You sound a little over protective. Instead of limiting the technology and the ways to use it, just raise your kids not to flash people on it, and not to get caught up in stupid sh!t online. If you raise your kids right, and actually care about them, most tend to grow up without incident. the others? Well, natural selection at it's finest.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #30
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Kaput, you can teach your kids. That doesn't mean you have some sort of telepathic mind control. She certainly knew what she was doing was not wise. It was an effort to get attention. And it worked... in the worst possible way. Bad parenting? That's a bit of a stretch considering the information you have.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #31
Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
Kaput, you can teach your kids. That doesn't mean you have some sort of telepathic mind control. She certainly knew what she was doing was not wise. It was an effort to get attention. And it worked... in the worst possible way. Bad parenting? That's a bit of a stretch considering the information you have.
well said. a parent is delusional if he or she believes that their kids are going to do everything right, just because they "were taught so".

what does a 12 year old need a webcam for? and what 10 year old has "friends around the world"? are we talking about e-friends? if so, that's where many internet related problems begin.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #32
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
I"m pretty sure I would remove the webcam or if I couldn't figure out a reasonable way to remove it, I'd drill it out.

Kids can get by just fine without a webcam.
a 12 year old also doesn't need a laptop, or a cell phone. Idk why people feel sorry for this girl. What an idiot. She dealt with her own consequences in her own way.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #33
brew

My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
a 12 year old also doesn't need a laptop, or a cell phone. Idk why people feel sorry for this girl. What an idiot. She dealt with her own consequences in her own way.
How is a kid supposed to do computer homework without a computer?

Maybe you could find some kind of special luddite private school where they aren't allowed to use electronics and just make wooden toys all day.
brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #34
joeski3d

Quote:
Are you a parent by any chance?

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #35
B_Cyrus
Banned User

Quote:
Are you a parent by any chance?
Unlike you, I have personal experience in the modern world.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #36
joeski3d

Quote:
Unlike you, I have personal experience in the modern world.
I have serious, and apparently legitimate, doubts of that claim.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #37
xtacy12

My Ride: its stock
Quote:
She was 12 years old. Think of the mistakes you and your peers made at that age. Yes she made a mistake left schools and her area to get away from it. It's not like she didn't make an attempt to end the mistake. It's that horrible person who followed her and ruined her life. Granted young kids always say hurtful things to each other and the next day play nice but the person who sent out the pics needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law plus more. Make an example of people like that.
CSL 1-Piece Lip | Blackout Kit | Apex EC-7 | 75mm Studs | Moteki SR48 Gold Lugs | Yellow Stoptech ST40 | KW V2 | Vorshlag Camber Plates and RSM | UUC Adjustable Rear Control Arms | RRT Reinforced Rear Subframe | AFE Super Stock Intake | JVT Headers | SGT X-Pipe | 6.5lb Titanium Muffler | FS Tune by Frank Smith
xtacy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #38
B_Cyrus
Banned User

Quote:
I have serious, and apparently legitimate, doubts of that claim.
I didn't know that you grew up during the time period where the popularity of giving children these electronics originated/grew and experienced it first hand.

My apologies.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #39
sweetbro858

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Basically some pedo sicko took advantage of a young girl's naivety and insecurity and exploited her for is own sick reasons. And the aftermath followed her everywhere she went until she couldn't stand it anymore and killed herself.

Imagine if that were your daughter...or your girlfriend when you were her age. imagine how you would feel...then maybe you won't be so damn crass about it
+ rep

if this site had rep
Old 10-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #40
Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
How is a kid supposed to do computer homework without a computer?

Maybe you could find some kind of special luddite private school where they aren't allowed to use electronics and just make wooden toys all day.
do they not use actual textbooks anymore in grade school? even if your kid does need the internet, you disable\remove webcams, and block social and chat websites. 12 year olds do not need to be on facebook, or anything social, for that matter.