E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #21
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 4,759
My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrwired View Post
This shit has nothing to do with my bimmer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Bimmer App
thank you for your very valuable input. Please come back and provide your insight more often.
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #22
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 609
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrwired View Post
This shit has nothing to do with my bimmer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Bimmer App
Then get out of the gun forum. Are you stupid or retarded?

Last edited by GasKing; 10-16-2012 at 11:35 PM.
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:22 AM   #23
Rush4theYehO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,406
My Ride: XI fts(now)
Back to home sweet home CO. After spending a year and a half in CA - I gotta say that state's gun laws are so ass backwards. Nothing there makes any sense!!
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #24
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you
 
Fisch330ciTopasBlau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 1,758
My Ride: A car.
truth
__________________

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #25
Jimmeh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 54
My Ride: 335i
Still waiting to hear back from my gun Permit...6 month waiting period after you finish all your forms / fingerprinting / references / interview.
Jimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #26
maurer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 497
My Ride: 04 Coupe
I got mine in about 2 months after sending everything in.
maurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #27
Sentaruu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 848
My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
Still waiting to hear back from my gun Permit...6 month waiting period after you finish all your forms / fingerprinting / references / interview.
what did u have to do as far as references?
__________________
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #28
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 609
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
Still waiting to hear back from my gun Permit...6 month waiting period after you finish all your forms / fingerprinting / references / interview.
Nassau or suffolk or NYPD or upstate?
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #29
Jimmeh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 54
My Ride: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
what did u have to do as far as references?
4 references from Nassau county, no 2 from the same family, non-blood related, must know them for over a year.

They had to fill out a short survey about me then the paper needed to get notarized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Nassau or suffolk or NYPD or upstate?
Nassau county, target permit only, civilian

Last edited by Jimmeh; 10-29-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Jimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #30
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,890
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
My man, keep it up. Theres a case in Westchester thats pending, outcome dosnt look good though.
Do you have any more info on this?
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #31
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Well it looks like if Obama takes office, a lot more members will be posting in this thread.
Why? I though both O and M are not changing gun laws. Am I missing something?
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #32
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,490
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
They both want more gun laws and an assault weapons ban.

What's sad is they think "automatic weapons" kill people.
They are clueless.
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #33
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,526
My Ride: reclining rear seats
I'm considering ordering my next pistol tomorrow on election day to beat the rush. Glock 17 w/ nightsights (gen 3). I originally wanted a SA XDM 9mm but for some reason I wasn't able to shoot it as well as my Glocks.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #34
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
They both want more gun laws and an assault weapons ban.

What's sad is they think "automatic weapons" kill people.
They are clueless.
Time to go spend some of that saved up cash on guns, oh what should I buy? Budget is 2k.
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #35
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,526
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nt_loader View Post
Time to go spend some of that saved up cash on guns, oh what should I buy? Budget is 2k.
Is your intent to buy something that might soon be part of an AWB?
No one knows for sure what would be impacted by a forthcoming AWB, but you can bet it will be at least what was involved before, if not more. I think with a budget of 2k you could pick up a couple of AR lowers, AK47s, plenty of mags for whatever is in your collection, etc.

If you want to spend it all on one gun, that opens up a lot more options
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #36
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 609
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nt_loader View Post
Time to go spend some of that saved up cash on guns, oh what should I buy? Budget is 2k.
2 ak's and and AR

OR an AK, and 10 AR lowers.
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #37
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Is your intent to buy something that might soon be part of an AWB?
No one knows for sure what would be impacted by a forthcoming AWB, but you can bet it will be at least what was involved before, if not more. I think with a budget of 2k you could pick up a couple of AR lowers, AK47s, plenty of mags for whatever is in your collection, etc.

If you want to spend it all on one gun, that opens up a lot more options
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
2 ak's and and AR

OR an AK, and 10 AR lowers.
I dont want to spend it all on one gun, I would like maybe 2-3 if possible. I like the AK idea, any particular model or brand? I dont know much about AK's. How about AR's, any particular model?

Ideally I would like to buy 1 AR, 1 AK, and 1 carry pistol for 2k. I already have an XD9mm and Keltec P32.

Thanks Guys
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #38
tailo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,317
My Ride: 02 330I
I'd strike a deal with a distrubitor and try to get the stripped lowers for $50 a shot. Find a FFL and trick them in to doing the transfer for one fee...dont tell them how many are coming in.

If the AWB does pass it would not be long before you could flip those for 300 each if not more. Your talking about a $10,000 profit....

Liqudate them slowly over years so your not viewed as conduction business... Want a new handgun? Sell a lower or so....

John Norrell registered every scrap of metal he could as a sear for months before the MG ban. He's setting on a couple thousand registered sears right now. ONE costs just under $9,000 now. They cost only a few cents each to make..... He's essentially a millionare many many many times over because he had the forethought to build them and not to flood the market.

Gotta think forward.

If investings not your thing $2k's not alot when it comes to buying quality. Estimate $1k for a decent entry level ar with no optics or addons. Say $600 for a basic AK... That leaves you $400 for a rather crappy pistol.

2k could buy you something nice.... Something that will last you for years and be head over heals better than anything else you can imagine. I'd invest in a NICE semi custom 1911. I dropped just over 2k on a wilson combat CQB not to long ago...one of the best pistols that I've ever had.

ORRRRRRR

Add another grand or so and your in to entry level submachine gun level.

Last edited by tailo; 11-06-2012 at 07:17 PM.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #39
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailo View Post
I'd strike a deal with a distrubitor and try to get the stripped lowers for $50 a shot. Find a FFL and trick them in to doing the transfer for one fee...dont tell them how many are coming in.

If the AWB does pass it would not be long before you could flip those for 300 each if not more. Your talking about a $10,000 profit....

Liqudate them slowly over years so your not viewed as conduction business... Want a new handgun? Sell a lower or so....

John Norrell registered every scrap of metal he could as a sear for months before the MG ban. He's setting on a couple thousand registered sears right now. ONE costs just under $9,000 now. They cost only a few cents each to make..... He's essentially a millionare many many many times over because he had the forethought to build them and not to flood the market.

Gotta think forward.

If investings not your thing $2k's not alot when it comes to buying quality. Estimate $1k for a decent entry level ar with no optics or addons. Say $600 for a basic AK... That leaves you $400 for a rather crappy pistol.

2k could buy you something nice.... Something that will last you for years and be head over heals better than anything else you can imagine. I'd invest in a NICE semi custom 1911. I dropped just over 2k on a wilson combat CQB not to long ago...one of the best pistols that I've ever had.

ORRRRRRR

Add another grand or so and your in to entry level submachine gun level.
Urgh so many choices. Im not really concerned about an investment just want to get a few more guns. However, I do like the lower idea but thats a gamble right?

Maybe ill get a 1911 and call it a day but I do need an assault rifle.
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #40
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
Ok so I decided on this list:

AK-47 with folding stock

Ruger LC9 with laser for carry

Mossberg Tactical Shotgun 12 gauge

Glock 45
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use