E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
5ickride

My Ride: E36 M3
SOLD! FS: 1991 318is M20 Swap Track Ready SOLD!

Gentlemen,

What I have here is a nicely sorted, clean specimen, E30 that's ready to be driven on either street or track.

I purchased this car in May of this year to take to the track and get back into the E30 scene (This is Emre's old car). BUT, i also purchased a house and now i'm seeing what home ownership has to offer...projects, projects, and more projects!

So, i made the difficult decision to sell my toys. Here are the specs:

Year: 1991
Model: 318is
Vin: WBAAF9313MEE74268
Ext Color: Alpine White
Int Color: Gray
Miles on Chassis: 173k (odometer works)
Miles on Motor: 60-75k
Price: $SOLD obo

I've only driven the car about 700 miles since i owned it. During my ownership here's what i've done:

-Installed powdercoated M3 offset control arm bushings.
-Changed Oil Filter and Oil with 20/50 Brad Penn
-Adjusted Valves, Replaced Valve Cover Gasket and Cam plugs
-Replaced Coolant Reservoir Cap
-Upgraded Head Bolts
-Power Steering Flush
-New Ireland Rear Sway Links
-Replace Hoses on top of tank

Highlights:
Recarco SRD seats, Alpina wheel, Hartge long-tube headers, TRM wheels, Willans harnesses, Cibie lights, etc. Lots of custom fabrication work as well: roll-bar, oil cooler, remote oil fitter housing, Accusump plumbing, new exhaust, etc.

Here is some more info that i gathered from PO when i purchased the car:

Those seats are from a Japanese-market Lancer Evolution II GSR. They're narrower than the regular Recaro SRDs and are impossible to find. Not only that, but they match the interior of the 318is perfectly (same shade of grey). I bought them for $900 from a rally guy who managed to import an Evo II before US Customs caught on. Then, in order to mount them so low in the car, I paid $200 for a fabricator to cut down and re-weld a pair of OEM sliders. I also paid an automotive upholstery guy $350 to replace the side bolsters on the passenger seat (which used to be the driver seat on this JDM car) because they had started sagging a bit.

It's basically set up as the ideal HPDE car: load up tires in the backseat, fill the trunk with tools and gear, drive to the track, have fun all weekend, and drive home. To that end, it's got urethane engine, tranny, diff, subframe, and rear shock mounts, M20 swap, rebuilt 4:10 LSD, B&M Race short-shift kit, rebult brakes, s.s. brake lines, E32 750iL brake master cylinder upgrade, new half-shafts, new wheel bearings all around, TMS wheel stud conversion, IE swaybars, new Bilstein Sports, etc. Even the R888 tires are fresh.

All the running gear is in top shape and ready for reliable use on the street and track.

Pictures:

At Guten

Some pics with Epsilon wheels

A little fun with instagram

Some pics of Emre at the track

I'm sure there's alot I forgot to include so please just ask.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by 5ickride; 11-19-2012 at 12:46 PM.
5ickride is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
M325er22

My Ride: 2001 325i
Awesome little car! I wish I could buy it. Glws sale!

Sent from my LG-P509 using Bimmer App
Old 11-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
5ickride

Thanks
Old 11-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
5ickride

Plate filler mounted two weeks ago!

Another interior shot. Clean dash.

Will take pics of engine bay and post soon.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
Dirty Mike

My Ride: Fern Green 330ci
Nice car for a great price good luck with sale man
Dirty Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
5ickride

thank you.