E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)

Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)
Xenon lighting, HID kits, fog lights, BMW head units, navigation, speakers, subwoofers, In Car Electronics (I.C.E.), carputers, DDEs, angle eyes, halos, LED tail lights, interior lighting, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
jack.chris328
Modded ///Member

My Ride: is a truck.
FS: OEM Bi-Xenon Headlights - Complete

The original set I had posted up here have been sold. But I have another set that is available. They are currently set up for a facelift sedan. No missing or repaired tabs on them. There is one small section of the upper inner mounting tab on the passenger side light that is missing. Will not affect fitment(see pictures below). The shrouds have some marks on them from a previously having angle eyes. These have brand new lenses on them. All electronics are included. Selling this set for $670.00 shipped. If you need some set up for a coupe or an M3 like shown in the last picture let me know.

Last edited by jack.chris328; 12-01-2012 at 10:00 PM.
jack.chris328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
jack.chris328
Modded ///Member

Old 10-26-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
the xecutionr

My Ride: Imola M3 Vert
Are these direct plug an play? No dash lights, no codes, auto leveling will work?

Sent from my EVO using Bimmer App

THE ONLY THING I FEAR IS FAILURE, AND FAILURE IS NEVER AN OPTION. GO HARD OR GO HOME.
the xecutionr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
jack.chris328
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the xecutionr View Post
Are these direct plug an play? No dash lights, no codes, auto leveling will work?

If you already had Bi-xenons from the factory. Then yes. If you are upgrading from halogens. Then no. There are no OEM lights that would just be straight plug and play. You will either have to get your LCM flashed to let in know that it now has xenon's or you will have to install inline cancelers to eliminate the dash light. I have cancelers available also. Then the self leveling there is no lights that are just plug and play for that. These have the capability for that option. But there are two sensors that need be put on the lower control arms front and rear. Then need to be wired into the LCM and the lights. Then the self leveling would function. Plus the car may need to be flashed for that option to start working.

Can I set you up with some plug and play xenons? Yes. But self leveling would be additional work. I do have the sensors and mounting brackets available also, if you really wanted to go that far.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
the xecutionr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack.chris328 View Post
If you already had Bi-xenons from the factory. Then yes. If you are upgrading from halogens. Then no. There are no OEM lights that would just be straight plug and play. You will either have to get your LCM flashed to let in know that it now has xenon's or you will have to install inline cancelers to eliminate the dash light. I have cancelers available also. Then the self leveling there is no lights that are just plug and play for that. These have the capability for that option. But there are two sensors that need be put on the lower control arms front and rear. Then need to be wired into the LCM and the lights. Then the self leveling would function. Plus the car may need to be flashed for that option to start working.

Can I set you up with some plug and play xenons? Yes. But self leveling would be additional work. I do have the sensors and mounting brackets available also, if you really wanted to go that far.
What if i also changed my lcm.. would the auto on on the new lcm work automatically and cancel out all of the lights? Sorry for all the questions just looking for info before i try to make the switch

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Bimmer App

THE ONLY THING I FEAR IS FAILURE, AND FAILURE IS NEVER AN OPTION. GO HARD OR GO HOME.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #6
jack.chris328
Modded ///Member

Quote:
What if i also changed my lcm.. would the auto on on the new lcm work automatically and cancel out all of the lights? Sorry for all the questions just looking for info before i try to make the switch

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Bimmer App
If you changed your LCM that would negate the need to get it flashed and there would be no lights on the dash. I would assume the auto-on feature would be set already and would function. Not 100% positive on that though. But a couple things about changing the LCM. There is a tamper light on the LCM. It is my understanding that it is linked to the cluster so if one is changed without the other the light will come on, on the LCM. That is just hear/read say. Haven't had the chance to do that swap yet. Then also if you get a bi-xenon LCM the high beams will not work as you would expect. It will only work as the flash to pass feature. There would need to be another set of wires added to actuate the bi-xenon solenoid. That would have to run from the LCM to the lights. As halogens don't have that wire installed. There is other ways to get the bi-xenon function to work. PM me if you want to go further into how to set it up.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
the xecutionr

Quote:
If you changed your LCM that would negate the need to get it flashed and there would be no lights on the dash. I would assume the auto-on feature would be set already and would function. Not 100% positive on that though. But a couple things about changing the LCM. There is a tamper light on the LCM. It is my understanding that it is linked to the cluster so if one is changed without the other the light will come on, on the LCM. That is just hear/read say. Haven't had the chance to do that swap yet. Then also if you get a bi-xenon LCM the high beams will not work as you would expect. It will only work as the flash to pass feature. There would need to be another set of wires added to actuate the bi-xenon solenoid. That would have to run from the LCM to the lights. As halogens don't have that wire installed. There is other ways to get the bi-xenon function to work. PM me if you want to go further into how to set it up.
This is starting to sound like its gonna be a pain in the balls

Old 10-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #8
jack.chris328
Modded ///Member

Quote:
This is starting to sound like its gonna be a pain in the balls

lol. Its not that bad. It depends on how deep you want to go. Really in about and hour or two(depending on skill level) you can have working xenon lights installed in your car. They will function just the same as the light you have now except much brighter. lol. With no dash lights.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #9
the xecutionr

Quote:
lol. Its not that bad. It depends on how deep you want to go. Really in about and hour or two(depending on skill level) you can have working xenon lights installed in your car. They will function just the same as the light you have now except much brighter. lol. With no dash lights.
I have zenons now in my halogens which imo are way brighter than projectors but i like the updated look of the projectors and i just want them to work like oem

Old 10-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #10
jack.chris328
Modded ///Member

Quote:
I have zenons now in my halogens which imo are way brighter than projectors but i like the updated look of the projectors and i just want them to work like oem

O.k. Well, there is some ideas. I am sure everyone else would appreciate you putting projectors in.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #11
jack.chris328
Modded ///Member

Old 11-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #12
jack.chris328
Modded ///Member

Old 11-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
Kingsbury

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330i
Do you have part numbers? I am looking to repair/replace both head lights on an 2002 330i with the facelift.
Kingsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #14
jack.chris328
Modded ///Member

These ones shown here will not fit. But I have a set that will fit a facelift sedan. I can PM you some pictures.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #15
Kingsbury

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330i
Sure, I primarily need the lens and housing (Left and Right). Let Me know what you have. Part # and pictures would be great. Thanks.
Kingsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #16
jack.chris328
Modded ///Member

Bump
Old 11-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #17
labrador3color

My Ride: 2004 325i Sport Pkg
Will these work on a 2004 325i with xenon. Original headlights in good order with new ZKW lenses and lamp but light is poor as original ZKW reflectors are burned. If you deal in these I can certainly return the existing units.
labrador3color is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #18
jack.chris328
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by labrador3color View Post
Will these work on a 2004 325i with xenon. Original headlights in good order with new ZKW lenses and lamp but light is poor as original ZKW reflectors are burned. If you deal in these I can certainly return the existing units.
These won't work in the current state they are in. But I will PM you with an option.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #19
briangl92

My Ride: A08 ZSP ZPP SULEV
Would you consider $400? I don't need the outer lens or the interior trim.

I'm willing to pay for the PayPal fees and shipping on top of that. PM me please

Last edited by briangl92; 11-26-2012 at 10:42 PM.
briangl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #20
afstud

My Ride: 2003 ZHP 6-speed
those will work on a sedan, you just have to swap the interior trim piece and lenses