E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)

Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)
Xenon lighting, HID kits, fog lights, BMW head units, navigation, speakers, subwoofers, In Car Electronics (I.C.E.), carputers, DDEs, angle eyes, halos, LED tail lights, interior lighting, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
e36-2.0

My Ride: 330xi
FS: OEM BMW iPod connection

Sold

'02 330xi
Konigsport/Ground Control/DPE/BMW Motorsport/Eurosport/Turner Motorsport/PowerFlex/RacingDynamics/Hotchkis/UUC/Beisan/Bimmerworld/Dinan/Conforti/RPI/GroupN/Technik/Dynavin

Alberta's BMW enthusiast forum.
-Projecttechnik.com

Last edited by e36-2.0; 02-20-2014 at 03:16 PM.
e36-2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #2
CanadaMikey

My Ride: 2004 e46 330xi
still available?

Do you have a picture?
Does it have a connector for the current iphone 5?

Thanks
CanadaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
fear330

My Ride: 330ci coupe
Does this include the necessary cables? My '04 330ci is wired for CD changer in the trunk (no changer ever installed), does this unit tap into that? Else, does it tap into the back of the "Business" cd player in dash? Any pics?

Thanks, very interested -

Rich
fear330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
Rsteen12

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
FS: OEM BMW iPod connection

Pics?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Rsteen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:01 PM   #5
e36-2.0

My Ride: 330xi
Here's a pic. Sorry for the delay Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1389747677.586351.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	542672

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

'02 330xi
Konigsport/Ground Control/DPE/BMW Motorsport/Eurosport/Turner Motorsport/PowerFlex/RacingDynamics/Hotchkis/UUC/Beisan/Bimmerworld/Dinan/Conforti/RPI/GroupN/Technik/Dynavin

Alberta's BMW enthusiast forum.
-Projecttechnik.com
e36-2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:28 PM   #6
drewseim

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330xi
Inbox full:
Shipping cost to US (55446)? Also, do you have both cables? I'm assuming you routed to glove box? Did this charge your ipod/iphone as well? Full control through hu and steering wheels? Like track skipping, etc? Thanks
drewseim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:07 AM   #7
richinvan

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
If you'll do $70 shipped to Vancouver and we can skip the PP and use Interac Email Xfer - I'll take it.
richinvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:16 PM   #8
richinvan

Payment sent - thanks!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:47 PM   #9
richinvan

Payment was sent on the 14th. OP said he would ship on the weekend. He has not responded to my multiple PMs with any tracking info or any updates as to status since his PM confirming receipt of payment.

OP, where are you? Please respond.

Last edited by richinvan; 02-18-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:14 PM   #10
richinvan

Still no reply from OP.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:42 AM   #11
richinvan

Just in case anyone who stumbles across this thread wonders: OP finally sent me an update: despite telling me he'd ship on the weekend, he's told me it shipped out today, due to "having to go away for the weekend."
Old 03-03-2014, 02:21 PM   #12
richinvan

Product finally received last week - and it's missing one of the two *required* cables to use it.
Came with the iPod cable, but no cable to hook it into the stereo - and OP's mailbox is full so I am unable to reach him.

What a cluster-****.

Last edited by richinvan; 03-03-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:44 PM   #13
richinvan

OP's mailbox continues to be full. I can't send him this message:

You sold me an incomplete unit. How am I supposed to connect the unit to the radio *without the second cable*?

I had to buy a new one from a US online dealer - it was $25.93 USD + $9.45 shipping.

I am requesting that you split the cost of this cable with me. Total was $35.38. Half of that is $17.69 USD. Make it $20 even to cover exchange and hassle.

You can send it via Interac to (redacted email).

If you're not willing to meet me in the middle here, I'm sending it back and you can refund me.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #14
Taurev

My Ride: '01 325i
Maybe I'm wrong, not sure since OP edited the original post and removed all info, but I'm almost positive the listing specified that the cable you're referring to was not included.

Otherwise I would've bought this myself quite a while ago...

Are you sure you read the listing?
Taurev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:28 PM   #15
richinvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurev View Post
Maybe I'm wrong, not sure since OP edited the original post and removed all info, but I'm almost positive the listing specified that the cable you're referring to was not included.

Otherwise I would've bought this myself quite a while ago...

Are you sure you read the listing?
I seem to recall him saying in an edited version of the post that the cables were included.

...but if that wasn't the case - then omitting the fact that one of the two required cables was missing isn't exactly the most honest of sales tactics.

"I'm selling this OEM iPod adapter - only the iPod cable is included, not the radio interface cable." <- honest and complete.

"I'm selling an OEM iPod adapter" <- not really very honest, and even then it still isn't true, you can't have an iPod adapter without all the pieces.

It is what it is: I paid him via bank transfer, so there's no recourse for me. I already ordered a replacement cable. If *I* were selling something, and the buyer wasn't satisfied, I'd do my best to work something out.

I've made him what I think is a fair proposal - he can tell me to shove it if he likes... but for me? $20 isn't worth an unhappy buyer if I were the seller.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #16
Taurev

My Ride: '01 325i
I haven't kept up with all the edits and updates, I just wanted to mention that I thought it originally stated that one cable was not included.

Not trying to take sides or anything, just giving some info 'cause I thought I remembered seeing this thread in the past.
Taurev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:10 PM   #17
richinvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurev View Post
I haven't kept up with all the edits and updates, I just wanted to mention that I thought it originally stated that one cable was not included.

Not trying to take sides or anything, just giving some info 'cause I thought I remembered seeing this thread in the past.
Yep - well, all I can say is that if it did say that, I never would have bought it, as there were comparable units for sale on eBay at the time (I checked) for about the same price, with cables. I bought off the guy since he was in Canada which meant I didn't have to get it shipped to my mail drop in the US or deal with border/customs delays.

Anyway, it is what it is. Being out about $35 isn't going to ruin my day... but after hundreds of successful transactions on BfC and buying and selling on eBay, sometimes things don't go perfectly. I'll live.

Last edited by richinvan; 03-04-2014 at 09:11 PM.