E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average. Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #41
Bayerische E46

My Ride: -
I rarely post on this forum, but I've known about Navin for many many years and am familiar with his threads and story. I think it's about time I at least posted in one of his threads and this seems like the appropriate one in which to do so.

Navin, from what I can tell, you're a wonderful father/husband and someone who can somehow find the strength to smile during the toughest of times - AND MEAN IT. In short, you're a phenomenal man; one who most of us should strive to be like. I don't think they make 'em like you any more, bud. Absolutely brilliant.

Last edited by Bayerische E46; 10-25-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Bayerische E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #42
limpiabota809

My Ride: 330 XI
great story, beautiful car
limpiabota809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #43
DJ Syxx

My Ride: BMW M3
Good story both about yourself and the car.

Only thing I would change is lower the front more and its perfect.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #44
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
navin - not everyone is going to say great car and great story - you cannot get upset if they dont give you positive feedback/attention
Old 10-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #45
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Navin: congrats buddy! I'd be shocked if this was the first time you're car was an E46F feature! After reading this, I almost feel guilty about trying to drink/eat myself to heart failure. Almost.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #46
sammk

My Ride: Bone-stock E92
+10000000 pts for a positive outlook and optimism.. Congrats on a nice car (and a beautiful family)!

E92 convert. BMW Fanatic.
sammk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #47
E46Cherry

My Ride: 2003 M3
Great story! Very inspiring! Hope you continue to live a very happy and strong life! Great E46 as well!!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:31 AM   #48
rares

My Ride: 02 S54
Send a message via AIM to rares Send a message via Yahoo to rares Send a message via Skype™ to rares
VERY inspiring, absolutely gawjuss ride... props to you sir...
Old 10-26-2012, 06:36 AM   #49
steve bettencourt

My Ride: 2003 m3
Its nice you did your 323 to your taste ,if we all did our cars the same then no one would go to the shows, I would not touch the exterior of my M3 I love the way the car look from the factory with the bbs ch 19" on,and coil overs is installed 10m lower thats it(all the best to you and your family again )
steve bettencourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #50
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
I've seen your car a bunch of times on here and never really liked the way it was styled. I did not want to come into this thread or any other thread and sh*t on your car because I admire you and your story. However, now that I fully understand why you modded it in a "flashy" way (which by the way isn't as flashy so as to be distasteful), and have the carbon fiber connection with the car and what's inside your body that saved you, I have utmost respect for you and what you've done here. I love that you created the car to bring attention to draw people into become more aware of Heart defects and disease. You've obviously been through a hell of a lot and your wife and kids are thankful every day you are there for them, I am sure!

Now, if you really wanted to draw some more serious attention to heart awareness, try doing this next time (*sorry*):

HAa! now, would you mind sharing with us what exactly the carbon fiber that's in you does and how it helped your heart? I was unaware this kind of technology even existed for surgeries. Thanks Nav!
Old 10-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #51
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

My Ride: See Sig
Thank you all for the wonderful feedback!! I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
navin - not everyone is going to say great car and great story - you cannot get upset if they dont give you positive feedback/attention
I wasn't upset at all. People are entitled to their opinions and I respect them. I merely gave clarification as to why I disagreed about the whole "it's too aggressive for a 323i but would be ok if it's a 330/M3" which to me makes no sense as worded... simply stating my opinion as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
I've seen your car a bunch of times on here and never really liked the way it was styled. I did not want to come into this thread or any other thread and sh*t on your car because I admire you and your story. However, now that I fully understand why you modded it in a "flashy" way (which by the way isn't as flashy so as to be distasteful), and have the carbon fiber connection with the car and what's inside your body that saved you, I have utmost respect for you and what you've done here. I love that you created the car to bring attention to draw people into become more aware of Heart defects and disease. You've obviously been through a hell of a lot and your wife and kids are thankful every day you are there for them, I am sure!

Now, if you really wanted to draw some more serious attention to heart awareness, try doing this next time (*sorry*):

HAa! now, would you mind sharing with us what exactly the carbon fiber that's in you does and how it helped your heart? I was unaware this kind of technology even existed for surgeries. Thanks Nav!
No chrome for me... I'll stick to Atlantis Metallic paint.

Thank you so much for the kind words. In answer to your question my valves are made of carbon fiber but have other components inside me that are titanium, goretex, and electronic which allow me to go in for software updates periodically (i.e. my pacemaker). Not sure if you're old enough to remember the Six Million Dollar Man, but that was my favorite show back when I was a little kid in the 70s and it's ironic that I eventually got mechanical/electronic parts inside me as well... sadly my components don't make the cool bionic sound like in that TV show, lol.

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 2000 323i

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel

Last edited by Navin323i; 10-26-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Navin323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #52
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
Thank you all for the wonderful feedback!! I really appreciate it.

I wasn't upset at all. People are entitled to their opinions and I respect them. I merely gave clarification as to why I disagreed about the whole "it's too aggressive for a 323i but would be ok if it's a 330/M3" which to me makes no sense as worded... simply stating my opinion as well.

No chrome for me... I'll stick to Atlantis Metallic paint.

Thank you so much for the kind words. In answer to your question my valves are made of carbon fiber but have other components inside me that are titanium, goretex, and electronic which allow me to go in for software updates periodically (i.e. my pacemaker). Not sure if you're old enough to remember the Six Million Dollar Man, but that was my favorite show back when I was a little kid in the 70s and it's ironic that I eventually got mechanical/electronic parts inside me as well... sadly my components don't make the cool bionic sound like in that TV show, lol.
Holy craap! That is crazy. I deal with the FDA and medical devices with the company I work for, so I can tell you that the quality requirements for medical devices are very, very thorough. Your setup sounds incredibly advanced, thank God for technological progress!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #53
///MPR77

My Ride: 02 ///M3 Tri-Ped
Edit.

Bewahren Sie ihre ultimative fahrmaschine

Last edited by ///MPR77; 10-26-2012 at 09:35 PM.
///MPR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #54
gselsidi

My Ride: 2005 325i M56
i just bought my first bmw today from a guy named Navin haha
gselsidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #55
VG1134
Old City Bimmer

My Ride: Classifieds
Awesome story. Love pics of the car. Can relate to your story.
Our heart is our super charged engine.
VG1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #56
Krystian_E46

My Ride: E46 M3,AA3 ZHP,S544D
Send a message via AIM to Krystian_E46 Send a message via Skype™ to Krystian_E46
Congrats on the feature Navin its well deserved car is beautiful

Owner of many E46's :)
[Currently own 2004 M3, 2005 AA 2.5 Kit ZHP(SOLD), S54 Sedan, 01 330ci and 1 Coupe 1 Sedan 1 E46 M3 parts cars]

Krystian_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #57
monkawekrue

My Ride: 03 M3 CB/04 M3 AW
car is nice. a very sexy color for sure.
monkawekrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #58
steel gray 325i

My Ride: 325i
Its alright I would change the hood..looks chachi..and would change the wheels...I do like the black wheel I dea..
Sent from my SPH-M920 using Bimmer App
steel gray 325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #59
G-Hots

My Ride: ///M3 & 328ci & X3
Send a message via AIM to G-Hots Send a message via MSN to G-Hots
It was a pleasure meeting you at Bimmerfest East 2011 Navin
G-Hots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:24 AM   #60
Phlipofthe650

My Ride: E46 M3
Touching story, and a very beautiful car. Good luck in all of your future endeavors, my friend!

"The Secret to Edutainment is to take Hip Hop beyond Entertainment, leave Baby Land."

-KRS
Phlipofthe650 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ac schnitzer, atlantis metallic, bimmerfest east, brembo, carbon fiber, e46, e46 forum, e46fanatics, europrojektz, navin323i, vorsteiner