E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2016, 06:32 PM   #1
Mikedigrazia

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Need help in OC, oil housing gasket

This is my first post so not sure how it works, my apologies in advanced if something is wrong. But, I'm looking for somebody who has experience in changing the seal in an oil housing because I am not comfortable completing that task myself as I'm very new to the car scene. I'm willing to pay for help as I am not willing to pay upwards of $300 just for labor for a seal replacement. Please let me know if you know anyone that can help or have any advice.
Mikedigrazia is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:15 PM   #2
Mikedigrazia

Need help in Orange County, Oil gasket replacement

This is my first post so not sure how it works, my apologies in advanced if something is wrong. But, I'm looking for somebody who has experience in changing the seal in an oil housing because I am not comfortable completing that task myself as I'm very new to the car scene. I'm willing to pay for help as I am not willing to pay upwards of $300 just for labor for a seal replacement. Please let me know if you know anyone that can help or have any advice. Located in Orange County Ca.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:23 PM   #3
Mflara20

My Ride: 04 330i
Is really easy. There's some diy videos of how to do it

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
Mflara20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:27 PM   #4
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
by oil gasket do you mean the oil filter housing gasket? or the valve cover gasket or the oil pan gasket?
Old 05-19-2016, 06:48 PM   #5
Mikedigrazia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
by oil gasket do you mean the oil filter housing gasket? or the valve cover gasket or the oil pan gasket?

The oil housing gasket. I have no experience what so ever and would be happy to pay somebody that has experience with this process and can help.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:40 PM   #6
frink84

My Ride: 01 325iT/97 318ti
Where in south OC are you at? Do you have space/tools to do the work? I've done this job, its pretty easy.
frink84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:19 PM   #7
Querious

My Ride: 2001 E46, M54 (330i)
Pm me... I just did this replacement and am from south OC.
Querious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:10 PM   #8
Mikedigrazia

Quote:
Originally Posted by frink84 View Post
Where in south OC are you at? Do you have space/tools to do the work? I've done this job, its pretty easy.
No i do not have the tools or space. I am located in Ladera Ranch but will drive a little to get this done. Just looking for someone with experience who is willing to help.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:07 PM   #9
Querious

You can do it.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:09 PM   #10
Querious

If you still need help you can ask Mikedigrazia anyone else or me(in south oc too). I just did this repair on my car, and I'm a newb. it's pretty ez.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:12 PM   #11
Mikedigrazia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Querious View Post
If you still need help you can ask Mikedigrazia anyone else or me(in south oc too). I just did this repair on my car, and I'm a newb. it's pretty ez.
I know multiple are telling me I can do it myself, but I'm not willing to do so considering this would be the first thing I've ever done myself on my car. To clarify, I'm young and just bought this as my first car, sure some people will say it's a dumb first car for a teenager. But, I'm willing to put in a little work. Just don't want to mess anything up as I don't have an endless supply of money if I screw something up. Looking for somebody who has done this before and can help and or teach me to do it.