E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
NMAN85

My Ride: '02 M3 Convertible
Question AA Gen 7 Supercharger Inquiry

So I'm looking into getting the Gen 7 supercharger with all it's extras to make sure my car is on point. What's the best way for me to handle this? Can I ship my car to AA and have the company do all the installs? What's the cost like? I'm all about getting my whole car filled with AA tweeks and goodies (header included). Can anyone give me a decent breakdown to go by? Also, will AA fix/reinforce anything the find to be a possible issue before installing?

Thanks
EXTERIOR: Orion V4, Retrofit Folding Mirrors, Smoked Tail & Turning Signals
TBC.....
NMAN85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
Sweed

My Ride: 07 6.0L / 04 M3
This might help a little, some people just like the pros to handle it but you get a lot of self gratification from doing the install your self, well i did any way.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...m3+hks+install

Cheers

Last edited by Sweed; 10-25-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
jonny_blaze

My Ride: E46 M3 AA HKS S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMAN85 View Post
So I'm looking into getting the Gen 7 supercharger with all it's extras to make sure my car is on point. What's the best way for me to handle this? Can I ship my car to AA and have the company do all the installs? What's the cost like? I'm all about getting my whole car filled with AA tweeks and goodies (header included). Can anyone give me a decent breakdown to go by? Also, will AA fix/reinforce anything the find to be a possible issue before installing?

Thanks
First off...Congrats! You are going to love it. I am in love with my setup on my cab running the full AA exhaust system. Damn does she scream.

The best way to handle it is either get MaxPSI to install it in NJ (as I read your in NY) or take it direct to AA and let Viral and Scrappy handle it for you. It would be best to have the car there for tuning adjustments that may be needed IMO.

My work is an AA dealer and installer. We have actually sent 2 of our euro E36 M M powered cars to have custom kits done by them. I have never felt more comfortable leaving cars somewhere, and not even my own family drives my cars.

AA can look over and address any issues you may have while it is there, have you seen the facility? Top notch.

Viral arranged transportation from our door to theirs and back in a breeze.

As far as what else to do:

Suspension check over (Who wants all that power and worn suspension?)
Brake check over (BBK not needed but great upgrade or even to CSL)

If you are like me, make sure you have a windscreen because top speed runs with the top down is fun! 300km/h happens real fast from 120km/h
jonny_blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
NMAN85

Ugh

Dude...if I had a garage i would definitely takle this install on my own but I only have a decently long driveway . But nice thread tho...I'm jealous. I love doing things on my own because i'm a bit OCD lol. Thanks tho bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
This might help a little, some people just like the pros to handle it but you get a lot of self gratification from doing the install your self, well i did any way.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...m3+hks+install

Cheers
TBC.....
Old 10-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
NMAN85

Cool Thanks Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze View Post
First off...Congrats! You are going to love it. I am in love with my setup on my cab running the full AA exhaust system. Damn does she scream.

The best way to handle it is either get MaxPSI to install it in NJ (as I read your in NY) or take it direct to AA and let Viral and Scrappy handle it for you. It would be best to have the car there for tuning adjustments that may be needed IMO.

My work is an AA dealer and installer. We have actually sent 2 of our euro E36 M M powered cars to have custom kits done by them. I have never felt more comfortable leaving cars somewhere, and not even my own family drives my cars.

AA can look over and address any issues you may have while it is there, have you seen the facility? Top notch.

Viral arranged transportation from our door to theirs and back in a breeze.

As far as what else to do:

Suspension check over (Who wants all that power and worn suspension?)
Brake check over (BBK not needed but great upgrade or even to CSL)

If you are like me, make sure you have a windscreen because top speed runs with the top down is fun! 300km/h happens real fast from 120km/h
I think I will drive over to MaxPSI first and see what their recommendations are. I have a friend who works for Precision Turbo who recommended me to them...so I guess they are the real deal. I don't entrust my baby to just anyone! Of course I also want to do it the cheapest way possible lol
TBC.....
Old 10-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
NMAN85

ALSO...For this supercharger, is there a way to upgrade the "turbo" that comes with?
TBC.....
Old 10-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
braymond141

My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
ALSO...For this supercharger, is there a way to upgrade the "turbo" that comes with?
What?

It's either Supercharger or Turbo, two completely different things. You're going to have to clarify.

Last edited by braymond141; 10-27-2012 at 01:01 PM.
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #8
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:

Thanks
Hello NMAN85,

Thank you so much for the post, I am glad to see that you are interested in our Active Autowerke Generation 7 Supercharger Kit for your E46 M3. You have several options available for getting this handled from complete shipping packages directly to us or having one of our Authorized Installers in the area getting this system strapped to your M3. I will send you a PM with all the goodies and recommendations.
Phone: 305.233.9300 Ext. 232 | Fax: 305-253-8921
Viral@ActiveAutowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #9
NMAN85

More Inquiry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Hello NMAN85,

Thank you so much for the post, I am glad to see that you are interested in our Active Autowerke Generation 7 Supercharger Kit for your E46 M3. You have several options available for getting this handled from complete shipping packages directly to us or having one of our Authorized Installers in the area getting this system strapped to your M3. I will send you a PM with all the goodies and recommendations.
SO another question...I'm sure you guys would recommend I get the AA headers right? Do you guys have high-flow-cats for the E46 M3? Or what would you recommend other than Super Sprints cats?
TBC.....
Old 11-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #10
ryryde

My Ride: 2002 C/B M3
Yea man your going to love it cant even consider driving a car with less HP now lol. When i did my stage 2 it was the gen 6 and then upgraded to 7 for like 2 grand. But i had my install done down in Orlando at PSI which is a great shop and solid group of guys. When they couldn't figure out what was going on with when i went to pick it up Frank let me drive his HPF 2.5 for a couple days till i could come back (O2 sensors were backwards from a previous ebay install). But i got the AA headers, AA clutch and flywheel (which i would recommend the hpf clutch if you want a regular clutch feel), a custom gauge cluster under the radio (A/F, Boost, S/C oil temp) and with install cost around like 20k if i remember right. They also did my sub-frame reinforcement for 1.5k. hope that helps but im sure there are some places up in NY that are retailers. i know AA has a list on their website. Hope that helps a little
02 CB/Blk M3 - AA stage 2 gen 7 SC, AA headers, AA clutch/flywheel, RE Rasp Pipe, RE X-pipe, RE El Diablo, KW V2, Brembo BBK, UUC short shifter, 19" Miro competition rims, CSL Front bumper, diffuser, full CF trunk, CF GTR hood

ryryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #11
triksterut

My Ride: 05 M3 Vert
I did the gamut - started with a Gen6 1.5 kit and then upgraded to a Gen7 2 kit. Support and customer service have been great. Build quality top notch. The active exhaust is awesome stuff. I went with Agency Power Headers then had them ceramic coated. I also got a new section 1 with race cats with my old Dinan exhaust. Sounds great

You're going to want headers and either no cats or race cats with that Stage 2.
triksterut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
DenaliXTC

My Ride: S/C M3, 745i, X5M
Send a message via AIM to DenaliXTC
Quote:
I think I will drive over to MaxPSI first and see what their recommendations are. I have a friend who works for Precision Turbo who recommended me to them...so I guess they are the real deal. I don't entrust my baby to just anyone! Of course I also want to do it the cheapest way possible lol
maxPSI did my install on stg 1.5 and then I ordered the stage 2 gen 7 from them and they installed it for me, def take the trip. Love the kit.

Active Autowerkes Gen 7 Stage 2 | Evosport | Vorsteiner | DPE | Supersprint | Rogue Eng.
Brembo 6pot 355/4pot 345 | Dinan 3.91 | HKS | HPF | Custom GTR | Radar Mirror | Leatherz | Beemer Evolution

LSB/Cinn M3 490 RWHP superflow dyno
2011 X5 M White/Blk Vorsteiner
2005 CTS-V 549rwhp/524rwtq all motor
2013 JCW MINI Cooper hardloaded
DenaliXTC is offline   Reply With Quote