E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 12:28 AM   #1
wamwam

My Ride: altima
Unhappy Road Rage Hit & Run Accident On PCH Involving BMW. Information WANTED.

UPDATED PICTURE!! Hey all, thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much for all your information so far. You can't imagine how appreciative I am. So I had a friend run that blurry picture of the car that got away I had through Photoshop CC's new blur reduction feature and, while it's not perfect, it does seem like it was able to discern that the first character in the license plate is a '5'. a bit of imagination and the next two seem like they could be '46.' Thought I'd pass this along. Here it is:
http://i.imgur.com/8iJ2BWy.png

-----

I was involved in an accident today. And the guy the caused it, got away (http://i.imgur.com/O4Qweq5.jpg). It's a MESSED up situation. And I was hoping you guys might be able to help.

It happened on Pacific Coast Highway and Carbon Canyon Blvd in Malibu at about 2:15pm today. A black heavily customized BMW (I believe M3) was weaving in and out of traffic and once it got behind me, it apparently wasn't too happy that I was going speed limit. He flashed his lights, I instinctively slowed down hoping he'd just go around me, I don't think he liked that. I couldn't really go much faster as there's traffic, so I slowed down with the intention of getting into the center lane once it was reasonably safe to rid this guy. But I saw a left turn lane at a light up above for Carbon Canyon, so once I approached it about 1/8 mile later, him still riding my bumper, I slowed down and got into the left turn lane hoping he's go right by. Instead, he slowed down, yelled some stuff, I threw my hands up like 'what else do you want me to do?' I think that teed him off even more. I slowed down more in the left turn lane, again hoping he'd just go by, but instead he sped up just enough to get in front of me, threw his wheels left. Cut me off. Stopped in traffic, with half his car in the fast lane, half his car in the left turn lane in front of me. He physically got out of the car and started approaching me.

Shirtless.

Tattooed all OVER his body.

Tanned.

Filipino or Asian or Hispanic looking. Was hard to tell as everything moved so fast.

Needless to say, I was more than a bit spooked. I tried getting back around his car and into traffic to get away from this madman. He literally ran after me on foot, and as I went into traffic to get away, I almost had to cross two lanes since he was blocking two, and I ended up slamming into a tow truck (insert irony joke here).

Anyway, once he saw the accident and what he caused, he ran back into his car and took off. My first instinct was to get my car to the side of the road. My second instinct was to try to take a picture. Quickly. I'm a photographer and was coming back from a job so had a few cameras in the seat next to me. I grabbed the closest one, and all shook up, snapped one. It was all I was able to get before he was way too far out of reach. All I was able to snap once I got my car out of the road was this blurry shot in this link: http://i.imgur.com/O4Qweq5.jpg

Sucks.

I KNOW people saw him and the event. Several. If you know ANYONE that might have seen it or might have been in that area at 2:15pm today, please please PLEASE let me know. There were a few home surveillance cameras and I approached the homeowners, but none of them were angled enough to catch the action. So no luck. All I have is the fireman's word from the fire station across the street who saw the aftermath, including the guy that took off, and the guy that I hit, who saw the guy take off as well. Please please PLEASE help if you have anything that might be of assistance. This is screwed. The road raged jerk that caused it, got away. Meanwhile, I'm stuck with a car that I can't drive, a deductible I can't afford, and no rental car coverage on my insurance policy, meaning, well, as a photographer, I have to have a car to get to various locations, and, I can't get one.

Luckily, physically, both myself and the other driver were ok.

Anyway, just thought I'd give this community a shot. Needless to say, I'm not trying to go after this guy, he was obviously someone I don't want anything to ever do with, all I'm looking for is information that I can provide the police in order to include that in the police reports so that I don't get dinged anymore than I'm already being so. Heck, even if I never hear from you and you go right to the police with the information, that would be incredible, just let me know and I'll send you the police report case#.

I make little to no money, live in a tiny hole in the hills, and this entire situation puts me out of work for a few weeks without wheels and I'm just looking to try to minimize the effect it has on my own personal life in those regards.

Thank you in advance for anything. Anything at all that might help.

Here's the only shot I was able to snap: http://i.imgur.com/O4Qweq5.jpg
Here's what happened to my car: http://i.imgur.com/I0LHIVL.jpg
Here's the location: https://goo.gl/maps/RmPtC_a_

Last edited by wamwam; 06-13-2014 at 09:59 PM. Reason: updated picture of car that got away.
wamwam is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
MalibuMafiaV

My Ride: SCed E46 & E60 M5
Sorry that happened bro. I live right down the street from there 2mins. I'll keep my eye out for that car and get any info I can to help. Honestly I think I might know where that car is garaged. It's a condo complex right next to Nobu I would start there. If not it's most likely a pepperdine student.
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
MalibuMafiaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #3
wamwam

Thumbs Up Thank you!

Thank you SO much for that information MalibuMafiaV. Any bits are super helpful to try to piece this together. So appreciated.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:19 PM   #4
erickonphoenix

My Ride: 2004 325i Touring
As unfortunate a situation as it is. If you drove into another vehicle they will find you at fault pretty much no matter what the circumstances. In Texas they call it "failure to control vehicle" and this ticket covers everything under the sun. If your not comfortable trying to calm a road rager down then call 911 and report an aggressive driver has stopped you in traffic. Believe it or not that's an emergency.

I think WAZE you add road rager their list of reports.

Last edited by erickonphoenix; 06-11-2014 at 02:20 PM.
erickonphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
wamwam

Last edited by wamwam; 06-11-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #6
wamwam

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonphoenix View Post
As unfortunate a situation as it is. If you drove into another vehicle they will find you at fault pretty much no matter what the circumstances. In Texas they call it "failure to control vehicle" and this ticket covers everything under the sun. If your not comfortable trying to calm a road rager down then call 911 and report an aggressive driver has stopped you in traffic. Believe it or not that's an emergency.

I think WAZE you add road rager their list of reports.
Thank you for your note erickonphoenix. I totally understand your position and that they may find me at fault. But really this is all about assessing how much liability. I wish I could have calmed him down, but when a tattooed shirtless scary looking guy parks his car across two lanes of moving traffic and gets out and comes out after you on foot, well, survival instinct kicks in and that doesn't include trying to reason with a human, let alone open my window or get out of my car. Come to think of it, this accident could have very well saved my brains from being scattered across PCH. 911 would not have gotten there in time to save me from that. Not to mention, 911 was called right when the accident happened and it took them almost 2 hours to show up as it is.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #7
wamwam

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
Sorry that happened bro. I live right down the street from there 2mins. I'll keep my eye out for that car and get any info I can to help. Honestly I think I might know where that car is garaged. It's a condo complex right next to Nobu I would start there. If not it's most likely a pepperdine student.
Thank you SO much for that information MalibuMafiaV. Any bits are super helpful to try to piece this together. So appreciated.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:46 PM   #8
erickonphoenix

My Ride: 2004 325i Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamwam View Post
Thank you for your note erickonphoenix. I totally understand your position and that they may find me at fault. But really this is all about assessing how much liability. I wish I could have calmed him down, but when a tattooed shirtless scary looking guy parks his car across two lanes of moving traffic and gets out and comes out after you on foot, well, survival instinct kicks in and that doesn't include trying to reason with a human, let alone open my window or get out of my car. Come to think of it, this accident could have very well saved my brains from being scattered across PCH. 911 would not have gotten there in time to save me from that. Not to mention, 911 was called right when the accident happened and it took them almost 2 hours to show up as it is.
Yeah, they won't help you but the call is on the books at least. Sometimes they can get the shouting recorded as well. You can also video the event but that would probably escalate things. This probably falls in the category of zhit happens.. bummer.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #9
wamwam

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonphoenix View Post
Yeah, they won't help you but the call is on the books at least. Sometimes they can get the shouting recorded as well. You can also video the event but that would probably escalate things. This probably falls in the category of zhit happens.. bummer.
Very good points. Didn't think about maybe the call got the recordings. Thanks again Erickonphoenix. Yup, no doubt, zhit happened this time for sure.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #10
kwlaznkid

My Ride: 335i/M3/CLK500
Send a message via AIM to kwlaznkid Send a message via Yahoo to kwlaznkid
looks like e46 m3, led tails, dropped on some wheels and a csl trunk, can't tell too much more from that pic =/

Need angel eyes or any lighting stuff installed in OC? PM me, cheapest around, I promise
BMW E92 328I BMW E46 M3 Mercedes Benz CLK500
BMW E92 335I (SOLD)
Porsche 996 911 C2 (SOLD)
BMW E46 325Ci (TOTALED)
kwlaznkid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #11
wamwam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwlaznkid View Post
looks like e46 m3, led tails, dropped on some wheels and a csl trunk, can't tell too much more from that pic =/
Oh wow. I don't know what any of that means, but the fact that you can discern that from that fuzzy picture is quite impressive. Will pass that info along for sure. Thank you kwlaznkid.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #12
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
Van, I was just about to forward this thread to you once I got done reading it. Find that piece of **** man

OP, we'll find him don't worry
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:18 PM   #13
MalibuMafiaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Van, I was just about to forward this thread to you once I got done reading it. Find that piece of **** man

OP, we'll find him don't worry
Won't be hard to find him honestly. I know of 99% of the modded BMWs that come through my town.

As I said it looks exactly like one that's garaged at the condos right next to Nobu. And if it isn't that one it has to be a pepperdine student. Because I know all the locals who own modded BMWs here. And that one isn't one I know regularly at my meets.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:48 PM   #14
CarbonZHP

My Ride: is uncomfortable
Honestly. I drive though this area too, not as often as some here. A black, dropped, e46 m3. And a CSL trunk? Lol he should consider himself screwed unless he stops driving or something. Too easy.

Mod List
F10 M5 Wheels on Pirelli PZero, Bilstein B8 Shocks, H&R Race Springs, CF Splitters from CTD w/Custom Aluminum Skid Plates, CF Diffuser, Alpine Sub and Amp
Custom Diffuser by brokeduetom3, K&N Intake, Coby Steering Wheel, Coby Shift and Handbrake Boots, Carbon Interior, Painted Headlight Internals
UltraGauge II, Clubsport Door Sills
CarbonZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #15
MalibuMafiaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
Honestly. I drive though this area too, not as often as some here. A black, dropped, e46 m3. And a CSL trunk? Lol he should consider himself screwed unless he stops driving or something. Too easy.
Not a smart person at all indeed. The fact he got that upset on a public road to get out of the car shows hes extremely insecure about himself. And most likely has a tiny penis. That's why he compensates with tattoos and trying to act like a badass.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:08 PM   #16
[phoenx]

My Ride: 2006 M3
Yikes sorry to hear OP! Maybe try posting it over on the pacific section of m3forum to see if you have better luck in recognizing this car.
[phoenx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #17
Sharky06

My Ride: 06 ZHP 6-SP
Send a message via AIM to Sharky06
Have you're tried to look for street video camera/recording devices. I'm sure there are plenty on pch.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by Sharky06; 06-11-2014 at 10:50 PM.
Sharky06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #18
wamwam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky06 View Post
Have you're tried to look for street video camera/recording devices. I'm sure there are plenty on pch.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Oh yes, approached quite a few residences and businesses there. There are a few leads, so we'll see, but it's a matter of if the cameras were catching a wide enough angle to catch that intersection. Fingers crossed! Thanks for the suggestion Sharky06
Old 06-13-2014, 10:00 PM   #19
wamwam

Updated picture of hit & run car that got away

UPDATED PICTURE!! Hey all, thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much for all your information so far. You can't imagine how appreciative I am. So I had a friend run that blurry picture of the car that got away I had through Photoshop CC's new blur reduction feature and, while it's not perfect, it does seem like it was able to discern that the first character in the license plate is a '5'. a bit of imagination and the next two seem like they could be '46.' Thought I'd pass this along. Here it is:
http://i.imgur.com/8iJ2BWy.png

-----
Old 06-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #20
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
I live right over the hill in another very likely location. I'll keep an eye out and make sure i secure a plate if i see it.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw, california, m3, malibu, road rage