E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #21
blackbenzz

My Ride: Benz
If it just got real does that mean it was fake before?
Old 10-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #22
supersickbimmer

My Ride: 617rwhp M3
Congrats Chris/HPF this is really good news for the BMW community. Can't wait to see all the new toys and power levels this spring.

Last edited by supersickbimmer; 10-27-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #23
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersickbimmer View Post
Congrats Cris/HPF this is really good news for the BMW community. Can't wait to see all the new toys and power levels this spring.
Thanks Fabio. I am really excited. Watch out for the drag M3 too. ha ha. We will be demonizing that beast very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
If it just got real does that mean it was fake before?
Yes it was fake. We all have slow M3's. Idiot post of the year award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachRc
Congrats to HPF!
Thanks Jason. We appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triks
Just in time for me to take the HPF plunge...
Yes it is. Doit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7to3_enthusiast
This will be very interesting... I think it's safe to say we will see what our S54's at full tilt will look like in the coming year or so...
You will see that in every aspect. We will continue the technology growth in every stage and every option as well as add more options and more power!! I'm meeting next week with the hood designers and we'll have some video footage for everyone as our body parts division starts to heat up as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Performance
Well done Chris!
Thanks Larry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefedvw
Great move for both John and Hpf.
Thanks Ryan.

Last edited by HPF Chris; 10-26-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #24
HPF Kirk
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by triks View Post
Just in time for me to take the HPF plunge...
PM Sent!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #25
6spd_legend

My Ride: acura legend 6spd
Congrats this is definitely exciting. Nice to see you still care about the s54 and are not quick to move onto newer platforms. But then again, the s54 is your money maker so I think it's a smart decision to see just how car you can go with it. Care to shed light on the Doc Race manifold and how that will/might tie into hpf kits?
Old 10-27-2012, 12:08 AM   #26
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd_legend View Post
Congrats this is definitely exciting. Nice to see you still care about the s54 and are not quick to move onto newer platforms. But then again, the s54 is your money maker so I think it's a smart decision to see just how car you can go with it. Care to shed light on the Doc Race manifold and how that will/might tie into hpf kits?
Thanks. We really do care and want to raise this platform even higher. Both HPF M3s sat in our garage all year. Not anymore! It's time to release the Animals. They are hungry! DOC Race information will be released next week. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag quite yet.

Chris

Last edited by HPF Chris; 10-27-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:26 AM   #27
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post

Yes it was fake. We all have slow M3's. Idiot post of the year award.

The mature thing to do here would be to Ignore what he said. You just made yourself look silly.

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

Old 10-27-2012, 04:49 AM   #28
0-60motorsports

My Ride: E30 325ic & E46 M3
Send a message via MSN to 0-60motorsports Send a message via Yahoo to 0-60motorsports
This is great. Congrats.
EURO 04 M3: GC Coils, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Trunk + CF Rear Diffusor + CSL center console, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS Stepped Headers, SS Catless S & Res X-pipe, SS Race, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL Steering + CSL interior, OEM CSL Intake, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, FX-R 3.0's, ST40's, DINAN Rear Strut Brace, BW Oil Cooler, 3.91 gears
Old 10-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #29
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
This is great. Congrats.
Thanks.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #30
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Wow! Congrats guys!
Old 10-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #31
topendusa

My Ride: 03 BMW M3 SMG
Congrats Chris
Old 10-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #32
Dreikraft

My Ride: slow m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd_legend View Post
the DOC manis look sick! i went by their shop on monday to check out the bottom mount and top mount. can't wait to see how the top mount is setup. there's some other parts in the works as well
Old 10-28-2012, 02:04 AM   #33
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
I like the idea he will be involved with you all on the development of the AEM Infinity for plug and Play for the E46 M3's.

That will be HUGE for our cars. What is the news on coils, Chris? Have you talked to John about coils? Can he bring anything to the table or do have all that handled for now? ...and its a waiting game?
Old 10-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #34
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
I like the idea he will be involved with you all on the development of the AEM Infinity for plug and Play for the E46 M3's.

That will be HUGE for our cars. What is the news on coils, Chris? Have you talked to John about coils? Can he bring anything to the table or do have all that handled for now? ...and its a waiting game?
I gave AEM some BMW coils over a year ago as they were going to develop coils for our M3s. I'll have to find out what their current time frame is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreikraft
the DOC manis look sick! i went by their shop on monday to check out the bottom mount and top mount. can't wait to see how the top mount is setup. there's some other parts in the works as well
DOC does nice work and we will be offering HPF turbo kit options for their E46 m3 components shortly. They curently build our RHD M3 turbo manifolds and developed and build our 335i manifolds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topendusa
Congrats Chris
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpired
Wow! Congrats guys!
Thanks Mike. Are you going to be running your car at "The Showdown" on Nov 18th? We will be running our orange M3 there.

http://www.mfestforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15999

Chris.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #35
Bdave

Quote:
DOC does nice work and we will be offering HPF turbo kit options for their E46 m3 components shortly. They curently build our RHD M3 turbo manifolds and developed and build our 335i manifolds.
I did a good bit of research on DocRace. He showed some of his work on a welding forum. He got great marks except for not back purging his welds. That is a time consuming procedure with inert gasses to insure the weld is 100% penetrated. It is not totally necessary, but ultimately is INSURANCE against CRACKING.

DocRace according to his blog now back purges all his welds. He posted a photo of a special device he MADE that facilitates this procedure. So the nasty habit that tubulars can have with their welds cracking, is all but eliminated with Doc's extra love and care. Shall we say "professionalism"?

Chris, it looks like he is a great choice. Time will tell how all the other entries into this FAST emerging market will fare: Lutz(actually under a company in Shawn's name), FSR, SAAD?(dont know if he is on demand only or is in production). Who else?

As long as DocRace's designs keep EGT's fairly EVEN and under control, then he has my vote. I have to say his custom mani for the HPF Drag Beast is a real piece of artwork! Functional art. I mean...look at this!: (photo in attached thumbnail)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m3-dragster-10.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	475927  

Last edited by Bdave; 10-29-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #36
HPF Kirk
Past Site Sponsor

Lots of info coming soon on the Doc Manifold guys... I know an HPF customer with a line on this so we plan on testing it on a Stg 2.5 and the (High Compression 6766) Track car here within the next few weeks.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #37
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Quote:
Thanks Mike. Are you going to be running your car at "The Showdown" on Nov 18th? We will be running our orange M3 there.

http://www.mfestforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15999

Chris.
Wasn't planning on it. Doing the airstrip runs the weekend before, so probably not
Old 11-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #38
Mike Ngo

My Ride: e46 m3
Send a message via AIM to Mike Ngo
John's always down the street from my shop working at Underground. I've been trying to get him to wire and tune my E46 M3 for years with no luck No, amount of money seemed to be good enough. You must be paying him REALLY well!
Good job on getting him to help you guys, you wont be disappointed.

Last edited by Mike Ngo; 11-02-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #39
Bdave

I have a couple EMAILS from Johm Reed to share with his express permission. I specifically asked. I will not post my initial email TO him. It consisted of a warm greeting from all of us HERE from the Forced Induction sub forum of E46fanatics.com.

I got John up to speed where we were currently with our M3's and what we want in the coming future. Nothing that Chris probably didnt tell him already, but I went over some key issues like back pressure, bottlenecks and new current products just coming available.

I asked him about HIS hobbies and what car HE drives. The guy is pretty cool. Very unassuming guy who drives a tricked out all race HACHI (ealry Toyota Corolla AE86). Actually a very cool car. I would not call it a ryser. he sent me pix. It is SO WEIRD. The profanity software prohibits you to post "ryser" spelled correctly. It bleeps it out the same as a lurid swear word. Incredible! Anyways, early AE86 "HACHI's" are cool in my book. I know a bit about them from the rag I get called Grassroots Motorsports Magazine. I recommend this periodical to everyone. They cover anything that can be made to go fast on a track. Tons of great info.

I sent his some shots of a very cool build of an E30 M3, one of his next cars...maybe. I hope you find him to be as cool as I did. I really hope he might join our forum.
Anyway, here's John!

Hi Dave,

First, thanks for the very warm welcome email! I guess news travels fast. I was busy last last week wrapping up a couple projects for SEMA so playing a bit of email catch up today (not that it is ever truly caught up).

I have known Chris for quite a while, since pretty much the beginning for both him and I (the first wide band and first standalone ECU I ever purchased/used were from him, when they were a small operation out of his house, which seems like a lifetime ago), so it is exciting to get to work with the BMW platform with them and see what we can do with it. They have a really well done package already, so hopefully I am able to bring something to the table to both improve things but mostly we are looking forward to working on new platforms.

AEM Infinity has been exciting, and I have been working with AEM since day one on that thing as one of their beta testers. I look forward to getting that system on the HPF BMW platforms. I am also a MoTeC dealer and we may explore optional angles with that system as well.

The Lambo/Ferrari stuff with Underground Racing has been an amazing journey, and I really enjoy working with those guys. Great group of guys who are very passionate about pushing those cars to the limits. We have the Aventador TT at SEMA this year on display, along with a couple other cars. More exciting stuff will be coming!!

As for me personally, I am a simple guy as well as a true car nut and especially love racing/motorsports (rally and road racing are my favorite but if it has wheels and an engine I will be interested in racing it). While the common opinion is that a lot of tuners are big ballers with a fleet of insane cars, unfortunately working on exotics does not mean making enough money to own them so you will find my taste in cars is probably a little unexpected given my day job. I tend to like a bit older stuff, but with newer technology applied (go figure). I race rally, and have an older Toyota Corolla I use for that which has quite a bit of cutting edge MoTeC electronics in it. It is both a hobby and a test bed/science project for me. As for BMW stuff, I have driven a lot of them and I am always impressed. I have never owned one but a E30 M3 is one of my dream cars. Someday, though I better hurry because they are getting neither cheaper or easier to find.

And in reference to your last line, what someone drives or spends on their car makes no difference to me. I enjoy working with passionate car people, because I am one myself. I enjoy seeing quality craftsmanship and working with someone to get their build fired up and running right, be it a Ferrari or a Honda Civic (I do both quite a bit). It is truly what makes this job awesome (which otherwise suffers from the same ups and downs as any other job).

John Reed
John Reed Racing
www.johnreedracing.com
johnreedracing@gmail.com

Second Email

That E30 M3 is so sweet, love it!!

Sounds like you are building quite a beast yourself. Look forward to seeing that debut!!

I don't see anything in my email to you that couldn't be posted. I guess just preface it with the fact it was a response to your email, otherwise it might seem a little long winded out of context.

Couple pictures of the Corolla (yes AE86) can be seen here (just change the CRolla2 to CRolla3, 4, through 11 to see them all).

http://johnreedracing.com/hosting/CRolla2.jpg

John Reed
John Reed Racing
www.johnreedracing.com
johnreedracing@gmail.com

Guys, the phots link works. Feel free to have a look. Cool car. If anyone wants to post the pix so they are easier to view, that would be OK, I am sure.

So? What do you think? I give so far.

Last edited by Bdave; 11-03-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #40
Providence

My Ride: HPF Stage 3 m3
Send a message via MSN to Providence
Motec yummy
Closed Thread