E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
zbeam3

My Ride: VQ35
Clear Bra recommendations?

Few different selections to chose from, 3M, Avery Nano Fusion, Venture Shield.

Anyone familiar with the differences and pro/cons to each?
zbeam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
330Lover_

My Ride: 2001 330i bk/bk step
Bump, I want know too.

01' 330i, step, bk/bk, moon, xenon, cd, 18x8 ASA AR1, 225/40/18 all around, Koni Yellow shock, Eibach Pro-spring, Axxis brake pads, 20mm rear spacers
330Lover_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
capttrousers

My Ride: 04 M3 vert TiAg
Bump. I'd like to find out as well!
Anybody have experience of clearbrapro ? They're out of SoCal and seem pretty good from their site
www.clearbrapro.com
Tho I'd prefer rec's from existing customers to make sure
capttrousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
Yassoon

My Ride: 325i
I had the 3m on my bimmer, and had no issues in 3 years of ownership...no fading or cracking through 3 harsh winters and hot summers, it held up well
Old 06-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
TonyDiv

My Ride: 03 325Ci Convertible
We sold the 3M stuff as an option at the Jag / Land Rover dealership that I worked at about 10 years ago. Never had a single complaint about it.
TonyDiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
3M Clear Bra has more orange peel than others. VentureShield and XPEL are the two newer films which supposedly yellow less and do have less orange peel. They are much harder to see- I'd get one of them. Be aware that 3M owns one of those two, but I forget which one.

i spend it while i can, if i run out i'll swallow all my meds
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #7
NaZty NaZe One!

My Ride: 02' 330ci "Ebony"
Send a message via AIM to NaZty NaZe One!
3m owns venture shield.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #8
NaZty NaZe One!

My Ride: 02' 330ci "Ebony"
Send a message via AIM to NaZty NaZe One!
Bump
Old 10-31-2012, 02:29 PM   #9
Ng's325ci

My Ride: 2005 325ci
I have had both 3m and ventureshield on 2 vehicles, and installed them both.

3M on a 2007 FJ cruiser (hood + fenders) driven in winter conditions for 6 months of the year (interior BC) and it held up great. very durable film with no yellowing or bug stains, but installing it was the tricky part (hard to stretch over contours and just not a very forgiving film). I was lucky the FJ didn't have as many contours as the e46.

Venture shield on the e46 (hood, fenders, mirrors and bumper) driven year round (Vancouver BC and interior BC in summer). Very easy to install and stretch over contours but is definitely a lot softer then the 3M. At first I was skeptical about how the film would hold up, but after my dad backed into my car and pretty much put the bumper of his X5 on my hood it showed its true colours. While the hood was all crunched up there was absolutely no paint damage, as for the bumper there was a scuff from where the bumper slid over top but it polished off. The only down side to this film is BUGS! you should wash them off as soon as you can because if you let them bake for days during summer the stain may not be able to be polished off after being washed. The majority of the time though if they do stain after washing them off and polishing, just let the car sit and bake in the sun for a day and usually they will fade away.

After getting a new hood and having the fenders repainted to match I reinstalled ventureshield, but next time I would like try Xpel. I have heard nothing but good things about their film except that sometimes it yellows, but same could be said for 3M and I never had that issue.

Last edited by Ng's325ci; 10-31-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Ng's325ci is offline   Reply With Quote