E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #21
dknightd

My Ride: 2002 330 cic
If you do suspension work you should not expect them to cover that under your one year plan.
dknightd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #22
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
tech prob doesn't have the tools to do the rear, so he figured ,he'd read it, and if it passed before he touched it , he would charge ya

i always say, dealer for alignment on bmw, case closed

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #23
winstontj

My Ride: a car
OP how are your tires? I'm not sure what type of machine they use to line everything up on but some of the more budget machines can be thrown off by tires if one has good tread and the other is bald, etc.

Also, how is your suspension? As stated already, I'm not sure caster can be adjusted - you may need things like CAB's or strut top bushings.

It's just an i right? (Not an iX?)
winstontj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #24
krjcook

My Ride: '04 325i
I'm like 5 hours late, but good news! Went to another location and they did my alignment no questions asked. all the warning lights are off. My steering wheel is of still off balance, but in the other direction and ever so slightly. gonna take it in for another alignment later in the week. As far as my alignment in the rear. I have a bent part, that's why it showed that error with no measurement I'm the back rear drivers side. part number 33326770813. Got it ordered from Turner. Thanks guy for the help.

Last edited by krjcook; 10-28-2012 at 12:07 AM.
krjcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:08 AM   #25
limpiabota809

My Ride: 330 XI
Good deal OP
Old 10-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #26
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
bent rta? if so, did you have it towed ever? these ahole tow drivers latch right onto those rta , been there , done that

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #27
sunsetcoast

My Ride: '99 323i & '00 323iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by krjcook View Post
Called a few asking my plan was void since I installed myself in the middle of my plan. Half said yes, doesn't matter if they, another shop, or I myself work on it. The other half said no, it voids.
Read your contract. Unless it has wording to the effect of explicitly excluding alignments for repairs performed outside the shop, you should be on solid ground. Best bet is to take it back to the original shop.

I once bought a lifetime alignment agreement in one state. 2 years later I moved to another state. It was honored. 3 years later I moved to another state. It was honored. In total, I kept the car more than a dozen years and 200K miles after buying the contract. As you might imagine, I replaced lots of suspension bits during that period. Was never questioned once.
sunsetcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #28
krjcook

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
bent rta? if so, did you have it towed ever? these ahole tow drivers latch right onto those rta , been there , done that
I think that was the case, let my brother go to a party in it one day and he stuck in a ditch trying to park. He said they latched it under the car. Should've figured, wish he would've called so I could inform him of the tow hook in the trunk
Old 10-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #29
krjcook

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetcoast View Post
Read your contract. Unless it has wording to the effect of explicitly excluding alignments for repairs performed outside the shop, you should be on solid ground. Best bet is to take it back to the original shop.

I once bought a lifetime alignment agreement in one state. 2 years later I moved to another state. It was honored. 3 years later I moved to another state. It was honored. In total, I kept the car more than a dozen years and 200K miles after buying the contract. As you might imagine, I replaced lots of suspension bits during that period. Was never questioned once.
I might have to get a printout of my contract from them, but either way that location did honor the alignment.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #30
AJP330i

My Ride: 05 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
T Town is Tuscaloosa, Alabama?
Tulsa OK...

"Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left". Ty Webb
AJP330i is offline   Reply With Quote