E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #21
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
As long as JarJar Binks does not make an appearance, it will be an improvement.

Edit: Actually, if a scene included JarJar getting gang raped by Tusken Raiders, then that appearance would be acceptable....but, I doubt we will see that.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 10-30-2012 at 04:36 PM.
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #22
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Hopefully they can redeem lucas' worthless revamp efforts

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #23
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
if you haven't seen the first 2 you are missing out, after that it gets pretty lame
I like the series. Good special effects. But I think it was the 3rd movie where they returned to when Luke was a child and they had that little kid portraying him.
He was lame. He did not act or behave like an enlightened child. His acting abilities were limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
They'll build a Star Wars city and make back their investment in 5 years. My goal in life is to continue to be the guy that has never seen any of them.
It won't take long. A hit movie can generate 500 M in a month.
I think Avatar generated 1BN and that was just in the domestic market.

And they can make an equal amount in merchandising and Disney rides.

Nobody does marketing better than Disney.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #24
ac_2007

My Ride: F32 M4, E46 M3/325i
For 4.05 billion dollars, I hope George Lucas finally gets someone to construct him a neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpgolf1 View Post
The e46 M3 is by far the most boring and worst M3 that BMW has made to date.
It's amazing to me that a non M E46 is such a beautiful car but the E46 M has never done much for me.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #25
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five_seveN View Post
my friend who worked at disney said theres been a star wars area there for years now
Now they won't have to pay royalties to George
Old 10-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #26
mash20
Is not Persian

My Ride: '01 TiAg M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
I like the series. Good special effects. But I think it was the 3rd movie where they returned to when Luke was a child and they had that little kid portraying him.
He was lame. He did not act or behave like an enlightened child. His acting abilities were limited.
I think you're confusing the movies a bit.....the child was in Episode 1 (the fourth movie made) and was Darth Vader (Anakin), not Luke.

Last edited by my ass; Yesterday at 11:15 PM.
mash20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #27
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Can this be the next movie?

Quote:
Thirty years have passed since the Battle of Endor (Star Wars Episode 6 Return of the Jedi), where both Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader met their doom. During the decades since Endor, the remnants of the Empire have been defeated and the New Republic formed out of the ashes of the Empire. However, dreaded adversaries against the New Republic still exist. A rogue group of Dark Jedi have emerged that threaten the fragile stability that the New Republic enjoys.

The Cloud City of Bespin has been converted into one of the many Jedi Temple training facilities located all throughout the galaxy. The Jedi's numbers are beginning to grow quickly to Old Republic heights during the golden age of the ancient Jedi Order. The New Jedi Order consists of about 7,000 Jedi Knights. Bespin is now the home to both Jedi Masters, Knights and Apprentices.

During routine Jedi training on Bespin, the Dark Jedi invade wearing jet packs, which send them like a swarm dropping into the upper reaches of the Cloud City. These Dark Jedi are seeking to re establish the horrific legacy of Darth Vader and, hence, they wear a more advanced looking version of Darth Vader's black mask, helmet and body armor in honor of their fallen hero.

As the Dark Jedi attack Bespin, their sleek battle satellites swarm the floating city and rain down turbolaser fire on the city. The Jedi are taken by complete surprise. However, the Dark Jedi seek not to conquer Bespin, but to capture some of the Jedi's prized holocrons, which hold vast quantities of information about the ancient ways and customs of the Jedi. As hundreds of light-saber battles erupt between the Jedi and their Dark Jedi counterparts, some of the Dark Jedi use concussion grenades to cause damage to Bespin's superstructure.

A few of the holocrons are captured by the Dark Jedi. With their mission now complete, the Dark Jedi retreat from Cloud City and fly away from the city using their jet packs which they wear on their backs. The Dark Jedi fly into the nearby clouds and disappear. The roar of engines can be heard as the Dark Jedi escape in their customized Tie Rager star ships, which were hidden in the clouds above Cloud City.

The 12 members of the Jedi Council are present in the Jedi Council chamber in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Several Jedi, who survived the battle of Bespin against the Dark Jedi, relate to Luke Skywalker (the head of the Jedi Council) that several Jedi holocrons were taken during the battle. Luke informs the Jedi Council that the Jedi will have to find these lost holocrons and bring the Dark Jedi under control.

Meanwhile, just outside of the Jedi Temple, a shape-shifting Dark Jedi named Asp morphs into Ben Skywalker and enters the Jedi Temple. Asp makes his way to the Jedi super computer area where Asp hopes to disable the Jedi's computer network. Padawans Anakin Solo (son of Han Solo and Leia Organa) and Ben Skywalker (son of Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade) are walking by the computer area. They both sense something and enter the computer area. Ben and Anakin are shocked to see someone in the room that looks exactly like Ben. Asp sees the padawans and flees the room. Ben and Anakin chase after Asp.

Asp makes his way to the garage at the Jedi Temple and steals one of the Jedi swoop bikes. At a high rate of speed, Asp flies down the streets of Coruscant. Ben and Anakin each get a swoop bike and pursue Asp. After a thrilling chase, Asp wrecks his swoop bike. The Coruscant zoo is nearby and Asp enters the zoo to hide from Anakin and Ben. Anakin and Ben park their swoop bikes and quickly follow Asp into the zoo. A spectacular light-saber duel erupts between Asp vs. Ben and Anakin. As the duel rages on, Asp begins to lose so he uses his light saber to release massively large Rygor tigers from their cage.

Ben sees the tigers and says: "I have a bad feeling about this." The tigers spot Ben and Anakin and then charge at the two padawans. Ben and Anakin battle the tigers. Within a few minutes, Ben and Anakin have killed all seven of the ferocious tigers. However, by the time Ben and Anakin are finished fighting the tigers, Asp has escaped to parts unknown.

Elsewhere, Shindor, the leader of the Dark Jedi, is elated to learn that some of the Jedi holocrons have successfully been taken from the Jedi. Shindor is currently at the Dark Jedi's cloning facility, which is located on a planet nearby Coruscant. Shindor is using this facility to make clones of Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. The Dark Jedi plan to fulfill Darth Vader's prophecy that he and Luke should rule the galaxy as father and son and bring peace and order to the galaxy. The Dark Jedi are using Imperial DNA samples of Vader to produce a clone of the Dark Lord of the Sith and are using DNA samples from Luke's severed hand to produce a clone of the venerable Jedi Master. Skywalker's severed hand is currently owned by one of the chief Dark Jedi named, Spiden.

Meanwhile, Spiden hatches a plan to leak the Dark Jedi's efforts to clone Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker to spies working for the New Republic. Spiden hopes the leader of the Dark Jedi will be destroyed by forces from the New Republic so that he can become the new leader of the Dark Jedi. Spiden leaks this information. The New Republic military and a Jedi army plan to raid the Dark Jedi hideout.

Also, Spiden contacts Luke Skywalker and asks the great Jedi Master to meet with him on the planet of Sluivan. Spiden tells Luke that Spiden is a smuggler who came across Luke's severed hand in a preservation box. Luke learns from Spiden that the Empire recovered Luke's hand that Vader cut off at Bespin. Spiden says that the hand is in perfect condition and can probably be re-attached to Luke's arm. Luke agrees to meet Spiden on Sluivan.

Luke arrives on Sluivan with R2-D2 and C-3PO. Luke enters a room where Spiden told Luke he would be waiting for Luke. Luke sees Spiden holding his severed hand in a transparent preservation box. Suddenly, the door behind Luke closes. Spiden sets down the hand and pulls out two light sabers. Spiden holds one in each hand and ignites them. Spiden tells Luke that he will now avenge the deaths of Darth Sidious and Darth Vader, who were the final Sith Lords. Luke pulls out his light saber and ignites it. Luke and Spiden fight with their light sabers. Luke manages to cut off one of Spiden's hands. Spiden continues to fight with his other hand.

R2-D2 rolls up behind Spiden. R2 ignites his rocket boosters and crashes into the back of Spiden at a tremendous speed. Spiden falls to the ground. Spiden stands back up dazed. With a slight movement of his hand, Luke uses the Force to send Spiden flying across the room. Spiden slams into a wall and is left unconscious. Luke thanks R2 for his valor, then Luke recovers his severed hand and then cuts the closed door open with his light saber. Luke, R2 and C-3PO exit the room. On Coruscant, a team of Jedi doctors re-attach Luke's hand to his arm.

Luke learns that the Republic is planning to send a military unit to the enormous asteroid base where the Dark Jedi are cloning Vader and Luke. Luke orders the Jedi star pilots to scramble to their fighters and join the Republic forces in the fight. The Republic and Jedi star fighters arrive at the Dark Jedi asteroid hideout where the Dark Jedi cloning facility is located. Hundreds of Dark Jedi fighters are waiting for them. A massive space battle ensues.

Luke and several dozen or so other Jedi make their way to the interior of the asteroid base and enter the Dark Jedi cloning facility. Light saber battles erupt between the Jedi and the Dark Jedi. Luke finds the Dark Jedi leader, Shindor, and they engage in a light-saber duel. Luke eventually decapitates Shindor.

The remaining Dark Jedi flee the cloning facility with the growing clones of Vader and Luke. The Jedi set explosive charges all over the cloning facility. The Jedi flee the cloning facility. A few minutes later, the cloning facility is destroyed by the exploding charges.

While the Dark Jedi cloning facility has been destroyed, the New Republic and Jedi are unaware that the Dark Jedi succeeded in preserving the growing clones of Vader and Luke, which will be utilized in the Dark Jedi's grand scheme to conquer the galaxy. Back on Coruscant, Anakin Solo and Ben Skywalker are brought before the Jedi Council. For their bravery in combating the Dark Jedi, the Jedi Council makes Anakin and Ben full-fledged Jedi Knights. The two are given their official Jedi robes. Iris out. Start and roll production end credits.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control
to be understanding and forgiving. A great man shows his greatness, by the way he treats little men."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #28
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
Side note, I would totally bang the hell out of the chick in your sig ghorn... One on the left.
the screaming one looks pretty good when not screaming: https://twitter.com/brucejohnson9/st...21569832194048

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.

Last edited by ghorn; 10-30-2012 at 04:43 PM.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #29
///MPR77

My Ride: 02 ///M3 Tri-Ped
As far as I'm concerned there are only 3 Star Wars movies:

IV, V, VI.

Bewahren Sie ihre ultimative fahrmaschine
///MPR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #30
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPR77 View Post
As far as I'm concerned there are only 3 Star Wars movies:

IV, V, VI.

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #31
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
the screaming one looks pretty good when not screaming: https://twitter.com/brucejohnson9/st...21569832194048
Yea, not bad either, but the one on the left reminds me of a chick I crushed on hard years ago. I sport a semi thinking of her.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #32
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash20 View Post
I think you're confusing the movies a bit.....the child was in Episode 1 (the fourth movie made) and was Darth Vader (Anakin), not Luke.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #33
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #34
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw
lucas looks like some one is holding a gun to him in the distance. he looks scared.

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #35
r2d2

My Ride: 330i
Next up - star wars land! drop by degobah system and get your yoda mickey ears. Ride the xwing fighter ride where they take out the death star. I bent my wookie.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #36
Dreamliner330

My Ride: 330xi
Dreamliner330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:54 AM   #37
rover220

My Ride: Golf MK VI GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
Starring Deadmau5??
rover220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:19 AM   #38
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
Hey Daft Punk got an appearance in tron why not episode 7?
Old 10-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #39
Spiral Prophet
Über-Geek

My Ride: '01 Topaz Blue 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Spiral  Prophet
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
As long as JarJar Binks does not make an appearance, it will be an improvement.
It's only fitting that disney incorporates JarJar into the It's a Small World Ride.
Spiral  Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #40
CoconutPete

My Ride: E90 330i
A new movie might not be better, hell might not even be as good as the first 3 but hopefully this will mean no more "re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re release of a digitally re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-remastered version every 5 years.

"Their" is a possessive pronoun. In a phrase like “Susan and Bill's car,” it could be used to to make a new phrase: “their car.”

”They're” is a contraction of “they are.” “They are” should always be able to replace “they're.”
-----------
Extra Credit: It's "I'm looking for an M3"
not "I'm looking for a M3".
-----------
CoconutPete is offline   Reply With Quote