E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 12:42 PM   #41
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
Well, there goes that movie franchise.
I guess Mr. Lucas got bored of fvcking it up. I just hope Disney can make it entertaining again.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #42
emmm_three

My Ride: ML350/325i/330ci/M3
confused...where would episode 7 take place?
Old 10-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #43
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmm_three View Post
confused...where would episode 7 take place?
uranus

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #44
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
I hope Dolan is in the new Star Wars.
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:29 PM   #45
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Odds Gore Verbinski directs? I'd imagine VERY HIGH

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #46
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
I am so excited
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #47
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
at anyone who think the original Star Wars trilogy was awesome. This series has been garbage from DAY ONE kids. I loved those movies too, and you know why? Because I was SEVEN YEARS OLD when they came out! They always have been, and always SHOULD be, cheesey crap! Just like Cheetos. Tastes great, but no nutrional value. Anyone who thinks the originals were classics needs a slap in the head with a pipe wrench. George Lucas and Steven Spielberg have ALWAYS sucked (Spielberg less so).

Worrying about "ruining this franchise" is like changing the way you eat out of fear of "ruining" your next poop. You can't make poop any worse!
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:59 PM   #48
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
at anyone who think the original Star Wars trilogy was awesome. This series has been garbage from DAY ONE kids. I loved those movies too, and you know why? Because I was SEVEN YEARS OLD when they came out! They always have been, and always SHOULD be, cheesey crap! Just like Cheetos. Tastes great, but no nutrional value. Anyone who thinks the originals were classics needs a slap in the head with a pipe wrench. George Lucas and Steven Spielberg have ALWAYS sucked (Spielberg less so).

Worrying about "ruining this franchise" is like changing the way you eat out of fear of "ruining" your next poop. You can't make poop any worse!

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #49
DylloS

Quote:

I want to punch you in the face while wearing a darth vader helmet
Old 10-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #50
Bartacus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I want to punch you in the face while wearing a darth vader helmet
I'd get you back by secretly dumping a load into your fleshlight. If it makes you feel better, I'll use "the force" when I come.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #51
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:

I didn't think they aspired to be anything more than super-entertaining movies. We're not talking about Citizen Kane here. Even you admit that Cheetos taste great.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #52
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:

The first film is definitely campy and the directing was so-so. The special effects simply blew people's socks off.

With that said, the second and third (episodes 5 and 6) were phenomenally directed with solid acting and top notch special effects that were something like a decade ahead of their time.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:19 PM   #53
Bartacus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
I didn't think they aspired to be anything more than super-entertaining movies. We're not talking about Citizen Kane here. Even you admit that Cheetos taste great.
Oh I agree completely. Lucas KNEW he was making silly spaghetti westerns in space. But Star Wars fans don't like hearing that. Which makes them fun to pick on. They have this "fanaticism" about SW that I'll never understand, and I LOVED the movies as a kid. I had more SW toys than anyone on my block, and I lost count of how many Han Solos met their end with a firecracker between the legs. Han blowed up REAL good!
Old 10-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #54
DylloS

Quote:
Oh I agree completely. Lucas KNEW he was making silly spaghetti westerns in space. But Star Wars fans don't like hearing that. Which makes them fun to pick on. They have this "fanaticism" about SW that I'll never understand, and I LOVED the movies as a kid. I had more SW toys than anyone on my block, and I lost count of how many Han Solos met their end with a firecracker between the legs. Han blowed up REAL good!
the thing is, almost every single movie from that generation is cheesy. You can watch jaws, rocky, etc and the cheese in it just seeps out. For me it's just an awesome story put together that makes me love it.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:28 PM   #55
Bartacus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
The first film is definitely campy and the directing was so-so. The special effects simply blew people's socks off.

With that said, the second and third (episodes 5 and 6) were phenomenally directed with solid acting and top notch special effects that were something like a decade ahead of their time.
No argument about the effects. Those guys were absolute amazing. The stuff they did with minatures was so far ahead of it's time. But I'd disagree with "solid acting" and "phenomenally directed". Especially the acting. Some guys weren't awful, but half of them WERE. It was so 50-50. Mark Hamil and Carrie Fisher's carreers pretty much died instantaneously during those years. But Carrie looked good wearing next to nothing while chained to a big fat creature, so it balanced out.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #56
Bartacus

Quote:
the thing is, almost every single movie from that generation is cheesy. You can watch jaws, rocky, etc and the cheese in it just seeps out. For me it's just an awesome story put together that makes me love it.
Agreed about Generation Cheetos. I'd love to see a sci-fi epic on that scale, but without the cheesy stuff. Something a little more serious. I'm not sure that's ever been done, or done properly at least.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #57
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
Oh, serious Star Wars fans are a totally different subject. You can slam on them all day long.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #58
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
No argument about the effects. Those guys were absolute amazing. The stuff they did with minatures was so far ahead of it's time. But I'd disagree with "solid acting" and "phenomenally directed". Especially the acting. Some guys weren't awful, but half of them WERE. It was so 50-50. Mark Hamil and Carrie Fisher's carreers pretty much died instantaneously during those years. But Carrie looked good wearing next to nothing while chained to a big fat creature, so it balanced out.
The acting was only so-so all the way through. But Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher both went on to have long and successful careers in show biz--just not necessarily as movie actors.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #59
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
I think it's cheesy to us currently given what modern day cinematography brings to the table.

Back then the special effects of Star Wars (and Tron....now THAT is cheesy) blew peoples 70's minds.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:41 PM   #60
guest1008
Banned User

My Ride: 08 Lexus ES350
After watching all those Star Wars extras, while Lucas was just trying to make an entertaining movie rather than some masterpiece, the main thing I learned was he still had horrific ideas. Basically, the final products came about because Lucas was talked out of his more idiotic ideas. Thank goodness he had less crazy people around him at the time that he listened to. After Star Wars blew up and he got credit for it, I guess he thought it was all because of him. Thus, we got characters like Jar Jar Binks, which actually fit pretty well with his original ideas.

Disney's got a good rep for storytelling. I think this is a good thing.
guest1008 is offline   Reply With Quote