E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
Chrsb5

My Ride: 2004 330i
Suspension replacement time. Here's what I have, what else do I need ?

First of all, a big thank you to everyone here. I've mined e46fanatics.com for some excellent and valuable information over the last several months.

I've read a number of threads on the topic but have a couple questions I can't readily find answers to, and was hoping for some insight.

At 67k miles on an '04 it's time to do some work on the suspension.

I've already placed an order for
H&R Touring Cup Suspension Kit
Front and rear strut/shock mounts. Made by KYB
from tirerack.com due to be delivered Wednesday

About to place an order for the following from ECStuning.com
Front and rear reinforcement plates
Front and Rear Bump Stops
rear "Seal Washers"

Ideally I'd like to be able to assemble the front struts without reusing any old hardware(probably having a shop do this as I don't own a spring compressor)

What other hardware bits should I be ordering ? Bolts, dust boots, nuts ect ?
Part numbers would be great too!

Many Thanks!!
Chrsb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
Platano20
OEM ///Member

My Ride: e46 3-Series
You can borrow a coring compressor from autozone for a refundable $50. Hope you don't mind me hopping on this thread also as I'm doing the same for my 2000 328Ci AT sport suspension. So far waiting for delivery I have:
Koni FSD's (Modbargains)
Eibach front and rear sway bars (Tire rack)
Front & rear sway end links (meyle hd)
Eibach pro-kit springs
Coil spring pads
Rear bump stops (sport)
Dust boots
Front & rear reinforcement plates (ECS Tuning)
Front and rear strut mounts (Sachs)

**** wasn't cheap smh... (wish I knew how to insert those smileys)

I also am wondering if I'm missing something.
Myself: Upper/Lower Intake Boots, Head Light Lenses, Kicker L5 12" Sub, Tints 18% all around, smoked corners & side markers, Spark Plugs, Front Eibach front & rear Sway Bars, Front & rear Sway Bar End Links, Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD Struts & Shocks, Meyele HD Front Control Arms and Bushings,
Platano20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
Platano20
OEM ///Member

My Ride: e46 3-Series
You can borrow a spring compressor from autozone for a refundable $50. Hope you don't mind me hopping on this thread also as I'm doing the same for my 2000 328Ci AT sport suspension. So far waiting for delivery I have:
Koni FSD's (Modbargains)
Eibach front and rear sway bars (Tire rack)
Front & rear sway end links (meyle hd)
Eibach pro-kit springs
Coil spring pads
Rear bump stops (sport)
Dust boots
Front & rear reinforcement plates (ECS Tuning)
Front and rear strut mounts (Sachs)

**** wasn't cheap smh... (wish I knew how to insert those smileys)

I also am wondering if I'm missing something.
Myself: Upper/Lower Intake Boots, Head Light Lenses, Kicker L5 12" Sub, Tints 18% all around, smoked corners & side markers, Spark Plugs, Front Eibach front & rear Sway Bars, Front & rear Sway Bar End Links, Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD Struts & Shocks, Meyele HD Front Control Arms and Bushings,
Platano20 is offline   Reply With Quote