E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #21
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
That's a pretty massive price drop in 8k miles. Whats wrong with it now?
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #22
GaM3cocks

My Ride: Nothing for now
Nothing's wrong with it that I can cee with the eye. No oil, power steering, coolant leaks. Didn't run hot at all. He had it priced at 11.5K and I call the guy and said I honestly only have 9k (which is true) and he sai he would take it because he hasn't had any inquires and wants it gone.

There is an issue I'm in st Thomas right now and I can get a compression test done until I get back (next Friday). He is taking it to a master BMW tech today or tomorrow to do a 100 point "pre purchase inspection" and the BMW master tech is personally calling me to discuss what he saw... Then when I get back ill take it to get a compression test, then make the decision then!
GaM3cocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #23
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Awesome! Can't wait to see the Results! Looks like a good car to buy...
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:35 AM   #24
GaM3cocks

Thanks a lot guys!! If i do buy the car i will need falls help big time moving forward!!! Like i said I've owned a r53 Mini cooper s an ap1 s2k and an ap2 s2k. So i know "a little" about cars and bmws but not much! so all the help is much needed!! Only being 24 I'm over a car payment right now so i want to pay cash for a car and this one is right in my price range!!Thanks agin y'all!
Doug
Old 11-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #25
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Who owns this car atm? I recently sent some parts to a guy with a 330 that was having horrible issues with the AA kit. Is the owner active on this forum? Also didn't the buyer, lie to you about the ownership of the car? He said he was the 2nd owner, but after a simple search he is the 3rd? Could be a honest mistake? That would be a red flag to me.

Last edited by xixixi; 11-03-2012 at 09:18 AM.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #26
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
He was a pretty active member with a nice colored FI'd coupe. Just curious why he would not be on the forums after selling it? Most good FI send offs get acknowledged here by the previous owner with pride.

"We've come a long long way together. Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,.. I have to praise you like I should.."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #27
jhaurimn

My Ride: 01' 330ci
Why is the guy selling it after owning it for only 4000 miles ?

Maybe something went wrong with the car ?

Something to think about.
2001 M3 - 90xxx
1989 325i - 2??,???
jhaurimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #28
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
So I'm not up on prices at all, but believe the adage "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't."

I'm curious why someone with a car in good shape, so amazing, would want to get rid of it after only 6 months...unless it was just to make money, in which case I'd worry about issues seen or hidden.

Subframe is sure a big issue...but so could an overheat...so could be a suspension so raped that you need an entire new one. SC isn't just tough on a motor, but tough on the entire car...if used properly, that is! LOL

...and then there's your price range. If you have one, I'd say you should probably deduct about $2-4,000 for things you might need in the first year. Maybe more.

If you want a bmw really badly, wait for an ordinary, unraped car from some old person like me. I'm selling mine for $37,000 if you're interested.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #29
GaM3cocks

THANKS for all the responses!!

Let me try and answer most of the questions...the current owner is not a current member and is only selling it because he does not want a car payment anymore. Its a second car for him. He has done regular oil changes and has documentation for all work done to the car. The only major work is he replaced the thermostat about a month ago.

He didn't lie to me about ownership, it was a mis understanding on my part. (on the current ad, says the correct owners)

The current owner is not a member on here, i am trying to get ahold of the previous owner (that was a member "blown330i) but yeah the current owner is not a member.

umm if i forgot anything please let me know and or ask. I love forums, y'all really are amazing! thanks again!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #30
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
If you just want to drive around and look pretty...then that would be a good deal.

I would not get that car aside from the horrid looking carbon fiber...worst thing ever to slather all over your car but that's not the point.

If you are looking for a long-term bulletproof MS45 FI'd car...I don't think there is such a thing. Search my threads. I've had hardware issues, yes. But I'm seeing specific short coming specific to the MS45 that I don't see being addressed or it hasn't been explained. Of all people in this forum, I think I am one of the more qualified to talk about abused FI'd non-M cars. I don't know of one that gets abused more than mine.

Example...

bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #31
GaM3cocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
If you just want to drive around and look pretty...then that would be a good deal.

I would not get that car aside from the horrid looking carbon fiber...worst thing ever to slather all over your car but that's not the point.

If you are looking for a long-term bulletproof MS45 FI'd car...I don't think there is such a thing. Search my threads. I've had hardware issues, yes. But I'm seeing specific short coming specific to the MS45 that I don't see being addressed or it hasn't been explained. Of all people in this forum, I think I am one of the more qualified to talk about abused FI'd non-M cars. I don't know of one that gets abused more than mine.

Example...

Ok thanks for all the input....so are you saying not to get it? I will not be taking the car on the track. honestly just a straight daily driver....

The air/fuel ratio gauge doesn't give a number just says if you are running lean or rich, which right now its right in the middle, when you hammer the throttle it moves a little to the lean....
Old 11-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #32
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Don't buy a kit car, it will never work out. Build your own, look inward when things go wrong. It will keep you out of the moral battle, that soo many find themselves in. Blow the whistle or take the shut up money. Move on.. Edit: IMO the failure to the post above, is due to a bad tune. AA will never cover his expenses and he is basically SOL. Not to mention you are the 4th owner and you will be sh!t bagged even more. You will have zero support with this car.

Last edited by xixixi; 11-05-2012 at 03:08 PM.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #33
GaM3cocks

Wait what do u mean, due to a bad tune? I didn't say anything was wrong with it? Sorry for my ignorance I just want to know all the answers
Old 11-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #34
lab rat

My Ride: '02 330iT
Yes, I would probably buy it for that price. But I would make sure I have at least $3K to fix it in case there is a problem with it.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #35
GaM3cocks

Guys please don't make this an argument thread!!

I'm just trying to learn from y'all who clearly know 1000x more than me. I just want to be a part of the BMW world hahaha
Old 11-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #36
bigjae1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
Don't buy a kit car, it will never work out. Build your own, look inward when things go wrong. It will keep you out of the moral battle, that soo many find themselves in. Blow the whistle or take the shut up money. Move on.. Edit: IMO the failure to the post above, is due to a bad tune. AA will never cover his expenses and he is basically SOL. Not to mention you are the 4th owner and you will be sh!t bagged even more. You will have zero support with this car.
Agreed. When it comes time to fix it...who the know who did what to whom and when.

For the record...I never expected AA to cover my expenses.

Last edited by bigjae1976; 11-05-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #37
GaM3cocks

Ahhh still confused...thinking the majority opinion is a no?!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #38
bigjae1976

My first question to the seller is why are they selling it.

But if it were me, no. You can only imagine what you might find if you start digging into a highly modified car. I'd rather buy one that was dogged by a track rat because they generally take much better care of things and is probably better sorted. A waxer doesn't really care as long as it looks good. Sh`t could fall apart a day later. I see too many E46 show cars that I can clearly tell are mechanical time bombs when you look closely at the craftsmanship.

Last edited by bigjae1976; 11-05-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #39
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
My first question to the seller is why are they selling it.

But if it were me, no. You can only imagine what you might find if you start digging into a highly modified car. I'd rather buy one that was dogged by a track rat because they generally take much better care of things and is probably better sorted. A waxer doesn't really care as long as it looks good. Sh`t could fall apart a day later. I see too many E46 show cars that I can clearly tell are mechanical time bombs when you look closely at the craftsmanship.
Mine is a ShowCar!!!
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #40
bigjae1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBimmer View Post
Mine is a ShowCar!!!
Waxer!