E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #341
bagher

My Ride: Neocon outrage
Send a message via AIM to bagher Send a message via Skype™ to bagher
can you apologize to us for being wrong about everything now?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #342
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
I don't want a friendly congrats, I want you to say (edit: admit) you ate up all of the GOP lies on the polling data they made up, that you threw in everyones faces, and that made you create that thread.

And I don't really believe you do want Obama to be successful in 'turning things around', as you have turned such a blind eye to the steady progress of the last year. I foresee more obstructionism from the right. Its the only card their disconnected has to play.

So now you don't make good on bets? Mitt would be sad. He'd have paid that $10,000 bet had Perry accepted it

Last edited by simsima325; 11-12-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #343
bagher

a true gentleman honors his bet
Old 11-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #344
bagher

the bubble of lies they live in is truly astounding. I wonder if this loss opened their eyes to faux news lying.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #345
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

Beej, it was an engineered bubble. Keep telling your 47% things are going to be OK, show 'data' to prove it, bring in the dollars from 'investors', ???, Profit.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #346
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagher View Post
can you apologize to us for being wrong about everything now?
Everything? Regarding the election, I was wrong about three critical details :

- White voters : Apparently the enthusiasm wasn't there for Romney. 3,000,000 fewer white voters turned out to vote for Romney than McCain. That number SHOCKED me.
- Black voters : The enthusiasm for Obama WAS there. While individuals didn't show up to the polls with the same intensity as 2008, dems (blacks especially) still showed up in pretty solid numbers. I genuinely believed that blacks would be less enthusiastic after the abysmal unemployment numbers amongst their race over the last four years... or perhaps that statistic simply doesn't phase their voting behavior.
- Latino voters : I'm not sure WHAT they're voting on. Obama promised immigration reform and didn't do sh*t about it. I suppose perhaps they're voting on the hope that he holds to his word this time around? I assumed they would break for Romney and job creation.

One note : I wonder what will happen if Obama DOES do something about immigration reform this term. Let's say he legalizes all illegals. What will the voting behavior come 2016 be if the dems can no longer hold "legalization" as a carrot? Would they then vote on principles (we all know latino principles are more in line with republicans.. pro-life, pro-worker, traditional religious beliefs). What happens if Obama DOESN'T do anything about it? Do they backlash the libs for twice running on that failed promise? If Rubio is the candidate in 2016 and nothing is done about immigration reform, I don't think conservatives will have any trouble rounding up the latino vote next election cycle.

Regardless, if Mitt Romney, a shining example of what's possible in the free market can't beat an incumbent with 8% unemployment, something is wrong with our voting population.
Quote:
the bubble of lies they live in is truly astounding. I wonder if this loss opened their eyes to faux news lying.
Fox polling data was not all that less accurate than any of the big liberal outlets. Both were roughly 1-3 points skewed on either side. Fox was predicting, on average, a 5% advantage to dems and MSNBC was shouting roughly 8%... it ended up between 6-7...

Do you have any regard for data and honesty or do you just vomit talking points and hatred?

And B, as for obstructionism, did you miss Harry Reid's press conference? Can you SERIOUSLY make that claim after his filibuster comments?
Quote:
Originally Posted by washington post
Question: Well, it looks like there are going to be a number of filibusters on motions to proceed. Do you have any plans to change the filibusters?

Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.): Yes, I do. I've said so publicly. I continue to feel that way... I think that the rules have been abused and that we're going to work to change them. We're not going to do away with the filibuster but we're going to make the Senate a more meaningful place. We're going to make it so that we can get things done and so that people who want votes on what you've mentioned - same-sex marriage and abortion - I mean, the American people aren't interested in that.
So this guy is claiming that he is going to push to alter filibuster rules? For what purpose? You and I both know the answer and it's not so our senate can work to common goals and improve their abilities to compromise...

435 Horsepower 328Ci
Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 11-12-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #347
bagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
- Latino voters : I'm not sure WHAT they're voting on.

maybe because Romney wants to deport them all?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #348
bagher

The best was Karl Rove believing his own lies and Megyn Kelly calling him out on it.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #349
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

Proudly voted for the MD DREAM Act

Chase, how did you vote on Q6, Q7 and QB?

Last edited by simsima325; 11-12-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #350
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:

maybe because Romney wants to deport them all?
That's an ignorant statement and we all know it. And what of Obama's position? What exactly is it that he will do about it? Ask ICE to continue not enforcing basic US law? Is that his comprehensive reform?
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
Proudly voted for the MD DREAM Act

Chase, how did you vote on Q6, Q7 and QB?
No, no, and no.

The dream act is bullsh*t. Illegals being given the right to receive in-state tuition... how on earth do we justify that financially? Hell, they don't even have to be MD illegals.. we've just rung the dinner bell on every latino south of the border and encouraged to come to the not-so-great-state of Maryland for cheap education at the expense of people like my family. In state tuition is a luxury for those in-state-taxpayers.. not to win votes off illegals now 18 year old children. F8Ck martin o malley

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 11-12-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #351
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

Beej, get it right, its SELF Deportation. Make things so unbearable for 'those people' that they simply leave.

I'm not sure WHAT they're voting on...
Old 11-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #352
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Beej, get it right, its SELF Deportation. Make things so unbearable for 'those people' that they simply leave.

I'm not sure WHAT they're voting on...
Uh, latinos are already coming to the US in lower numbers and leaving in higher numbers... and it's a result of the obama-era-economy. I congratulate Obama on fixing the influx.. I disagree with his methods.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #353
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
No, no, and no.

The dream act is bullsh*t. Illegals being given the right to receive in-state tuition... how on earth do we justify that financially? Hell, they don't even have to be MD illegals.. we've just rung the dinner bell on every latino south of the border and encouraged to come to the not-so-great-state of Maryland for cheap education at the expense of people like my family. In state tuition is a luxury for those in-state-taxpayers.. not to win votes off illegals now 18 year old children. F8Ck martin o malley
In-state tuition for young Latinos who may or may not be of legal status (until the Federal DREAM act passes ) helps keep an EDUCATED workforce HERE in MD, instead of holding people from achieving their maximum, and contributing their maximum to our local economy.

At least you support collective bargaining rights for firefighters and police May not want to include that on your Walker 2016 campaign application tho.

Last edited by simsima325; 11-12-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #354
bagher

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jason-...b_1676182.html
Old 11-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #355
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

Also, Chase, why did you vote against Gay Marriage?
Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #356
bagher

gay people and marijuana everywhere... it's coming!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #357
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
In-state tuition for young Latinos who may or may not be of legal status (until the Federal DREAM act passes ) helps keep an EDUCATED workforce HERE in MD, instead of holding people from achieving their maximum, and contributing their maximum to our local economy.

At least you support collective bargaining rights for firefighters and police May not want to include that on your Walker 2016 campaign application tho.
Look the dream act is bogus and is nothing more than a left wing handout to buy votes amongst legal latinos.. the notion is that "hey look this group is helping illegal julio and juan so I'll vote for them".

As for achieving their maximum....., who pays for that? And what of those individuals who DON'T chose to better themselves through this legislation. If you're fine deporting and decapitating all illegal gang-bangers, I'm fine educating those looking to better themselves.
Quote:
Also, Chase, why did you vote against Gay Marriage?
I think the legislation should legalize civil unions and should provide full monetary and legal access to "benefits entitled to family". I'm yet to meet a gay individual who is against forgoing marriage to appease the religious right.

FWIW, I'm happy to see people doing stuff about pot and gay marriage at the state levels.. it's not a federal issue.

435 Horsepower 328Ci
Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 11-12-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #358
bagher

who is a gay person hurting by getting married? a
Old 11-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #359
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

But you voted no on Question 6
Old 11-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #360
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
who is a gay person hurting by getting married? a
Not hurting anyone. But my sticking point (and that of many centrist catholics) revolves around the term marriage and its tie to religious ceremonies. To many, the government (and those who continually yell about church v state) are forcing a redefinition of a religious term.

Back to work... was so much more productive last week not bantering with you guys.

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 11-12-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Closed Thread