E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
RichHawk

My Ride: 03 330i ZHP
SOLD! 2003 ZHP Imola red 93K $9,995 in KC SOLD!

NEW LOWER PRICE! $9995

SOLD!

For sale my Imola Red ZHP. 330i Sedan
Location Kansas City Area
Manual 6 speed
93K miles
No mechanical issues
Clean Kansas title, in my name with no liens.
Never been wrecked

Zenon Headlights
Memory seats / mirrors
Heated Seats
ZHP package suspension / Engine
Ipod / iPhone adapter for stereo Aux

I'm the second owner, and have owned this car since 2005, and 36K miles.
I've lovingly maintained it, giving it all it needs mechanically. The car looks good, and drives great.

Mobile 1 oil changes every 4K miles.
Clutch delay valve delete
Plugs and Valve cover gasket at 75K miles (100% beautiful and sludge free engine internals)
New Battery Nov 2011
New, oil air seperator, Engine wiring harness, Electronic throttle body at 78K miles
New engine management computer at 78K miles (Just under warranty)
New Fuel pump at 85K miles
New Windshield last week (93K)

There are cosmetic imperfections, none major, and only one that would be noticed at 10 ft. But I want to list them as full disclosure:
From most noticeable to least noticeable:
  1. Passenger mirror outer cover is missing. The mirror is intact, and not damaged. Yet the cover disappeared in a parking lot one day.
  2. Interior: Driver's seat bolster has worn thru the Alcantera material, and should be recovered /replaced
  3. Two long, shallow scratches on the driver's doors. These likely could be sanded and polished out. I blame my 4 year old and his Razor scooter.
  4. Touched up scratch on the passenger rear door. Same scooter.
  5. Scratches on the horizontal surface of the rear bumper near the trunk opening.
  6. multiple rock chips, mostly only in the clear coat of the hood around the kidneys.
  7. Interior: Driver rear door armrest has a 1/4 in gouge.

Thanks for looking. Please feel free to reach out to me.

SOLD!

Thanks,
Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0857.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	476342   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0858.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	476343   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0860.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	476344   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0861.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	476345  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0862.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	476346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0863.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	476347  

Last edited by RichHawk; 11-20-2012 at 09:10 AM.
RichHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
RichHawk

I just did the oil change today. Mobile 1.

While under her I noticed the larger adjustable sway bars. I had completely forgotten that it has larger aftermarket sway bars.

25mm front, and 24mm rear.

Richard
Old 11-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
RichHawk

bump
Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
RichHawk

New Price $9995

I'm playing on your Psychological weaknesses by dropping the price under the $10K mark, and practicing my Jedi mind tricks.

"You want to buy my ZHP" -waving hand- "Kansas is not as far as you think, we have 75 MPH speed limits."

In all seriousness, The Taillight recall is done, so the dash is again beautifully dark. The oil service reminder is reset, fresh Mobile one in the crankcase.
I just bought you a brand new Key and remote Tuesday. That alone was $160.

Thanks for looking,
Richard

Last edited by RichHawk; 11-09-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
black325iBMW

My Ride: 2004 325i Sport
I had an 04' 325i. 5 spd. Sports Package. It was totaled about a month and a half ago and I'm in search of a replacement. This seems like a fantastic deal. I go to school in Baton Rouge and my parents are in Dallas. They would be the ones to drive up to check it out. My only question is (and this goes to anyone with enough e46/ZHP knowledge to answer):

DO all e46's cost as much as my last one did to maintain or did I get scammed by the dealer we got it from?

It had about 104k miles and was about a 9/10 Interior and Exterior. We ended up paying for about 10k in miscellaneous mechanical repairs in the year I owned it. That was in addition to the trim falling off the doors, the headliner peeling everywhere, and somehow the carpet getting soaked in the passenger rear floor whenever it rained...

I'm graduating from LSU this upcoming Summer and want a reliable car to last me until then and possibly a year or so after. Will I be able to maintain this car with only the love and care (plus a couple $k's in repairs) that I so uselessly gave my last e46?

If so, I'd be in for 9.5k.
black325iBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #6
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by black325iBMW View Post
I had an 04' 325i. 5 spd. Sports Package. It was totaled about a month and a half ago and I'm in search of a replacement. This seems like a fantastic deal. I go to school in Baton Rouge and my parents are in Dallas. They would be the ones to drive up to check it out. My only question is (and this goes to anyone with enough e46/ZHP knowledge to answer):

DO all e46's cost as much as my last one did to maintain or did I get scammed by the dealer we got it from?

It had about 104k miles and was about a 9/10 Interior and Exterior. We ended up paying for about 10k in miscellaneous mechanical repairs in the year I owned it. That was in addition to the trim falling off the doors, the headliner peeling everywhere, and somehow the carpet getting soaked in the passenger rear floor whenever it rained...

I'm graduating from LSU this upcoming Summer and want a reliable car to last me until then and possibly a year or so after. Will I be able to maintain this car with only the love and care (plus a couple $k's in repairs) that I so uselessly gave my last e46?

They're all the same basic cars - for the most part the maintenance of two otherwise equally cared for cars will cost the same. But whether or not they were properly taken care of is a big factor.

Tires and brakes will be more expensive on a ZHP compared to a 325. Otherwise maintenance will be identical
Old 11-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
RichHawk

Quote:

Gah!
That's a Horrible experience. $10K in one year? Even if you count all the tires brakes and oil changes on top of the small repairs, I haven't hit even HALF of that in the 6 Years I've owned this ZHP. Though I do all my own work ,which certainly keeps the costs low.

I'm sorry you got either scammed or Lemon-ed, But I can't see that as normal.

Your Parents are welcome to come drive the car at any time.
Additionally I already had one local BMW enthusiast come check out the car. He might be willing to be a reference point. I don't know him, He has no bias towards me, but seemed to love cars like I do, and could be willing to take calls about it. I still have his number and will call him to see if he will.

Richard.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
black325iBMW

Now that I think about it, I guess it was more like two years... The time sure flew when it was running smooth!

I definitely think we were Lemoned, though. Come to find out, when my parents tried to get the car released to us from the tow yard it was taken to, the car had a lien on it in the state of Louisiana in the name of a previous owner from 2006! We bought the car in 2010 in Texas--title and everything... The whole fiasco with that car from the mechanical issues to the post wreck nonsense kinda left a bad taste in our mouth's, but being on this forum and seeing how much people really care about these beautiful machines kept me faithfully optimistic about what really is an amazing car. I look forward to owning my next BMW--hoping it will be an even better experience!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
black325iBMW

And that sounds great! I'm sure my Dad would feel better about making the trip having heard an unbiased review!
Old 11-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #10
RichHawk

bump
Old 11-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #11
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:

Yeah, you had a particularly bad experience. Not only does it sound like your car was a problem child, but if you went to the dealer then you probably over paid on parts by about 10% and paid about double for the labor than you would have if you went to an independent shop.

Good Luck everybody!

EDIT: Oh, also. If you want a second opinion on the car you could ask the seller to bring it to either the local bmw dealer (Baron BMW in this case) or a reputable independent shop (I always recommend Auto Tech Services, OP) and ask for a Pre Purchase Inspection to be done. It will cost some money ($150ish? Its been a few years since I've had one) but it is a second opinion from a professional that you can get and trust before spending a few days on the car.

Last edited by Andy2108; 11-10-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #12
RichHawk

I'm certainly willing to take the car to Baron BMW, or any independent shop for a PPI. You would be responsible for covering the PPI costs.

Richard
Old 11-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #13
avincent52

My Ride: 325iT 5 speed/Sport
All the difference in the world between a well-maintained car and one that isn't.
Looks like Rich did a lot of significant work on the car.
You might have a look at the cooling system (which can cause catastrophic overheating problems if/when it fails) and the suspension.
But I'd second the suggestion of a PPI. You'll have a complete handle on the condition of the car and what it's likely to need and when.
My guess is that getting a $150 PPI on that first BMW would have saved you $10,000.

But to answer your question, no, BMWs can be trouble free. I had my 2005 325iT for six years and 65,000 miles and the only things I had to replace were brakes and one belt, and it never ever failed to start or left me stranded.

Last edited by avincent52; 11-14-2012 at 09:58 AM.
avincent52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #14
ThumperNC24

My Ride: 'Mericuh V8 Power
nice ride. Stock clutch still?

Any idea how much it would cost to get a new mirror cover piece? How much a new seat or recovering would cost?

03 Z06 466rwhp.
ThumperNC24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #15
RichHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperNC24 View Post
nice ride. Stock clutch still?

Any idea how much it would cost to get a new mirror cover piece? How much a new seat or recovering would cost?
Mirror covers in black are $40 each on Ebay.

Seat rebolster cover from upholstery shops are typically $225

The Clutch was replaced right at the end of the warranty period (35K miles) along with the entire transmission, because the tech of the original owner heard a whine he didn't like in second gear. So the clutch really has only 60K miles on it, and has not been abused.

Richard
Old 11-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #16
RichHawk

Sold!

Tags
330i, bmw, for sale, imola, zhp