E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #61
scca_ziptie

My Ride: 2006 M3 SMG Comp pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Kris View Post
The sketching is getting finalized as small details are ironed out. This clip here, this vent at this angle, this support to be this tall... small things that will tailor our hood to be different and better than the others.

Looking good Kris !
Old 02-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #62
gearhead2069

My Ride: 2004 M3
I guess I speak alone on this one, not so sure that I like the vents in the hood. In my opinion they just make the hood look like something out of a Fast and Furious movie. I know they came with the GTR hood, but I just can't find a way to love them. LOVE the more aggressive power dome! I haven't disagreed with any of your designs yet, so I guess I'll just have to see the final product. Thanks for getting forum opinions!
Old 02-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #63
Firstboost

My Ride: 2006 Tiag ZCP
JFC! ^^ Make that sig smaller please!
Firstboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #64
floydlloyd85

My Ride: 2002 318 Ci coupe
Version 2 is nice. Version 1 dosent appeal much.
floydlloyd85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #65
HPF Kris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: My Dreams
The HPF Carbon Fiber Hood is now enroute. It'll be hitting the CNC machine for a mold very soon. First stage in creating that mold is what is showcased in this video. It's still a bit far till we see the final product, but progress is definitely being made.

HPF Kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #66
-ForceFed-

My Ride: S40 T5 / E46 M3
Design looks awesome, and unless you work in composites I don't think people realize the money required to produce a 100% CF product.

I work in composite aerospace tooling, the mold, quality material, and proper layup procedure to create a quality product is not cheap. Most would **** if they knew how much core alone costs haha.

Good luck, in for the finished product.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #67
ViperZ

My Ride: 1992 325i & 2006 M3
I think its a nice improvement over the GTR hood, for those that have to have the vents. Personally I for my self, I would like one with out the vents, and where the power bulge is just slightly more pronounced over OEM. Nothing outlandish, just subtle.
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #68
Mouf

My Ride: 2004 ZHP Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
I think its a nice improvement over the GTR hood, for those that have to have the vents. Personally I for my self, I would like one with out the vents, and where the power bulge is just slightly more pronounced over OEM. Nothing outlandish, just subtle.
I'm with ViperZ. I would prefer no vents just a bulge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App
Mouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #69
wannasupra

My Ride: 2006 Hayabusa
i like it.
wannasupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #70
rkiefer

My Ride: 2006 M3
Made in the USA =)

"Made in the USA" finally a company keeping US dollars in the states good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
Let me correct your statement. The Vorsteiner E46 M3 double carbon fiber hood was over $1600 msrp and it is no longer sold. http://www.simply13.com/products-pag...ted-race-hood/
The Asuka hood was a single layer carbon fiber hood for $1300 and it is also no longer sold.

(previously mentioned on page 2)
The HPF hood is $1995 and:

#1) Made in the USA
#2) No fiberglass fillers. These hoods are 100% carbon fiber with a "core" center for added strength and lighter weight.
#3) Top AND BOTTOM layers of the hood are 100% carbon fiber. Not fiberglass.
#4) Designed as a DIAB sandwich core using the same method that Koenigsegg uses to build their cars. This is done for added strength and reduced weight.
#4) Comes with a UV Marine Clear Coat built in, not primered or painted to cover up defects.
#5) Has OEM quality fitment.
#6) Includes a 12 month limited warranty from Advanced Composite Systems. This warranty covers surfaced defects such as crazing of the topcoat, fading and disoloration of the topcoat, and chipping or checking not associated with damaged related to acts of God, misuse, abuse, negligence, road damage or installation damage. Nor does it warrant against damage associated with shipping.

Chris.
_nr_
rkiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #71
BeMyWhip

My Ride: 01 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Kris View Post
The HPF Carbon Fiber Hood is now enroute. It'll be hitting the CNC machine for a mold very soon. First stage in creating that mold is what is showcased in this video. It's still a bit far till we see the final product, but progress is definitely being made.

Im working on a hood myself; anyhow, I like it, but its too similar to others out there. Why dont you make it a cowl in the rear of the hood and cover the stock grill? also, use just one pair of grills... one on each side.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #72
HPF Kris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: My Dreams

HPF Kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #73
0-60motorsports

My Ride: E30 325ic & E46 M3
Send a message via MSN to 0-60motorsports Send a message via Yahoo to 0-60motorsports
Damn, that actually looks awesome.
EURO 04 M3: GC Coils, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Trunk + CF Rear Diffusor + CSL center console, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS Stepped Headers, SS Catless S & Res X-pipe, SS Race, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL Steering + CSL interior, OEM CSL Intake, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, FX-R 3.0's, ST40's, DINAN Rear Strut Brace, BW Oil Cooler, 3.91 gears
0-60motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #74
PME46

My Ride: E46 M3, YZF-R6
Hood looks very good guys and the price is fair given the quality of the product. Looking forward to seeing the final product.
PME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #75
braaang

My Ride: E46 M3
thats a very nice design.
chris, if you guys run out of design capacity, there's plenty of budding designers on this forum! lol

i'd say the purpose of the vents is added cooling, something that a high HP motor requires. hence it is a functional piece.

just hope you still have some available in 5 yrs time when I plan to do my S85 transplant..
cheers
braaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #76
PerkM3
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Could you do variations of your design? Say, one with just the inner vents?
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote