E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
New members check-in, introduce yourselves, and post a picture of your BMW here!

Old 11-04-2012, 05:49 AM   #1
sharkey62

My Ride: 320i
Smile Hello from the UK

Hi
I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Leigh and I live in Somerset in the UK. I have recently purchased a 2001 320i with 48k on the clock. Car is in very good condition but I do want to update it but being female I do not have a lot of technical expertise. I have seen some posts on here and people seem to be very knowledgeable ln different areas so hoping to get some advice and tips. It might have to be written in a very simple way
Thank you
Leigh
sharkey62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
99_323i_Steve

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i
Welcome . Only 48k? Dang! Id say starting with your schedule II maintenance would get you on track with how low your miles are. whats your favorite football club?

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Bimmer App

99 323i. Factory:Harmon Kardon Hi-Fi, Winter Package w/ heated sport seats, and Sport package with Sport steering wheel and Sport suspension.

Aftermarket: 16" rims, LED Angel Eyes, LED license plate lights, LED tails, LED depos, Black kidney grill, and DICE Aux jack input, 20% tint.
99_323i_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
sharkey62

Talking

Thank you for your welcome.

The car is genuine mileage and is backed up by service history. It is going for a service next month. Just have to get some body work sorted out first as after a month of owning it some idiot decided to put a dent in the front wing when it was parked up just for the hell of it
I also want to upgrade the headlights but am finding it a bit confusing. I am reading though the posts here but with very little technical knowledge and knowing nothing about wiring might take me a while to learn.

My favourite football club is Chelsea and have always been a Chelsea fan.

It is a bit daunting being a girl and asking technical questions as worried people will think I am just an idiot but so far so good.

Have a good day.

Leigh
Old 11-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
99_323i_Steve

Well by headlights I'm guessing u want to go from halogen to projector correct? They call it a face lift I believe. Fcpeueo.com has some great deals on face lift items like those headlights for our e46s.

Chelsea aye? I was always an avid man_u supporter but once ronaldo transferred to real madrid I've mostly watched their games after that.

99 323i. Factory:Harmon Kardon Hi-Fi, Winter Package w/ heated sport seats, and Sport package with Sport steering wheel and Sport suspension.

Aftermarket: 16" rims, LED Angel Eyes, LED license plate lights, LED tails, LED depos, Black kidney grill, and DICE Aux jack input, 20% tint.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
99_323i_Steve

Link is fcpeuro.com sorry about that. Don't fret about being a female. This stuff is easy to catch on to and if u have your own tools their are a lot of do it yourself threads around here.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
sharkey62

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the link. I only really want to upgrade to Angel Eye was thinking of converting to Xenon as well but this seems as though it will cause more trouble as I only have Halogen set up. I think with the Xenon you need to have self levelling suspension so you dont blind other drivers.
So at the moment just needing to know how I would upgrade to LED rings if I purchased plug and play angel light headlight units.
Will have a look on your link and see what I can find,
Thank you
Leigh
Old 11-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
99_323i_Steve

If you want high quality angel eyes bimmian.com may be ur place. As far as going xenon hids on your halogen headlights yes u would be blinding others. But buy ing the projector headlights would allow u to concentrate the beam and almost positive auto leveling would not b needed than.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
sharkey62

Thanks Steve
Love that Bimmian site I could spend a fortune there - if I had a fortune. Just seen some DEPO lights on there that seem to be just what I am looking for. Will have to save up a bit more I think.
Leigh