E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
JayKayo
Account closed at users request

My Ride: 2005 330Ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to JayKayo
Lightbulb Another E46 Fog Light Thread

330Ci ZHP with Orion V2's and stock fogs, looking to get 6000K HID projector fogs.

How would I go about getting this done the right way? I'm thinking of getting the projector fogs from Khoalty (like the look with the M-Tech II bumper over the stock fogs). What next? What would I need, exactly?
JayKayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
steve.k

My Ride: 05' 325Ci, 13' WRX
Projector Fogs with compatible 6000k HID Bulbs & Ballasts..... wiring should be the same as OEM.
IMO i reckon just change to 6000k HIDs on stock fogs...
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
^Absolute barnyard. The proper way to do it is retrofit high quality projectors inside OE/OE-style housings. You're going to get the equivalent of a keychain mag-lite by slapping in a DDM kit into projectors designed for halogen or by using Umnitza/whatever/ebay branded fogs.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=919411

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #4
JayKayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
^Absolute barnyard. The proper way to do it is retrofit high quality projectors inside OE/OE-style housings. You're going to get the equivalent of a keychain mag-lite by slapping in a DDM kit into projectors designed for halogen or by using Umnitza/whatever/ebay branded fogs.

How much did the parts cost altogether? And how much to have Mango as my installer...
Old 06-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
hahaha.. ummm i'd say altogether close to $250-$300. fogs $50, bulbs $50 (i think), ballasts $120, materials. its not hard to do. just figure everything out.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #6
steve.k

My Ride: 05' 325Ci, 13' WRX
Quote:

The fogs on your car look amazing.

So basically what your saying is to keep the OEM housing (change the plastic to a clear type?) and put the projector light in there with the HID's attached?

I don't really see how that differs from buying the projector fogs off ebay and putting HID's in there, wouldn't it basically be the same thing? Or don't those projector fogs come with an 'OEM like' housing?

EDIT: just had a look on ebay, it looks like the projector fogs dont come with a housing.

Last edited by steve.k; 06-20-2012 at 11:02 PM.
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #7
Crestwood1001

My Ride: 2001 325xi
^generally speaking you can get higher quality lenses by buying the projector parts yourself
Crestwood1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #8
JayKayo

Quote:
hahaha.. ummm i'd say altogether close to $250-$300. fogs $50, bulbs $50 (i think), ballasts $120, materials. its not hard to do. just figure everything out.
$400 and you rig mine up? DIY guides mean nil to me unless I know how to do it already from experience, and how to do it correctly. I don't like taking chances with something going wrong - but you seem to know how to put it all together well from your E46
Old 11-19-2012, 01:32 AM   #9
Torshizzle

My Ride: 2005 Black 330ci ZHP
250$ I don't understand....why can't I buy 50$ ddm hid kit and put them in my stock fog light covers?

2005 Bmw 330ci ZHP
Black on Black
19" M3 Rims
1st Love
Torshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote