E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #21
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaef View Post
Is it just me, or do your headlights look a wee bit foggy?

Also, damn shame these didn't come with angel eyes stock
I normally don't like to mod cars, but damn, a BMW with angel eyes is really gorgeous. Especially a grey one, your car looks absolutely fantastic
Thanks. Yah, the only mods I have are the angel eyes and trunk lid spoiler. I like keeping everything stock as well.

The headlight lenses are dirty due to a long drive and snow. Also, the headlight lenses are pitted. Will wait till the winter is over to change them.
Believe it or not, all those pictures are from the same day. Thats how colorado weather is in different elevations.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #22
trj

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
A BMW with angel eyes that didn't come with them from the factory looks really teenage. Trust us!

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...0#post14335415
Debated removing them a hundred times. But I have to have DRLs and I have bixenon retrofit with the highs connected to the bixenon projectors. Can't have the high beams as DRLs. So, I keep them as DRLs.
Also, after having them for more than a year, just cant make myself to remove them. May be one day I will, but for now it will stay.

PS: not a teenager, well into 30s.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #23
Schaef

My Ride: 2012 Civic EX
Quote:
A BMW with angel eyes that didn't come with them from the factory looks really teenage. Trust us!

Do these cars have stock drl's?
If so, what are they?
Schaef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #24
trj

Quote:
If so, what are they?
Yes, the stock DRLs are the high beam bulbs running on 20% power.
For me its not an option because it will send 20% power to the bixenon projector all the time.

Lets not take this thread out of context.
PM me if you have questions on my setup.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #25
floydlloyd85

My Ride: 2002 318 Ci coupe
-What was the reason why you got into cars?

I was always into cars. Eversince i was a child. I now work in a bodyshop painting and restoring and repairing. So even now cars are a big part of my everyday life.

-Why did you choose the e46?

I borrowed my friends coupe for a few days when my other vehicle had broken down. I ended up buying it. Its was a nice car to drive so i decided to keep it.

-Why do you modify your car?

To attract more ladies.

-What are your views on other car cultures?

I am open minded. I like more track related cars. I love 70's and 80's era cars. I would rather sit in a car with a roll cage than a proper stanced camber car. My brother however is heavily into the stance euro / dub scene. So i attend events with him and know how to appreciate their cars because the euro boys know how to look after their cars.

-What car subculture do you associate with?

Suttle i suppose.

Why?

A set of wheels and coilovers and a few neat touches are enough for me.

-What do you consider a "proper" car?

My car. I like it. Thats the way i want it. Simple.

Last edited by floydlloyd85; 11-06-2012 at 06:06 PM.
floydlloyd85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #26
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
If so, what are they?
Yes and no. Depending on where you live, the option is either enabled or disabled.

The stock DRLs are 55W H7 halogen high beam bulbs running on 35w vs 55w full power. They are on any time the ignition is turned on.I have mine enabled on purpose.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #27
cbm3ltv

My Ride: e46 m3
Thanks again, all!

And yes, I do realize that car enthusiasts don't always pertain to people who modify their cars so I added another question to the original post! (Thanks for the opinon, Dmax!)

Let's see what everyone else's definition of a car enthusiast is!

Last edited by cbm3ltv; 11-06-2012 at 04:32 PM.
cbm3ltv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #28
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
I believe a larger % of those modding cars have or want to have sex with their cars and I think that's both odd and disgusting.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #29
FenderGuy05
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i

I was always gravitated toward cars when I was a kid as many boys are, but it didn't really hit me until I bought a car that performed. Before the e46 I had a pickup, and didn't do any modding or diy work.

My dad had a nice e36 sedan when I was about 16yo, from the moment I got into the car I loved it and decided that I was going to work toward a BMW, most likey an e36. Eventually I was able to afford one, and the e46 was in better condition at the time then any e36s I could find. And I had grown to love the curved finish over the e36, but not so curved like the e9x.

-Why do you modify your car? or why you don't modify your car?

Only modifications were lighting mods, LED interior and license plate lights, angel eyes, and LED tails. Clear corners and sidemakers. Just personalized the car to where I wanted it. When it comes to performance parts, I stick to OEM.

-What are your views on other car subcultures? (ex.Stance, purists, track-oriented cars.)

To each their own, except you stance guys (jk). Everyone has their own opinions, and their own cars, and I respect that.

-What car subculture do you associate with? Why?

I'm not a total purist, but have purist tendencies, and at the same time don't track at all, but look to do it in the future.

Something that's clean, well taken care of, and runs smoothly. Can't stand it when people mistreat their cars.

-What do you think a car enthusiast is?

Someone who cares enough to do their own work, learn everything about their car that is possible, and look forward to driving and working on the car more then anything else.

Quote:

I totally disagree Mango, I prefer the LED AEs to the e9x angel eyes. I do like the f30, but those tend to be more along the lines of my orions IMO.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #30
floydlloyd85

My Ride: 2002 318 Ci coupe

I was always into cars. Eversince i was a child. I now work in a bodyshop painting and restoring and repairing. So even now cars are a big part of my everyday life.

I borrowed my friends coupe for a few days when my other vehicle had broken down. I ended up buying it. Its was a nice car to drive so i decided to keep it.

To attract more ladies.

-What are your views on other car cultures?

I am open minded. I like more track related cars. I love 70's and 80's era cars. I would rather sit in a car with a roll cage than a proper stanced camber car. My brother however is heavily into the stance euro / dub scene. So i attend events with him and know how to appreciate their cars because the euro boys know how to look after their cars.

-What car subculture do you associate with?

Suttle i suppose.

Why?

A set of wheels and coilovers and a few neat touches are enough for me.

My car. I like it. Thats the way i want it. Simple.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1352246916.552057.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	477116   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1352246938.914226.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	477117   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1352246965.103509.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	477118  
floydlloyd85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #31
///MPR77

My Ride: 02 ///M3 Tri-Ped
Vanishing Point
Gumball Rally
Cannonball Run

Because I became addicted to BMW 8 years ago by way of my first BMW; an X3 6 M/T M54 B30, I traded it in for an e46, and three e46ers later my infatuation continues to grow.

Because I'm a 323i owner

-What are your views on other car subcultures? (ex.Stance, purists, track-oriented cars.)

Stancework style is ugly.

Track cars are track cars, purpose built.

-What car subculture do you associate with? Why?
No Affiliation.

*edit I'm in the Preventative Maintenance Crew.

Solo Canyonist here.

One that makes your fizzy bit tingle.

-What do you think a car enthusiast is?
Someone who is rather enthusiastic about cars.

Bewahren Sie ihre ultimative fahrmaschine

Last edited by ///MPR77; 11-06-2012 at 07:58 PM.
///MPR77 is offline   Reply With Quote