E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
vert

My Ride: MINI Cooper Hatch
Send a message via AIM to vert
FS: 2004 330i ZHP Imola Red 6MT in VA

For sale a 2004 330i ZHP Imola Red sedan with a 6 speed manual transmission. Currently has around 114,xxx miles. Leather seats with memory, leather tri-color steering wheel, sunroof, Xenon lights, Harmon Kardon stereo, black suede interior/visors from the factory, rain sensing wipers. Clear title in my name. Never in any accidents since the car was built confirmed by Carfax/Autocheck.

Mods: ebay headers with O2 Sim in the engine bay, smoked lights all around, splitters, blacked out grill, DIY iPod connector (charge/play), separate AUX connector, ski-pass mod, 35% tint all around, Stoptech drilled rotors with stock pads all around. Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport Plus AS with plenty of tread.

I bought this car from another fanatic about 3 years ago. The car has been always garaged, washed/waxed. There are no mechanical issues with this car and it has been the most reliable e46 out of the 3 I have owned. This is a totally different drive and experience than my previous non-zhp 330i, especially with the headers, the sound, the drive/handling etc. No issues with any electronic components. No noises, rattles when driving and it handles as new.

Maintenance: Oil changes done every 7,500 miles along with Techron. Some of the recent maintenance and preventative items include: power steering fluid changed/gasket replaced, water pump replaced, coolant flushed, oil filter housing gasket replaced, all drive belts replaced, transmission and differential fluid changed, all ignition coils replaced, Duralast battery installed, wipers replaced, cabin filter replaced. I have records going back to 66,000 miles and prior to that could be probably pulled up at the Dealer - I have not bothered as the car has been very reliable.

Issues:Curb rash on the wheels (passenger side) and small rock chips on the bumper/hood caused by highway driving - touched up with OEM paint stick, no rust. There is a small section on the top of the driver side doors where there are tiny bubbles in the clear coat which have been there for the last 3 years and I have not done anything about it and they are not getting any worse (picture below). The left hinge on the armrest has a small crack in one spot. The arm rest still goes up and down fine and it is solid, no squeaks. However, to open the small top storage compartment in the armrest, you need to push the hinge in just a bit. There is a picture where I circled the area of the small crack in the hinge. These are no mechanical issues and the car looks great when you see it in person.

Reason for sale: I would like to get a (fun) fuel miser car as I started commuting/traveling a lot. I am looking to get a 2008+ Mini Cooper (non-S) with a manual transmission to get that 40+ mpg highway. I am in absolutely no rush to sell and will wait for the right person or just keep the car as I am still talking myself into getting a Cooper instead of this ZHP. Currently, I mostly commute on my motorcycle but that does not work very well in inclement weather so a small car would be better. With that said, I am also open to trades if you have a base manual Cooper preferably with leather interior, sport seats and a sunroof.

Asking Price: *SOLD*.

Pictures:

Last edited by vert; 12-03-2012 at 12:55 PM.
vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
IrunBimmer

My Ride: 323i
Add pics of the interior
IrunBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
vert

Interior is very clean with no rips, no smoking etc.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
BRccKLYN

My Ride: Topaz 01 330ci
Nice clean zhp. GLWS

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Bimmer App
BRccKLYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
J LAU

My Ride: 325i
Nice car!!
J LAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
emg2919

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Sweet ZHP. GLWS.

More importantly, what camera/lens did you use for the pics? Nikon + 24-70 2.8 by chance?
emg2919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:53 AM   #7
pockomoth

My Ride: 1985 BMW 635csi
Love the car. I'm on my third Bimmer but just found out about the ZHP. I was looking for a 330 that had a little something something to it, be it a vert, a cool interior or maybe this. I currently have a 635csi and an '03 530i as my DD. I love the comfort of the 530 and need that because of poor health. 330s are comfortable enough though, but does the sportiness of the ZHP cancel out the comfort factor? Does it drive like a sedan with a lurking beast beneath or a sports car? Any comfort features like heated seats? And aside from maintenance work, what kind of work has been done: brakes replaced, radiator replaced, etc?

If we did agree on a price could you help me with a pre-purchase inspection and shipping to California?

And I could use some interior pictures, especially the driver's seat and closeups of all the most used areas, gearshift area, carpeting, etc.

Call anytime or write if you'd prefer.

Roscoe
510/368-0884

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
pockomoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:08 AM   #8
SteadyMobbin

My Ride: ImolaZHP 6spd M/T
It can't pass smog with headers?
SteadyMobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:28 AM   #9
pockomoth

Not sure, I've never bought a 49 state car. I know many cars are brought in and registration happens, but I don't know how. Lots of cars here have headers, that's for sure, and lots of motorcycles too!

Roscoe
Old 10-31-2012, 01:29 AM   #10
pockomoth

That's a cool car though, right? Think it's worth the trouble?
Old 10-31-2012, 01:36 AM   #11
SteadyMobbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pockomoth View Post
That's a cool car though, right? Think it's worth the trouble?
Well once you need to renew those tags those headers gotta come off...
Old 10-31-2012, 01:59 AM   #12
pockomoth

Hm. Headers won't pass smog?
Old 10-31-2012, 08:01 AM   #13
vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pockomoth View Post
Hm. Headers won't pass smog?
I do not know if it will or not as we don't have smog tests in VA.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #14
SteadyMobbin

It wont because you Are running no cats...it will also throw an ses light...
Old 11-01-2012, 01:39 AM   #15
pockomoth

K. I'm out. Too bad, love the car...
Old 11-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #16
E RaK

My Ride: 2001 325xit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteadyMobbin View Post
It wont because you Are running no cats...it will also throw an ses light...
Assuming he has an 02 sim. programmed it won't have an SES light... can't say much about the actual smog test though
Old 11-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #17
BimmaBwoy

My Ride: 2003 325i
Send a message via AIM to BimmaBwoy
pm'd. I live in MD. Anyone know how this affects emissions in MD?

Get your Calendar/Poster here:http://stores.lulu.com/bimmercalendars
Release thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=7663111
BimmaBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #18
vert

Back in town and available to show the car. All PM's and emails replied. Price is Best Offer so feel free to email me. Thanks!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #19
bryce-o

My Ride: 330Ci ZHP 3 pedal
FYI- California is doing away with the SMOG testing, starting in 2013. CA will join the other 4x states that just do an OBD-II test to see if there are any codes.

it sounds like OP has properly taken precautions to avoid CEL or trouble codes from running catless.

myself, i have catless headers on my ZHP with the same o2 sim in the ECU compartment. i pass emissions testing with no issues, including the OBD-II test.

just trying to help OP.....this is a great car and will have ZERO issues passing emissions testing (including CA starting in 2013).

GLWS OP
bryce-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #20
vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce-o View Post

just trying to help OP.....this is a great car and will have ZERO issues passing emissions testing (including CA starting in 2013).

GLWS OP
Thanks and bump!